Norwich, United Kingdom Statistics
From Geo Hashing
The graph below shows the probabilities of ...
- Red, Violet, Blue or Green: Getting a certain number of land hashpoints in a 28, 29, 30 or 31 day month.
- Orange: Getting an unbroken sequence of consecutive land hashpoints in the Norwich graticule.
- Black: Getting an unbroken sequence of consecutive sea hashpoints in the Norwich graticule.
This graph assumes the land area is 0.57 or 57%.
- Depending on the number of days in the month, there is a probability of less than 1 in 1000 of getting fewer than 8 land hashpoints or more than 26.
Consecutive Hashpoints in Norwich
- The probability of four consecutive land hashpoints is about 1:10.
- Getting more than eight consecutive land hashpoints, you are down below 1:100.
Line of Luck
Below the line, bad luck and above the line, good.
Gambling, Luck and Toast
- When gambling, you get an early win which fools you into losing all your money.
- Toast falls messy side down.
- Scientists attempting to prove that toast falls messy side down will fail.
- Once I dropped a treacle tin lid. Rule 2 predicted it should fall messy side down. The lid fell, bounced and then spun like a coin settling with the messy side up. Once the spinning stopped, with perfect comedy timing, some elastic energy in the metal lid was released with a loud ping, neatly flipping it through 180 degrees, treacle side down. Sometimes the laws of nature mess with your head! And of course I was not filming it.
- If you are attempting to beat a geohashing record, as you get closer to success, reachable points become rarer than pure chance predicts.
- One day quantum inconvenience will be discovered but of course the hypothesis predicts ... see 3 above.
This CALCULATOR was used to generate the statistics above.