This is an instance of a python-wikimedia-bot. It will be used by relet to automate some things such as page creation, categorization, replacements and what not.
If you think that it misbehaves:
- alert relet, who will almost certainly hang out on irc://foonetic.net/#geohashing while the bot is running
- don't refrain from banning the bot if you are sysop enough.
Its edits are hidden from the Recent Changes, as it is flagged as a bot. Click on "Show Bots" in the Recent Changes to display its activity. Click here to see its latest contributions.
Currently supported functions
- Create missing graticule pages based on the information found on All Graticules.
- Insert neighbor graticules into the map template on existing pages based on the information found on All Graticules.
- For an example, see any graticule page using Template:Graticule.
- IMPORTANT: Please add the Template:maintained to any page you do not want to be changed automatically. This applies to graticule pages mostly. You take the responsibility for keeping it up to date with the rest of the wiki using the "maintainer" parameter.
- Move graticules from Category:Inactive graticules to Category:Active graticules and back, according to whether there has been some expedition planning in the last six months.
- Everything that the wikipediabot can do by default. Regular expression replacements, renaming templates and categories, bulk uploading relet's media files, making excellent coffee, ...
- Visit geohashes that relet is unable to attend.
- User:ReletBot/Graticule format - Discussion on the bestest, most universal way to format the graticule templates' content.
- User:ReletBot/Country codes - A list of suggested country (and US and Canadian state) names and their shorthand replacements. Might be read automatically by the bot in the future.
- http://relet.net/trac/pygeohashing - contains the code used by the reletBot.