Raleigh, North Carolina
|Florence, South Carolina||Elizabethtown||Wilmington|
Today's location: not yet announced
The Raleigh graticule is at latitude 35, longitude -78 and included most of the counties of Wake, Johnston, Franklin, Nash, Durham, and Cumberland counties.
2008-08-16: Modexec is in Chapel Hill, and the meet-up location for the Raleigh graticule is a little too far east and way too far south. The location for the Greensboro, North Carolina graticule is actually in a nice little park between Mebane and Burlington. Any takers?
2008-06-28: WokTiny was there-ish about 4:20pm. [Borrowed Magellan] got me within a few hundred feet, I ran ahead to get closer without it, found a creekbed, bottle. Took more pictures, maybe available later.
2008-06-10: The location for today's meet is a little far to the east, but the neighboring graticule (Chapel Hill) is doable! Meet there at 4:30, bring games, food, and whatever strikes your fancy. Red spiders optional. (Caroline and her friend are going!)
- Alison lives in Raleigh and is up for any NC graticule meet up.
- April is in Durham, will probably only go on saturdays since she has to work till 5 weekdays. Since Durham is in 4 zones, whichever one is closest will win :P
- Avarice still doesn't understand wiki, but thinks that geohashing could be fun
- Ben thinks we might also want to take into consideration the other three graticules that fall close to Chapel Hill, Durham and Hillsborough, especially when the point falls in the east or south. (He is perhaps biased due to starting from Hillsborough.)
- Caroline will be geohashing at the beginning of summer.
- Chad is in Chapel Hill, and will keep an eye out for options in the surrounding graticules.
- Chaz might show up. Maybe.
- Chris is gonna try this on his off weekends from work.
- Dave Drowsy lives in Raleigh and thinks this idea rules! Will try to go to as many of these as possible.
- Dustin lives in Raleigh and is down, just let him know. (contact info in profile)
- Emmaus will be back in Raleigh in the fall.
- Greg and his family have relatives in Wilmington, so they're in the area about once a year.
- James lives in Cary during the summer, and will attempt to make it to every meeting that he can. The Chapel Hill Graticule is also a possibility, especially during the school year.
- Jeremy will attend meet ups this summer provided that he is A) in town, and B)the meet up is reasonably close to town.
- Jeremy (the other one) is in Durham this summer, and would love to participate, unless the Durham Graticool starts up...
- Jonathan is a student at NC State University and excited to participate and thinks we should have more meet ups.
- Jonathan lives in Chapel Hill, and will switch to the Chapel Hill graticule if it looks closer.
- Joby Lives in Hillsborough, but will try to go to this one for the moment. He is hoping the market does well so he doesn't have to drive very far.
- Jordan thinks we should try to get a spontaneous meet up going the next Saturday that the point is somewhere near Raleigh
- Kate is in Durham, and fully willing to participate.
- Laura is in Pinehurst/Chapel Hill. Might make it if she finds a car?
- Matt would be up for it if the spot is in North Raleigh (or the southern part of the Henderson Graticule)
- Matthew lives in West Raleigh!
- Mary might geohash this summer. She thinks it's terribly clever.
- Morgan thinks this is very exciting, and will go next time it's close to Chapel Hill.
- NCBears Eisen and Bear
- Nick is living in Apex and plans to Geo-hash whenever he can.
- Thalia lives in the boonies of Bynum and thinks all of the four around Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill should be pursued. Especially into Chatham.
- Tyler lives in Raleigh and may defect to another graticule if it's closer.
- WokTiny did it once.
- Noah might show up. he has to get his parents to approve though. He lives in downtown Raleigh.