Nobody does it better
I'm originally from Canberra...
Now I reside in Brisbane (and have lived in both Brisbane graticules)
Nemo is nobody special.
He drives a car named Eliza which, despite the looks, he's not afraid to get out into the wild. Until May 2009, Nemo was native to -35,149.
Eliza and some geohashers
Chronology of my Geohash attempts
All successful geohashes achieve Land Geohash unless otherwise specified
2009 January 19 - Monday
- Should this be here on 2008 Oct 25, for on that date I visited this date's geohash location (even better: I did so as part of the trip TO the Oct25 geohash location. There is video of the drive...
2008 September 21 - Sunday
- Joannac, Elizabeth and Mr Tumbles joined me to find Psud, Helen, Charlotte and Tom on Mt Ainslie
- Picnic Geohash
- No Batteries
- Juggling award (ribbon)
2008 July 13 - Sunday
- Failure to get to the hashpoint, but exploration of nearby London Bridge natural limestone arch
- Second MNB award
- Picnic Geohash
2008 June 17 - Tuesday
- A beautiful lunch picnic next to Old Parliament House.
- First No Batteries award (ribbon)
- Pedantically, the ACT regional award was achieved with this visit (ribbon)
- Similarly pedantically, Minesweeper Geohash (rank 1) achieved on this hash. (ribbon)
- Picnic Geohash for -35,149 (ribbon)
2008 June 14 - Saturday
- A +24hour late visit - we went to Friday's graticule on Saturday. More pine regrowth, this time out by Molonglo Gorge. Due to the quasitemporal nature of this geohash, I am citing it as a win visit, but not citing it as evidence towards any achievements (possible are: picnic/minesweeper rank 1/ACT regional/juggling)
2008 June 01 - Sunday
- Out past Cotter Dam in pine forest regrowth.
- We invented the first version of the Geohash Card Game.
- First MNIMB award (ribbon)
- Picnic Geohash for -35,148 (ribbon)
- Virgin Graticule (ribbon)
Brisbane Area Achievements
- note: only the first achievement for each graticule is listed
Canberra Area Achievements
| Nemo achieved level 1 of the Minesweeper Geohash achievement
- by visiting coordinates in -35,149 and 1 of the surrounding graticules.
Mother Nature vs Nemo
Am I Mother Nature's Bitch, or vice versa?
Map of Geohash visits
Google maps of my visits (this may be more up to date than the convenient image below :)
This is thanks to User:Hessophanes/Regiohashing
- TODO: save and upload regiohashing image
I'm on the internet...
- on my blog
- on wikipedia
- and I'm usually 'nemo' on irc (eg: #geohashing on foonetic)