Talk:2010-05-22 49 -123
 Participant Regrets
- srs0 is hoping to be able to join in, but doesn't know his plans for sure yet.
- Unfortunately, srs0 won't be able to make it. He just got home from the festivities for geohashing day, and his attending mouseover day was dependent upon him finishing his course assignment that he has to complete by Saturday afternoon. He was intending to upon arriving home, but is now far too tired to do so, as he would have to get up in less than 3.5 hours from now to make the UBC meetup time tomorrow. The assignment may very well take the full 3.5 hours, and therefore srs0 regrets to say it, but he won't be able to make the mouseover day celebrations. He apologizes profusely and wishes all the others the best! -Srs0 09:22, 22 May 2010 (UTC)
 Original Plans
Ferry to Gibsons, drive to Sechelt, a motley collection of watercraft out to the point, party on the beach. We will have been out a bit late at the Geohashing Day expedition so lets aim for the 9:20 ferry instead of the 7:20.
Ferry schedule for Saturday is 7:20AM, 9:20, 11:20, etc: every 2 hours on the odd 20's departing Horseshoe Bay. Returning is every 2 hours on the even 20's, last sailing from Langdale at 8:20PM.
For those who don't have watercraft, there is at least one kayak rental shop a couple of blocks from the water (which bodes well for launching).
- I called and they are in Sechelt Inlet (different body of water), along with a couple other shops. They said there's no rentals in Trail Bay and added that the water there can be rough this time of year. Juventas 23:28, 21 May 2010 (UTC)
 Vehicle #1 (Rhonda)
Preferred pick up is at either Lonsdale Quay seabus terminal or Park Royal bus exchange area. Can also do Phibbs Exchange (north end of 2nd Narrows Bridge). Suggested pickup 8AM to get to ferries close to the same time as Robyn's 7:30AM UBC departure.
- room for more
- the boats that don't fit in Robyn's car
 Vehicle #2 (Robyn)
Car is now full. Suggested pick up 7:30 am at corner of Marine Dr & Agronomy Rd. You may have to have equipment on your lap and feet until we reach the ferry and can distribute people or equipment to Rhonda'a larger car.
- srs0 (No longer able to make it) -Srs0 09:22, 22 May 2010 (UTC)
 Vehicle #3
Coming from Langley area.
- possibly a drag-along
 Post-expedition praise
You people are all so awesome! I am dead envious of not having done anything near as good this year. -- relet 13:25, 24 May 2010 (UTC)