From Geo Hashing
Not sure about deleting
- CURSE - nice curious "ooh i wonder what that is" link
- I've added the Curse of the Geohash page to the fun stuff category, is there anything else that needs doing about it? I feel that keeping both versions of it is not needed. -- UnwiseOwl 08:17, 27 May 2009 (UTC)
- Cape May-Lewes Ferry - dubious value?
- Carleton-Sur-Mer, Quebec - and all other pages that link to accented equivalents, to make it easier for those who don't know how to do accented letters+
- Keep these, they make perfect sense.
- Changwat Phra Nakhon, Thailand In the same spirit as above
- Copenhagen, and other things like Canberra and Cambridge that people like using instead of typing the whole grat name.
- Double hash, Triple hash etc - can whoever uses them just use Multihash?
- Yes, they can use "Multihash" if they know that a double hash is a special case of a multihash. In creating these redirects (and ones like "Cambridge") I was trying to follow what I thought was a wiki rule -- if something is known by various names, then redirecting from those alternate names is a Helpful Thing To Do. Sure, anyone knowledgable or dedicated enough is going to be able to find the "real" page anyway, but why shouldn't we make it easy for them? Useless stuff should indeed be deleted, but not useful or helpful things. -- Benjw 15:37, 27 May 2009 (UTC)
- Just to clarify, a LOT of the shorter city name pages have been tagged and deleted already, so I feel like I'm being a bit hypocritical if I let those particular ones stay, but not the multitude of others. --joannac 21:29, 27 May 2009 (UTC)
- And I like your reasoning, as long as I don't end up with all variations of [D|d]ouble [H|h]ash. ;) --joannac 21:29, 27 May 2009 (UTC)
- Dow -- ditto
- 2009-01-17 45 -122 -- light on text - Jim is asking about status of this one
- 2009-04-04 45 -122 -- light on text - Jim is also asking about status of this one.
- Bird Island North, South Georgia, Atlantic Ocean
- Bird Island South, South Georgia, Atlantic Ocean
- I named the South Georgia graticules. What's the problem? If it is about "Atlantic Ocean": I think it is important, because else nobody would know where in the world it is. - Danatar 07:16, 13 July 2009 (UTC)
- Ch'ih-hsien-t'an, China -- surely pinyin would be more appropriate?
- Ch'ang-sha-ch'ang, China
- Champaign/Urbana, Illinois - Champaign-Urbana?
- Having heard it enough times, no one from the area will know it without both cities, so hyphen is probably best. --aperfectring 12:21, 13 July 2009 (UTC)
- Cincinnati, OH Previous Meetups - Cincinnati, Ohio/Previous Meetups?
- Colorado Springs/Pueblo, Colorado
- Lawrence/Topeka, Kansas
- Special:Contributions/K17s0s - All Graticules needs to be updated, and old name pages deleted (maybe)