|Waterloo||Toronto||Lockport, New York|
|Erie, Pennsylvania||Dunkirk, New York||Buffalo, New York|
Today's Location: Toronto, Ontario
The Toronto graticule is at latitude 43, longitude -79. It includes all of Toronto as well as a the surrounding areas. While most of the generated locations are reachable, the problem presented by Lake Ontario still arises occasionally. Citizens of the GTA, including those from the northern Aurora and Newmarket areas have been known to include themselves in this Graticule.
For those of you with Facebook accounts, a group for this graticule has been created here. Please feel free to join and upload any event photos and media there. If you are planning on scheduling any activities, or want to advertise a meet-up for a specific day, feel free to create a related event and invite your friends and members of the Geohash - Toronto group.
Because of the issue presented by Lake Ontario, if a day's graticule ends up being in the lake, a location on the nearest point of land directly west of the generated location will be used as a replacement meeting spot. Unless of course you own a seaplane, or a boat, or really enjoy swimming. In that case, go right ahead, and take photos while you're at it.
It has also been proposed that in this event we use the location in the Waterloo graticule directly west as a replacement. Which alternative is used for a particular day will most likely depend on the location and the number of people attending. Although a joint graticule meeting would be neat, perhaps in the future.
- 2008-05-21 43 -79 -- Farmers field, just south of Hamilton.
- 2008-05-22 43 -79 -- Summitview Public School, Stouffville
- 2008-06-28 43 -79 -- Premier Bazaar Mall at Parliament and St. David: 
- 2008-10-17 43 -79 -- Only 500m from the shore in Hamilton.
- 2008-10-19 43 -79 -- Over 5km into the lake from Thompson park. But it was a nice day...
- 2008-11-05 43 -79 -- Holy cow this is IN the UofT and no one is going?!?
- 2009-01-22 43 -79 -- Just a couple blocks from Yonge & Bloor. Booberfish is going after work.
- 2009-04-26 43 -79 -- Future housing subdivision in Peel Region.
- 2009-05-23 43 -79 -- Not-so-quiet park in Peel.
- 2009-05-24 43 -79 -- Woodsy area, NW of Willowdale.
- 2009-07-22 43 -79 -- On a sidewalk at Alness & Magnetic in Toronto.
- 2009-10-06 43 -79 -- Farmer's field north of Whitby with guard cows.
- 2009-10-31 43 -79 -- Suburbs of Ajax.
- 2009-11-01 43 -79 -- Suburbs of Pickering.
- 2009-11-02 43 -79 -- A little anti-neighbourhood in Toronto.
- 2009-11-15 43 -79 -- In the middle of the road in Lawrence Manor.
- 2009-12-24 43 -79 -- In a parking lot across from a very pretty liquor store at the edge of Summerhill.
- 2010-02-02 43 -79 -- On a deserted country road in the north end of Ajax.
- 2010-02-08 43 -79 -- Along Taunton Rd. in north Pickering.
- 2010-02-17 43 -79 -- In Hamilton, just off Victoria Ave S.
- 2010-03-26 43 -79 -- On a front Lawn in Scarborough.
- 2010-04-02 43 -79 -- By a fence in Pickering west of Frenchman's Bay.
- 2010-04-19 43 -79 -- Near a street sign in Toronto.
- 2010-04-22 43 -79 -- Business parking lot in Pickering.
- 2010-04-26 43 -79 -- In front of a school in The Beach.
- 2010-09-02 43 -79 -- Beside a Pizza Hut at McCowan Rd. and Highway 7 in Markham.
- 2010-09-30 43 -79 -- In a film sound stage, in south Leslieville.
- 2010-10-11 43 -79 -- In an industrial part of Scarborough.
- 2010-10-24 43 -79 -- Near a park path in south Ajax.
- 2010-10-30 43 -79 -- In a commercial building parking lot in north Scarborough.
- 2010-11-22 43 -79 -- In an industrial part of Scarborough.
- 2010-12-09 43 -79 -- On Fisher Crescent, in a suburb of Ajax.
- 2011-03-04 43 -79 -- In Warden Woods (East Toronto) very close to a subway station.
- 2011-05-06 43 -79 -- In a lot on Horner Ave, in Etobicoke.
- 2011-05-08 43 -79 -- At the intersection of Maple Ave. and Plains Rd. E. in Burlington.
- 2011-05-14 43 -79 -- In a driveway on Tyrel Rd, in Burlington.
- 2011-05-15 43 -79 -- A school parking lot in Agincourt.
- 2011-05-28 43 -79 -- In Bluffers Park.
- 2011-07-11 43 -79 -- In a CostCo parking lot, near Downsview Airport.
- 2011-09-27 43 -79 -- The side door to a nameless business/warehouse in Scarborough.
- 2011-09-30 43 -79 -- In a residential neighbourhood of Mississauga.
- 2011-10-01 43 -79 -- A driveway just north-west of Six Points, Toronto.
- 2011-10-12 43 -79 -- Somewhere near Taylor Creek, possibly in a back-yard.
- 2011-12-17 43 -79 -- A field on Lake Ridge Rd in Whitby, Ontario.
- 2012-05-23 43 -79 -- A baseball diamond in Richmond Hill.
- 2012-09-20 43 -79 -- Suburb street in Markham.
- 2013-04-26 Friday -- In a field in Virgil
- 2014-01-15 43 -79 -- In Silver Creek Conservation Arefa
- 2014-04-20 43 -79 -- In a field in North York
- 2014-08-20 43 -79 -- In front of the Lewiston Porter middle/high schools in the US just off the road
- 2015-01-24 43 -79 -- On Adie Pl. in St. Catharines
- 2015-11-04 43 -79 -- Beside Chester station
- 2015-11-29 43 -79 -- Bus stop in the Port Union area in Scarborough
- 2016-02-05 43 -79 -- Grass field on Consumers Rd. in North York
- 2012-10-19 43 -79 -- Retro Hash in front of a Catholic School in Stoufville.
- 2016-11-11 43 -79 -- North East of Magnolia off of York Durham Line.
- 2017-01-08 43 -79 -- South of Hamilton near a factory for a bakery.
- 2017-01-26 43 -79 -- In an undeveloped field near the major intersection of Eglinton Ave. and Tomkin Rd.
- 2009-06-24 43 -79 -- Street corner in affluent neighbourhood.
- 2009-07-11 43 -79 -- A 4 point dash in Toronto and north.
- 2010-04-01 43 -79 -- In scenic Col. Samuel Smith Park.
- 2010-06-26 43 -79 -- 2 separate schoolyards visited as Decihashes.
- 2010-09-10 43 -79 -- A park along the lake. Easy.
- 2010-09-26 43 -79 -- A dark park, at night!
- 2011-10-20 43 -79 -- Driving Multi-Decihash! 3 Points.
- sbear is an active geohasher in Toronto, an admin of the Toronto Geohash facebook group
- Zander no longer resides in this graticule (looking for a new facebook group owner)
- MihaiG will not be attending (due to certain scheduling conflicts with the boss of the house).
- Katrie is usually too lazy!
- Spoonifur will be attending (distance/accessibility/other events depending).
- Srie will be attending (distance/accessibility depending).
- JaX da SmurF will be attending (distance/accessibility depending).
- Sirdwong will be attending (mood/distance depending).
- Curtis Mayhem will be attending (distance/accessibility/other events depending).
- Tao will be attending (distance/accessibility/other events depending).
- Angmar will try to make it to as many cool locations as he can.
- Mfaraday will be attending, weekend/accessibility dependant.
- Urbanpringle can make it if he tries and if it is on the ttc, generally.
- Mady will sometimes be attending (distance/accessibility/other events depending).
- Yehoshua will be there so long as there is local transit...or carpools!
- Pilothaz will be considering some of the locations depending on where they are, and if free time is there.
- Booberfish will attend when he remembers when within biking distance to UofT.
- Splitdipless checks for achievable geohashes from time to time.
- C4bl3Fl4m3 is completely new to Geohashing and splits her time between this graticule and the Washington DC west graticule.
- Lessica is new to Geohashing, but will attend when time and transportation allows.
- HiroProtagonist is studying U of T till April 2011 and will try to attend some geohashes
- MuchJokes will be considering some of the locations depending on where they are, if she has the time, and if she remembers what day it is today.
- srs0 is now at the University of Toronto and will attend geohashes as time permits.
- Elbie is studying at U of T and will see what she can make it out to.
- Prit Cire is visiting from the States and just learned of geohashing.
- Sammi is new to geohashing, and will probably attempt geohashes if they are within Toronto and she doesn't have class.
Non Local Geohashers
- NWoodruff Has a daughter that lives in Stouffville.
- Pedalpusher is from the Buffalo Grat and will be stopping in every once-in-a-while (generally) close to the border.
|User:Splitdipless earned the Virgin Graticule Achievement|