|San Francisco||San Jose||Merced|
Today's location: not yet announced
The Sacramento, California graticule is located at latitude 38, longitude -121. This is a pretty well situated graticule as it contains all of Sacramento county, most of Yolo and Solano counties, some of Sutter, Placer, Contra Costa, and San Joaquin counties, and a few tiny bits of surrounding counties. Lots of flat farmland in the middle, which isn't that interesting, but there are some cool forests, hills and river areas around the edges if we get lucky.
- 2008-05-24 38 -121 -- Geohash point was on private land, but a big television tower was found nearby.
- 2008-05-28 38 -121 -- Geohash point was in a back yard in Orangvale - Key did a driveby, decided not to take a picture of the grumpy-looking homeowner in front yard.
- 2008-05-31 38 -121 -- Geohash was in a field, across from a subdivision outside Stockton. Not much there.
- 2008-06-02 38 -121 -- User:Kelsa was there, but forgot to mention it here.
- 2008-06-07 38 -121 -- Geohash was off of CA-16. Looks to be on a farm of some type.
- 2008-06-14 38 -121 -- Geohash is up towards Rocklin.
- 2008-06-21 38 -121 -- Geohash was up towards Yuba City, down Wilson Road off of Highway 99 in the middle of some orchards.
- 2008-06-22 38 -121 -- Geohash was in a business park in Roseville, ClintonOddfellow, Kelsa, dshigure and a few others attended, Mallin took pictures
- 2008-06-28 38 -121 -- Geohash is off Madison and I-80, right next to Scandia Family Fun Center. - Nak and one other made it at 4:30. Kelsa and dshigure made the hash late, about 7:00.
- 2008-07-04 38 -121 -- Its a holiday and the weather is great. What better way to celebrate our county's birth then a picnic at the geohash site. Prolly between noon and one. It is in a field south of Davis.
- 2008-07-12 38 -121 -- Geohash is on 50W just before the Sunrise Blvd exit. Looks like it's in the second lane from the right.
- 2008-07-31 38 -121 -- Geohash is in a neighborhood looks like in an empty lot just off the street. For shits and giggles lets hit it up tonight (7:30 or 8:00)
- 2008-08-12 38 -121 -- Geohash is near a residential area near Elk Grove, CA. It is just beyond a street hear a railroad. Looks like fun. Who wants to go this evening? (1930-2030 or so?) Mark up the page http://bit.ly/1TMg8h
- 2008-09-01 38 -121 -- Geohash is just outside a business plaza campus near Folsom. The last geohash that landed in an empty business park was fun. This time, there will be board games. Meet will be at 4:00 PM unless someone thinks of a better time.
- 2008-10-02 38 -121 -- Geohash was in the Roseville HP parking lot. ClintonOddfellow and dshigure went and met up with a couple of friends, who were first-time hashers. Geohash was in Andy's usual parking space at HP.
- 2009-04-26 38 -121 -- Geohash will be in farmland West of 113 and North of Davis, just off a road. Analocutor will probably bike out there in the late afternoon.
- 2012-05-16 38 -121 -- Chandru nearly reaches a hash point.
- 2012-06-11 38 -121 -- First successful geohash in more than 3 years! It was in a field just east of 113 and south of CR 25 (take CR 100A until it ends then continue down).
- 2012-07-26 38 -121 -- I can't go today, but this is a nice easy one for Davisites! Right across the street from the Alice Street Palace!
- 2012-09-25 38 -121 -- Chandru successfully reached a hash in an orchard on Tremont Road, in Dixon.
- 2012-09-29 38 -121 -- Anderson Road between Catalina Drive and F Street, North Davis. Chandru walked to the coordinates.
- 2012-11-16 38 -121 -- This one's on a farm but close to a cool weather radar. Thwarted: too rainy, did not go.
- 2012-11-27 38 -121 -- residential area in midtown - I'll try to go. (It's my first time.)
- 2013-01-15 38 -121 -- Chandru and a friend try to reach a hash at an abandoned university. But there is a barbed wire fence.
- 2013-02-23 38 -121 -- Strawberry stand in Lincoln, CA. I got as close as I could, within .00001 degrees, but the exact hashpoint was on the other side of a fence, on private property, with dogs and horses, in shotgun country. I did not proceed past the fence. -Lucky91xj
- 2013-04-21 38 -121 -- Succeeded! Nice, quiet green corner in the city. -Lucky91xj
- 2013-05-14 38 -121 -- Lucky91xj and husband got within 500 ft, but no trespassing.
- 2014-02-12 38 -121 -- Attempted first expedition of 2014 here, but couldn't convince a homeowner to let me head back to the hash. Got within a few dozen feet.
- 2015-06-12 38 -121 -- Across the street from the North Sacramento Kaiser hospital
- 2016-07-06 38 -121 -- Retrohash from yesterday, in a gravel road between Davis and Woodland
- 2016-07-10 38 -121 -- On Route 35 near a solar farm south of Davis
- 2016-08-21 38 -121 -- In a sunflower field south of Davis
BTW is anyone here still geohashing? Hit me up we should do something together! It's a lot of fun and great exercise. I find this better than running around in circles at the ARC.
Hey, should we start an email list or something? Most of our geohash locations are shitty amounts of out of the way. It might be good to be able to email the rest of us when there's one in a good location. It's kindof hard to run into people on random Saturdays without some kind of organization. Any thoughts? -Nak
- 2009-09-26 -- Not sure if I'll be free, but if I am I might drive out since it's by Woodland again. -Nak
- 2009-09-19 -- It's not far out by Woodland. I'm going to try to go tomorrow -Nak
- 2008-09-26 -- Geohash is next to the Westfield downtown. It's a friday night, but in a neat location.
- 2012-08-02 -- Geohash is smack in the middle of the taxiway at Sacramento Executive Airport.
|ERTBen earned the Virgin Graticule Achievement|