Criticise away ...
- Support as I proposed it! This is certainly version one and it will need to be tweaked. I lifted the icon from OSM. Perhaps it could link to OSM in the finished ribbon. -- Sourcerer 16:49, 4 July 2011 (EDT)
- Support. What I really like about it, is the fact that it can be gotten without a 'successful' expedition. I think there should be more ribbons like that. Too often I see a hashpoint that looks nice, but then I decide not to go just because it's on privately owned landed and probably unreachable. Going would mean I can just add a report to my list of failed expeditions and that's not very fun. Just *going* on an expedition should be promoted, the achievements are really too much pointed at reaching the exact hash point. Getting close would be nice too, if I could claim some kind of reward for that. Just my thoughts. Not even sure if this is the right place to put them. CO2 17:11, 4 July 2011 (EDT)
- Support. Especially those of us in more remote graticules can find themselves in very rarely traveled parts of the world. I think this is a great way to encourage geohashers to keep their eyes open and help us learn about what's out there! Jack1254 21:23, 27 September 2011 (EDT)
- Support --Crox 13:58, 28 September 2011 (EDT)
- Support. It's a great idea to aggrandize public knowledge via geohashing - it might even be a good excuse if someboby wonders "what the hell are you doing out here?". I also like that it's a nice consolation ribbon if you don't reach the coordinates. --ilpadre 00:59, 29 September 2011 (EDT)
Ready for prime time?
It seems this has met the requirements for a proposal. I've edited the page to better resemble an achievement page as opposed to a proposal. I've also created a new ribbon based on the example one. Unless there are any objections, I think this should be moved to OpenStreetMap Achievement when the proposal template is removed. Thoughts? --Jack1254 10:54, 1 October 2011 (EDT)
Moved to "New Achievements" --Jack1254 15:42, 3 October 2011 (EDT)
Nice one! If more people link geohashing with OSM authoring it will benefit both communities. Also the hashpoints frequently occur in out-of-the-way places so less commonly visited places should get mapped. Sourcerer 02:07, 9 October 2011 (EDT)
I just removed one blank line from the template to make it lay out the same as all the other templates. Sourcerer 07:44, 21 May 2012 (EDT)