Train wreck consolation prize
| This user earned the Train wreck consolation prize
You fail to reach the meet because your car broke down, you missed your bus, your train was late, your plane was hijacked, your horse went lame, or other transportation failure occurred.
In cases where the mode of transport is human-powered and it is a human who becomes sick, injured, or catatonic, claim the Trail of Blood consolation prize instead.
- Danatar blew up his bike with a tire inflator on 2008-12-09.
- Woodveil's chain came off his bike and locked up his back tire on 2009-03-07.
- ilpadre's bike got a flat tyre on 2009-07-09.
- Koepfel missed 2009-09-05 48 7 due to a flat tire.
- Michael5000 and Mrs.5000 had to turn back from 2011-07-16 44 -119 due to a flat tire on a remote logging road.
- Anniepoo blew up a transmission on her RV on 2011-09-08 37 -121
- Anniepoo blew up a tire on her RV on 2011-10-02 36 -121
- Traveller spent eight hours trying to unstick his car from the snow on 2012-03-27 47 -121
 Honorable mention
- Ekorren couldn't continue by bike because of a torn tyre but chose to take public transport instead and visit the hash anyway on 2009-02-13.
- Mapaholic and Vicky couldn't get to the 2012-08-05 hashpoint at 4pm, because Vicky's car wouldn't start. They got there at 5.25pm.
- Nija and Anniepoo discovered Nija's car had been hit when they started out for 2012-08-08 but continued bravely on to the hash point.
- OtherJack's rear derailleur sheared in two on the way to 2013-02-24 47 -122, but very luckily this happened about 500m from a good bike shop, and so he ended up making it.