About Me
Home is the Boise area. Idaho has an excess of virgin graticules. I plan to remedy that (I've deflowered 5 so far).
Hope to meet some of you on an expedition eventually To date I've met one other Geohasher in person (with his wife and children). Hope to meet more of you someday. I will attempt to walk/bicycle to hashes when possible. However, the reality of this part of the world is that a large percentage of hashes will involve driving at least part of the way to reach.
- 2013-01-05 43 -116 - My first expedition.
- 2013-01-16 43 -116 - Reached the hashpoint, but failed the goal of getting the Speed Racer achievement.
- 2013-03-01 42 -115 - Popped the cherry of this Virgin Graticule.
- 2013-03-02 43 -115 - My first failed expedition. But since it was really a part of the previous expedition, it wasn't a complete failure.
- 2013-03-03 43 -117 - Me and Pojana fail to reach the hash, but manage to enjoy ourselves anyway.
- 2013-03-06 43 -116 - Made it to within ~720ft of the hash, but couldn't go further due to fences.
- 2013-03-08 43 -115 - Took an enjoyable walk in the desert at night.
- 2013-03-08 43 -116 - Tried for a multihash, but coordinates were on private property.
- 2013-03-09 43 -116 - Reached a hashpoint amidst off-road vehicle trails.
- 2013-03-15 44 -116 - First ever documented expedition to the Payette, ID graticule ends in failure.
- 2013-03-17 43 -116 - I got a hash that was barely out of my way.
- 2013-03-22 43 -116 - Went climbing in the hills, but didn't make it to the hash.
- 2013-03-26 43 -116 - Failed to find any public access to the hash.
- 2013-03-27 43 -116 - Went hiking on the Oregon Trail, but was thwarted by a fence.
- 2013-03-28 43 -116 - Took a nice walk in the foothills, but signs forbade going off trail.
- 2013-03-30 44 -116 - Got stuck in the snow.
- 2013-04-03 43 -116 - Reached a hash at the edge of a field.
- 2013-04-05 43 -116 - Visited a farm in the middle of the night.
- 2013-04-15 43 -116 - Sped through a hash for the Speed Racer achievement.
- 2013-04-17 43 -116 - Got within sight of the hash, but couldn't find a route without trespassing.
- 2013-04-19 43 -116 - Expedition thwarted by the national guard.
- 2013-04-20 43 -116 - Bicycled to a hash point at a construction site.
- 2013-04-21 43 -116 - Bicycled to a hash point behind a church.
- 2013-05-11 42 -116 - First ever documented expedition to Grand View, Idaho graticule ends without finding public access to the hash.
- 2013-05-13 43 -116 - Went hiking in the hills.
- 2013-05-15 43 -116 - Visited rare (for here) non-rural hash.
- 2013-05-17 44 -116 - Reached a hash on my 3rd try at this virgin graticule.
- 2013-05-24 44 -115 - First ever documented expedition to Crouch, Idaho fails due to combination of mother nature and time constraints.
- 2013-05-25 43 -116 - Mouseover day expedition.
- 2013-06-06 43 -116 - Walked up into the foothills for a Walk geohash
- 2013-06-15 43 -112 - Attempted a 'Nuclear Virgin' geohash. But there wasn't any public access to the site.
- 2013-06-15 43 -111 - Thwarted by No Trespassing signs east of Idaho Falls.
- 2013-07-03 43 -116 - Couldn't find public access to a hash that looked easy before I went.
- 2013-07-12 43 -116 - Another no trespassing hash.
- 2013-07-13 43 -116 - Reached a hash along a ditch beside a school.
- 2013-07-26 43 -116 - Found a hash point in a corn field.
- 2013-07-27 43 -116 - Reached a hash in the hills NE of Emmet.
- 2013-07-28 44 -115 - First documented successful expedition in the Crouch, Idaho graticule!
- 2013-08-02 43 -116 - Drove around the area of the hash on my way to somewhere else, but there didn't seem to be any public access.
- 2013-08-03 43 -116 - 3 separate expeditions reach the hash point, including the first ever meeting between expedition groups in this graticule.
- 2013-08-04 43 -116 - Michael5000 came and went in between my 2 visits to the site in the hopes of a meetup.
- 2013-08-12 43 -116 - Visited a hash in the desert SE of Boise.
- 2013-08-23 43 -116 - Reached a hash in a muddy field.
- 2013-08-28 41 -111 - Puppet Master Geohash! I convinced my sister to visit her local geohash.
- 2013-08-30 44 -117 - Reached a hash near Durkee, OR while on my way to Portland.
- 2013-08-30 45 -118 - Failed to reach the coordinates because they were on tribal land.
- 2013-09-02 45 -123 - Thwarted by steep terrain and dense vegetation.
- 2013-09-05 45 -123 - Walked about 4 miles through the forest while reaching this hash.
- 2013-09-06 45 -119 - Failed to reach the hash due to a no trespassing sign.
- 2013-09-07 43 -116 - Walked along a road which had flooded the previous day to reach the hash.
- 2013-09-08 43 -116 - Reached a hash in the mountains.
- 2013-09-17 43 -116 - Made it to coordinates SE of Boise.
- 2013-09-23 41 -112 - Succeeded in my first attempt at the Clearfield, UT graticule.
- 2013-09-23 43 -116 - Reached a hash in the desert near Indian Creek reservoir for a successful multihash.
- 2013-09-26 43 -116 - Tried to reach the coordinates. But found a no trespassing sign instead.
- 2013-10-16 43 -116 - Attempted a hash on an island, but the only bridge was marked private.
- 2013-10-22 43 -116 - Reached a hash just outside a chip fab.
- 2013-10-29 43 -116 - Reached a hash in the desert just off I-84.
- 2013-10-31 43 -116 - Reached a hash on the canyon rim above the Boise River.
- 2013-11-02 43 -116 - Me and Borneo successfully got to a hash in a field.
- 2013-11-03 43 -116 - Got to a hash in someone's driveway.
- 2013-11-15 43 -116 - Borneo and I reached a hash off US-95, near the Oregon border.
- 2013-11-16 43 -116 - Reached a snowy hash in the Boise foothills.
- 2013-11-26 43 -116 - Headed out into the desert north of Grand View to get a hash.
- 2013-11-27 42 -112 - Picked up a hash in a virgin graticule along the route to visit my parents for Thanksgiving.
- 2013-11-29 40 -111 - My dad and I got a hash near Park City.
- 2013-12-01 42 -113 - Reached my 2nd virgin graticule in 5 days.
- 2013-12-05 43 -116 - Got a frozen hash on vacant land in the midst of an upscale neighborhood.
For most achievements, only the first time they are earned will be listed here. A few which have some magnitude or degree of achievement (like Frozen Geohash or Consecutive Geohash) will be listed again any time the new ribbon shows a higher magnitude of achievement (colder, more consecutive hashes, and so on). And a few others (such as Virgin Graticule) will be listed every time they are achieved.
No Trespassing count
as progress towards Posted
Hashes attempted: 68 achieved: 44
Graticules where hashes were attempted: 18 achieved: 12
Maximum consecutive Hashes attempted: 4 achieved: 3
Maximum hashes attempted on a single day: 2 achieved: 2