Not sure about deleting
- CURSE - nice curious "ooh i wonder what that is" link
- I've added the Curse of the Geohash page to the fun stuff category, is there anything else that needs doing about it? I feel that keeping both versions of it is not needed. -- UnwiseOwl 08:17, 27 May 2009 (UTC)
- Cape May-Lewes Ferry - dubious value?
- Carleton-Sur-Mer, Quebec - and all other pages that link to accented equivalents, to make it easier for those who don't know how to do accented letters+
- Keep these, they make perfect sense.
- Changwat Phra Nakhon, Thailand In the same spirit as above
- Copenhagen, and other things like Canberra and Cambridge that people like using instead of typing the whole grat name.
- Double hash, Triple hash etc - can whoever uses them just use Multihash?
- Yes, they can use "Multihash" if they know that a double hash is a special case of a multihash. In creating these redirects (and ones like "Cambridge") I was trying to follow what I thought was a wiki rule -- if something is known by various names, then redirecting from those alternate names is a Helpful Thing To Do. Sure, anyone knowledgable or dedicated enough is going to be able to find the "real" page anyway, but why shouldn't we make it easy for them? Useless stuff should indeed be deleted, but not useful or helpful things. -- Benjw 15:37, 27 May 2009 (UTC)
- Just to clarify, a LOT of the shorter city name pages have been tagged and deleted already, so I feel like I'm being a bit hypocritical if I let those particular ones stay, but not the multitude of others. --joannac 21:29, 27 May 2009 (UTC)
- And I like your reasoning, as long as I don't end up with all variations of [D|d]ouble [H|h]ash. ;) --joannac 21:29, 27 May 2009 (UTC)
- Dow -- ditto
- 2009-01-17 45 -122 -- light on text - Jim is asking about status of this one
- 2009-04-04 45 -122 -- light on text - Jim is also asking about status of this one.
- Bird Island North, South Georgia, Atlantic Ocean
- Bird Island South, South Georgia, Atlantic Ocean
- I named the South Georgia graticules. What's the problem? If it is about "Atlantic Ocean": I think it is important, because else nobody would know where in the world it is. - Danatar 07:16, 13 July 2009 (UTC)
- Ch'ih-hsien-t'an, China -- surely pinyin would be more appropriate?
- Ch'ang-sha-ch'ang, China
- Champaign/Urbana, Illinois - Champaign-Urbana?
- Having heard it enough times, no one from the area will know it without both cities, so hyphen is probably best. --aperfectring 12:21, 13 July 2009 (UTC)
- Cincinnati, OH Previous Meetups - Cincinnati, Ohio/Previous Meetups?
- Colorado Springs/Pueblo, Colorado
- Lawrence/Topeka, Kansas
- Special:Contributions/K17s0s - All Graticules needs to be updated, and old name pages deleted (maybe)
obsolete, need to be cleared out
Pages to be fixed
Denver, Colorado, which should have GratV applied to it.Done --Meghan 22:05, 11 March 2010 (UTC)
- Consecutive Geohash
- Cubicle Geohash
Recent expeditions such as 2016-12-27 51 -0 have red links to the category page like 2016-12-27 and Meetup on 2016-12-27. Can you fix it? Or do you know who can? Thanks --Sourcerer (talk) 11:03, 28 December 2016 (UTC)
- I tried leaving you a message via hashie - I think this is https://github.com/relet/pygeohashing/issues/9 and you need to follow up with aperfectring --joannac (talk) 11:09, 28 December 2016 (UTC)
Allow embedding from geohashing.info
Hi, I have on geohashing.info a nice statbar, I got the question if it would be possible to include it on a user page, however, the wiki only allows including from whitelisted pages. Can you please whitelist https://geohashing.info.
And perhaps it would be a good idea to also whitelist https://data.geohashing.info, that way we can easily switch to my dow source in case peeron has problems.