|This implementation IS FULLY 30W-compliant.|
 Why another one
None of the calculators really worked like I wanted, so I decided to write my own based on the google maps API V3 and geo.crox.
 Supported platforms
- Desktop: (all?) modern browsers support on any OS
- iPad and iPhone: Works very well with multi touch. Update November 28, 2013: with a bookmark on the homescreen created since today the adresbar and toolbar are hidden, resulting a larger map on the screen.
- Android: Works both in native browser and others
 Not tested
- Blackberry, Windows phone, others not listed above
If anyone tests the app on any system, feel free to report if it works, either here (if it works) or on the discussion page (with bug report). Of course you can also join #geohashing on irc.foonetic.net
- Uses geolocation to determine location, also possible to provide url parameters or store home in a cookie
- When no location is provided the map will center on the Netherlands
- Shows hash in home graticule + 8 surrounding graticules
- Download 1 hash or all visible hashes as gpx
- Select previous date, next date and today with buttons
- When available not only the requested date but (optional) also a maximum of 6 days after that date is shown. Days are colored and the day of month is shown in the marker.
- When more than one date is selected all show up in the gpx
- Display distance from home to hash in kilometers and miles
- Clear message when hashes not yet available
- Link to:
- the meetup on the wiki
- google maps driving directions
- Nearby geocaches
- Geohashing posters
- Display streetview
- Display global hash
- Get permanent link from current view
- Give name of location based on geonames.org
- Send single hash to Garmin GPS device
 Planned features
- Add some sort of short url feature to the url?
- Expand to 5x5 hashes?
Want another feature? Feel free to ask on the discussion page. I don't promise I will do something with it, but I can take it into consideration. New features can also be discussed on #geohashing on irc.foonetic.net
- lat - latitude of the initial graticule
- lon - longitude of the initial graticule
- date - initial date in YYYY-MM-DD format