I'm so pleased people are going!
Have fun everybody! i can't wait to see photos! :D -- sermoa 17:14, 12 January 2010 (UTC)
I'm so pleased people have gone!
Woo! Congratulations! I like the street view duplicate best. And all the best to your father.
Looking forward to hear LuxMundi's part of the story, too. -- relet 16:01, 13 January 2010 (UTC)
- LuxMundi, your award is awesome! I'm so happy that you met the locals, and explained the silliness to them! -- relet 17:13, 13 January 2010 (UTC)
Amazing!! It's excellent that people made such a fantastic effort to get here. A mighty big CONGRATULATIONS for the Globalhash achievers!! Oh and LuxMundi, your certificate is perfect, and such a lovely thought to award the residents with this most astounding couch potato award! :D :D -- sermoa 18:26, 13 January 2010 (UTC)
Oh my gosh, a virgin geohash too!
NWoodruff, how amazing that the local geohash was so close to the globalhash! that is a phenomenally lucky coincidence! Congratulations on your very successful day! What was that about you forgetting your camera? Were you just winding us up? :) -- sermoa 18:30, 13 January 2010 (UTC)
- I wanted to upload the pictures as soon as I got home, but I knew that I needed to make it to the hospital as soon as I could. I was contemplating whether(correct usage) or not I wanted to share the condition of my step-father.
- I wanted to let people know that I made it to the Global hash but didn't want to leave a long drawn out story of why I was not uploading photos. So for the time being, I just said that I forgot my camera. So, in a way, Yes, I was just winding you guys up, since several people had noted that they wanted to see the pictures.
- I had forgotten my camera a time or two in the past or even forgotten the memory stick. But, even if I had forgotten my camera this time(highly doubtful), I would have found some Wal-Mart somewhere and purchased a disposable one.
- I also wanted to see if anyone would have sent me some hatemail for being forgetfull or stupid on such an important task. It didn't happen though. I know everyone loves me(highly doubtful).
- Oh gosh. I totally forgot to send you some hatemail. Sorry about that. -- relet 18:56, 13 January 2010 (UTC)
- I can't imagine it would occur to anyone to send you hate mail if you had forgotten your camera. Commiseration mail, maybe! -- sermoa 20:45, 13 January 2010 (UTC)
Congrats to everyone who went. As the one who created the award, it's wonderful to see people actually claim it. Don't worry, NWoodruff, we believe you. It could be in the middle of a lake and you would have went for a swim, I'm sure, given how close it was. :D - 21:06, 13 January 2010 (UTC)
Hi all, just wanted to add my congratulations too! This is wonderful news. I've dreamed of getting a globalhash locally for ages, but they are usually about 13000 km away... so thrilled to know that it finally happened to someone! Nice award too. :) --macronencer 22:42, 13 January 2010 (UTC)
Global Geohash award
I also had a Global Geohash award to present. I'm not as talented as LuxMundi is at creating official looking documents. Mine was drawn in Crayon and sidewalk chalk. It looked like the drawings that you would do in Kindergarten and your mum would post on the refrigerator.
It is probably good thing that the residents were not home when I showed up to give it to them.
- Heh. Although I think that getting several presents from strangers knocking on your door would make for even more awkward fun. :D -- relet 20:18, 13 January 2010 (UTC)
- No, the best part would have been the family greeting LuxMundi with "Are you from the Internet?"... --Crox 19:41, 14 January 2010 (UTC)
"a librarian of some stature"
You mean he's tall? :-) --starbird 23:12, 13 January 2010 (UTC)
- I was going for the Webster #2 definition.--LuxMundi 23:55, 13 January 2010 (UTC)
HUGE congratulations from Australia!
I idly checked the 2010-01-12 location when logging in to figure out the local geohash for the 13th Jan, and was hoping beyond all hope that someone would make it out to the site - it looked so easy and close by on the map (in comparison with the ones in the middle of the Pacific Ocean or on a peninsula in Alaska or 250km out of Brisbane on a dusty road in the desert)!
Huge congrats to NWoodRuff for such dedication in getting there, another one off your list huh?
And also to LuxMundi for completing the achievement AND doing the whole ambassador thing.
Very impressed all round, everyone! Kozz 04:39, 14 January 2010 (UTC)
And from Sweden
Congratulations to everyone involved! --The ru 11:03, 14 January 2010 (UTC)
And from Canada
Congrats on the globalhash to everyone involved! Nice job! -Srs0 19:20, 14 January 2010 (UTC)
And From Knoxville, TN
Conga Rats! I'm turning green over here! -- Bdaughe5 20:04, 24 January 2010 (UTC)