Hi all - Thomcat will be in Milwaukee and Schaumburg on business over the next few days. Hoping to geohash. Staying in Milwaukee tonight; today's Schaumburg point doesn't look too shabby. Probably quite a haul from the Chicago based folks. While cold in your area, it looks as though it won't snow until Wednesday. Comments here or on my talk pages. --Thomcat (talk) 09:42, 17 November 2014 (EST)
- I know User:RocketMac used to hash a lot in the Milwaukee metro area, you could email him. If you're actually headed down to the Chicago area later there seem to be more active hashers there. -- OtherJack (talk) 12:55, 17 November 2014 (EST)
- I could do it at some point... would you be headed there too or is this just a suggestion for others? -- OtherJack (talk) 12:06, 31 December 2013 (EST)
- I'm probably not going, but I'll see. -Haberdasher (talk) 13:01, 31 December 2013 (EST)
Nice point in someone's front yard. --Fbfree 14:36, 2 October 2009 (UTC)
There are currently two people who plan to meet at the Saturday location from Milton.
Possibly accessible. Middle of some farm land north west of Route 20 and 72 intersections. I'd say meet on the north end of the point along Melms Road. 42.126648°, -88.547534°
- Anyone making it out on 5-24 in this area? I can make it but can not stick around long, so I want to make sure others are coming if I make the trip. - Shakedown
- Might make it, closer to 4:30-5:00 - Spider
- My cousin and I are coming! We'll be there by 4pm! We actually live in the graticule to the south but this point is much closer to us.- DavidEGrayson
Props to Shakedown
Hey Shakedown, good job making this page. I'm glad you liked the work I did on the Aurora page and made it so similar. I think all the pages should look like that. DavidEGrayson 03:14, 24 May 2008 (UTC)
Anyone interested in meeting up today for the Leap geohash achievement? New geohasher here, might try to make it. The point looks to be in some farmland, just off a country road near McHenry IL, looks accessible. I might try to make it up around ~7-8 pm, if possible. --FireTrophy 11:48, 29 February 2012 (EST)
Elgin or Schaumburg?
There's been a suggestion to move this page to Elgin, Illinois, since the town of Elgin is larger and a bit more central than the current namesake of Schaumburg. Does anybody have an opinion on this? It's not 100% necessary, but the move seems sensible to me. -Haberdasher 12:43, 15 April 2012 (EDT)
- Yeah, I just looked that up - Elgin has 100+k people while Schaumburg has about 75k.zhukant 20:22, 20 February 2013 (EST)