About Me
Home is the Boise area. Idaho has an excess of virgin graticules. I plan to remedy that (I've deflowered 2 so far). Hope to meet some of you on an expedition eventually. I will attempt to walk/bicycle to hashes when possible. However, the reality of this part of the world is that a large percentage of hashes will involve driving at least part of the way to reach.
- 2013-01-05 43 -116 - My first expedition.
- 2013-01-16 43 -116 - Reached the hashpoint, but failed the goal of getting the Speed Racer achievement.
- 2013-03-01 42 -115 - Popped the cherry of this Virgin Graticule.
- 2013-03-02 43 -115 - My first failed expedition. But since it was really a part of the previous expedition, it wasn't a complete failure.
- 2013-03-03 43 -117 - Me and Pojana fail to reach the hash, but manage to enjoy ourselves anyway.
- 2013-03-06 43 -116 - Made it to within ~720ft of the hash, but couldn't go further due to fences.
- 2013-03-08 43 -115 - Took an enjoyable walk in the desert at night.
- 2013-03-08 43 -116 - Tried for a multihash, but coordinates were on private property.
- 2013-03-09 43 -116 - Reached a hashpoint amidst off-road vehicle trails.
- 2013-03-15 44 -116 - First ever documented expedition to the Payette, ID graticule ends in failure.
- 2013-03-17 43 -116 - I got a hash that was barely out of my way.
- 2013-03-22 43 -116 - Went climbing in the hills, but didn't make it to the hash.
- 2013-03-26 43 -116 - Failed to find any public access to the hash.
- 2013-03-27 43 -116 - Went hiking on the Oregon Trail, but was thwarted by a fence.
- 2013-03-28 43 -116 - Took a nice walk in the foothills, but signs forbade going off trail.
- 2013-03-30 44 -116 - Got stuck in the snow.
- 2013-04-03 43 -116 - Reached a hash at the edge of a field.
- 2013-04-05 43 -116 - Visited a farm in the middle of the night.
- 2013-04-15 43 -116 - Sped through a hash for the Speed Racer achievement.
- 2013-04-17 43 -116 - Got within sight of the hash, but couldn't find a route without trespassing.
- 2013-04-19 43 -116 - Expedition thwarted by the national guard.
- 2013-04-20 43 -116 - Bicycled to a hash point at a construction site.
- 2013-04-21 43 -116 - Bicycled to a hash point behind a church.
- 2013-05-11 42 -116 - First ever documented expedition to Grand View, Idaho graticule ends without finding public access to the hash.
- 2013-05-13 43 -116 - Went hiking in the hills.
- 2013-05-15 43 -116 - Visited rare (for here) non-rural hash.
- 2013-05-17 44 -116 - Reached a hash on my 3rd try at this virgin graticule.
For most achievements, only the first time they are earned will be listed here. A few which have some magnitude or degree of achievement (like Frozen Geohash or Consecutive Geohash) will be listed again any time the new ribbon shows a higher magnitude of achievement (colder, more consecutive hashes, and so on). And a few others (such as Virgin Graticule) will be listed every time they are achieved.
No Trespassing count
as progress towards Posted
Hashes attempted: 27 achieved: 14
Graticules where hashes were attempted: 6 achieved: 4
Maximum consecutive Hashes attempted: 3 achieved: 2
Maximum hashes attempted on a single day: 2 achieved: 1