Speed racer achievement
The Speed Racer Achievement is available only when the geohash falls on a drivable road. The achievement can be claimed when you drive through the geohash at the maximum (legal) speed on the correct day. Satisfactory proof will probably consist of a photo of yourself near the location, preferably with your vehicle. Note that taking pictures while driving is dangerous and not recommended, so it helps to bring a friend.
Add a ribbon to your user or geohash visit page to show what you have achieved! Use this ribbon template to claim a ribbon like the one below.
| This user earned the Speed racer achievement
The following Geohashers claim to have won this award and to have supplied proof.
- Stretch, with proof here.
- Loch, with proof here with about a dozen others including Geekthras.
- sparkyb, for the 06/07/2008 Boston meetup. proof of location and time and proof of coordinates and speed.
- Middlerun, with blurry proof here.
- Zubenelgenubi, on a bicycle, though evidence is sketchy.
- Thomcat twice, with proof here and here.
- Bishop Wash, with proof here.
- NCBears, with proof here and here.
- Woodveil, with proof here
- David Souther, with proof here.
- Nathan, with proof here.
- Crazycaveman proving himself worthy
- Ekorren passing through 2009-06-07 48 9 on a local train, with proof on the expedition page; and through 2009-08-02 48 9 by bike, with proof by GPS.
- Reinhard passing through 2009-06-30 50 11 on a German motorway at 130 km/h.
- Bcasavan with proof here.
- GarafaJon, with proof here.
- Macronencer and sermoa at 2009-09-29 51 -1, with proof here.
- davidc, separately but also at 2009-09-29 51 -1 with video proof here.
- Art with proof here.
- Llavids with proof here.
- Pne with proof here.
- Mathmusic with proof here
- Isopekka with proof here.
- Kbh3rd, with proof here.
- 1PE with proof here
- MellyCopter with proof here
- Benglish with proof here
- RocketMac with proof here
- Steingesicht with proof here
- EleanorAbernathy and LeslieHapablap with proof here
- Buttercup passing through a Rochester, IN road at 35 MPH
- WalkerBR went through at 25mph. Proof here.
- JwB @100km/h. Proof here.
- Jacob, here but no proof, and also not at 4 PM. :-)
- Bill, also here and also no proof, but at 4PM. ;-)
- Geekthras, here, with about a dozen others.
- Matt, at the same hash but separate from the group.
- Alex and Chris, here, but mention must be made that the street had no posted speed limit signs on the way to or from the hash.
- Yvh11a ran over a q-tip while achieving this award
- Jevanyn was on his way to a birthday party, so he couldn't stop for the geohash on 2008-12-06.
- Anthony wasn't driving as fast as the speed limit here, because it's awfully hard to get up to 50mph that close to the corner.
- Dtobias doesn't suppose the blurry and poorly-lit pictures here are sufficient proof. For another instance, how about this?
- DJHobby, Erik, and Kira all failed to get proof, but you can trust us!
- Sara and her husband did it here but didn't get good pictures.
- Anthony passed through 2010-11-03 37 -122, and posted the KML file, but didn't get a picture.
- Rincewind thinks the tracklogs are just a waste of time and proof is overrated, because nobody but yourself is interested in your achievements anyway, so you'd be mainly cheating yourself. He raced through 2011-02-12 50 8 because it was too easy not to.
- Dtobias was by himself at 2013-08-15 26 -80 and didn't do anything so reckless as try to take pictures while driving.