|San Francisco||San Jose||Merced|
|35,-122||Cambria||San Luis Obispo|
Today's Location: [Salinas, CA]
The Salinas, California graticule is at latitude 36, longitude -121. It includes the cities of Salinas, Monterey, Carmel, Watsonville and Hollister. It also encompasses the Big Sur region along Highway 1, and most of Los Padres National Forest.
At the risk of oversimplifying things, most of the landscape in this graticule is farmland: large commercial farms. US Highway 101 (which is mostly faithful to the El Camino Real) runs through the graticule, while California Highway 1 follows the coast.
Historic map of geohash sites for 36,-121 (Salinas.)
- 2008-05-26 - in the city of Salinas, corner of Fern and Alisal (just north of the airport and golf course)
- 2011-10-02: Anniepoo fails to reach the coordinates due to an exploding tire.
- 2010-07-17: Quertior successfully reached a hashpoint in a farm near Chualar, earning (he thinks) the Virgin Graticule achievement.
|Quertior earned the Virgin Graticule Achievement|
- adambb - Located in Santa Clara, usually only make it as far south as Monterey
- Quertior - I actually live in Santa Cruz, but my house is just outside of the Santa Cruz graticule. So here I am. This graticule has more land anyway.
- Montoki - Located in Monterey, up for meetups.
- Spaceboy - Located in Aptos