Map Attack?
- Hadn't heard of it prior to your note. Looks interesting, but I think I've got something that conflicts on Saturday. And I don't have an iDevice with iOS 7 on it. Jiml (talk) 01:14, 19 October 2013 (EDT)
Hello Portland! Thomcat will be in your graticule this weekend, although I have an engagement near Tigard on Saturday at 5pm. Here's hoping for a good hashpoint! --Thomcat (talk) 22:04, 11 July 2013 (EDT)
- Maybe we can find an interesting Retro even if there isn't a nearby point. Jiml (talk) 02:29, 12 July 2013 (EDT)
- Hmmm, happy to meet up regardless. Saturday is in a nice spot - if you are a train. Probably no public access. Open to suggestions, and will check the point again Monday before I go. Absolutely sure my son will want to put in some time at Ground Kontrol this weekend. --Thomcat (talk) 09:48, 12 July 2013 (EDT)
- Maybe we can get together in the early afternoon. Send me an note on how to coordinate ourselves. Jiml (talk) 19:24, 13 July 2013 (EDT)
- Hot day, a lot of juggling stops and tempers... and never got to the arcade. Hoping for a good point tomorrow; and hoping to meet up on my next trip south. --Thomcat (talk) 23:56, 14 July 2013 (EDT)
Portland geohashers, Eldin is visiting the Oregon coast the first week of September. I'll be in Portland Saturday, 2013-08-31 and a few hours on the morning of Sunday, 2013-09-01. Then I'll be in the McMinnville graticule (near Tillamook) for the rest of the week. I'll pass through Portland again on Friday, 2013-09-06 (possibly staying over until the following morning, that part of the return trip isn't planned out completely yet). I'm going to try to hit at least a couple of hashpoints this trip, provided the coordinates aren't too terrible. If anyone would like to try for a meetup while I'm in the area, drop me a line. --Eldin (talk) 12:51, 23 August 2013 (EDT)
- Eldin, good luck with our fine assortment of local graticules. I will be on the East Coast for the entire time you are around.Michael5000 (talk) 00:02, 24 August 2013 (EDT)
 We're Quite the Graticule
I believe that, as of today, we've collectively mounted as many Portland graticule Expeditions in 2010 as we did in all of 2009. Throw in all of the McMinnville action and we're a global geohashing hotbed! For what that's worth.... : ) Michael5000 22:45, 30 May 2010 (UTC)
- You and APR deserve a lot of the credit with your activity. It was pretty much just me for much of 2009! Jiml 09:36, 31 May 2010 (UTC)
 Older Question re Aug 17
Wil: Anyone know why August 17th is "notable?"
admalledd: No idea.
Unless someone can say why it needs to stay, I'm going to be deleting that section at some point. Also, I'll probably be cleaning up the Daily Locations section by moving all of the text below each date to the YYYY-MM-DD_45_-122 pages RSN. Wil 23:06, 17 July 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks for the cleanup, Wil. Do you know who has the first geohash in this graticule? --Thomcat 15:11, 21 July 2008 (UTC)
I completed my cleanup of the Portland page yesterday. The only thing I noticed that need help with is contacting Erin, who was at the 2008-05-26 geohash and who promised us pictures but never posted any. Wil 16:37, 26 July 2008 (UTC)
Damn you all in Portland for having an active location. I am the only local to ever visit a Eugene location... It is hard to go when you know you will be the only one there. Grr.
It's a shame that none of the recent (and not-so-recent) expeditions have been written up so that the rest of us can enjoy reading about them. (Or did nobody actually go? Several people are listed as expressing interest.) Can I please encourage you all to write something -- anything! -- about your expeditions? Thanks. -- Benjw 17:59, 15 May 2009 (UTC)
- I second Benjw's request. Make quickie expedition pages showing whether or not you reached the coordinates, just so that we an count you in the global statistics. -Robyn 17:17, 20 May 2009 (UTC)