From Geo Hashing
Tim McCormack, here.
- GPS receiver status: Working, if I smack it sharply before pressing the Power On button.
- 2008-05-24 38 -78: Failure: First geohash, didn't see anyone. Unsure of precise location (no GPS).
- 2008-06-08 38 -78: Success: The first 90% was a pleasant walk down a field, the second 90% was struggling through briers. Only person, I think.
- 2008-08-30 38 -78: Success: Very close by, so I had to do it. By law or something. Not a difficult one. Met a turtle.
- 2009-01-17 42 -71: Failure: First Boston graticule geohash, and first where I've met another hasher! Too close to a house.
- 2009-05-08 42 -71: Success: In an alley I didn't think I'd be able to get into. (No GPS, used Google Maps.)
- 2009-07-19 42 -71: Success: Drag-along hash, and met two unfamiliar hashers. (No GPS, used Google Maps.)
- 2010-06-01 42 -71: Failure: Yardhash, chickened out a few meters away.
- 2010-06-05 42 -71: Success: Surprise no-batteries hash, meetup with a puppet!
- 2010-11-06 42 -71: Success: Deja Vu, 7-person meetup, couch potato honorable mention!
- 2012-02-29 42 -71: Failure: Guarded by wet, cold rhododendron thicket.
- 2012-03-03 42 -71: Success: Meetup, circus, snowman, and a ninja hasher
- 2013-01-13 42 -71: Failure: ...which I knew ahead of time, but did anyway, even though it ruined my nice pattern of only every 3rd hash being a failure.
- 2013-03-17 42 -71: Failure: Zoo! Kind of a sad zoo, actually. I got user:guinea-pig onto the meetup graph, though!
- I maintain geohash.info, which at this time only hosts a daily hash RSS feed. Willing to host more services at this domain.
- I wrote an offline calculator for use without internet access. (Get the DOW opening by txting a Yahoo's finance service? *shrug*)
- Also, I'm responsible for the A/S/G thing. I think I'm proud of that. Maybe not.