Talk:Southampton, United Kingdom
|Topics on this page which have clearly been handled or resolved can be found in the archives.|
When archiving a section of this Talk page, please say so in the edit summary here.
 Roll Call!
There seem to be quite a few people here, but the posts are all from 2008 and I note that most of you are students and some may have moved away by now. I'm interested in knowing who is still here - feel free to speak up and let me know, as it would be nice to arrange a meetup properly and meet you! --macronencer 13:08, 19 July 2009 (UTC)
- I am here! :) --sermoa 06:27, 29 July 2009 (UTC)
- I have heard from Sinjax and AX recently - they are still keen to come hashing again when time/commitments permit. 04housemat, Mahahahaneapneap and donks169 are active in the weymouth graticule and have expressed an interest in geohashing in our graticule. --sermoa
 Geohashes in reverse chronological order
Dear 126.96.36.199 who has just reversed the order of our successful hashes and ordered us to "keep it this way!" - care to identify yourself? I get from your IP address that you're probably in hampshire so i'm wondering who you are and why you care so much about the order! --sermoa 19:57, 9 August 2009 (UTC)
 Anyone mind if i move stuff around?
I've refrained from touching this page too much as i felt rather like a visitor ... didn't want to intrude on other people's graticules. But now it feels like i am part of a new generation of geohashers. I've geohashed in this graticule 7 times this year and encouraged loads of other people to come along. I've set up a Facebook group and established a twitter tag. I'd now like to completely revamp this page, add lots of pictures from the geohashes and generally make it more inviting. I trust that's okay! -- sermoa 10:16, 4 October 2009 (UTC)
- If you haven't already, I say go for it :-)
 Visiting in June 2012
Hello geohashers in the UK. Mampfred, LadyBB and EmmJay will be hanging round in 50 -1 from 2012-06-12 to 2012-06-19. We'll travel around a bit and have a 9 month old with us but we're up to some hashing if it's reachable and the circumstances are right. Drop me a line or reply here if you're interested in a meetup :) - Mampfred 04:42, 13 April 2012 (EDT)
- Sorry, I've only just seen this. 04housemat, Corwin, Donks169 and I are still around sometimes, but we haven't been very active recently, because we're at university in different places (Canterbury, Surrey, Plymouth and Bristol) for most of the year. I just got back for summer yesterday. Are you still around? Mahahahaneapneap 21:46, 17 June 2012 (EDT)
- Jup, but we're leaving tomorrow morning and the hashes today and tomorrow are nowhere near close enough for us to do. We'll be back though ;) - Mampfred 16:59, 18 June 2012 (EDT)
An excellent idea, although I'm inclined to do it on Google+ (Tho this might get me to sign up for Twitter.) -- Jevanyn 09:51, 11 January 2013 (EST)