Last man standing achievement
Take this achievement if you are the only geohasher to report a visit on any given date. This is to encourage people to visit hashes on those busy days where no one seems to have time to go. And everyone loves a good story!
Note that this is not an award for being the only one to turn up at a given set of coordinates. No, it's for being the only one in the whole world to report a geohash on a given date. Including the Australians, who are always geohashing. Upside-down, even. It's amazing.
- a) reach your coordinates, and
- b) be the only one to report on an expedition for that date.
If others mounted expeditions that failed, you are not the last man. You have to be alone in the world geohashing and succeed in your quest. If others reach the same hash point (with or without you), you fail.
 How to Find Out
Don't worry, you don't have to scour the entire wiki to find out how many people attempted geohashes on the day of your expedition. Start by going to the page called Category:Meetup on YYYY-MM-DD (except with numbers instead of letters for the YYYY-MM-DD part). You can get there by clicking the link at the bottom of your wiki-published expedition report (the category will be generated automatically if you use the (highly recommended) graticule template, or you can type in the search box, the whole thing including the word Category and the colon. Then look at the list of expeditions. For example Category:Meetup on 2008-07-18 yields five expedition reports and 24 pictures. So no one earned this achievement on that day.
You might want to wait for a week or two until the reports come in, before declaring yourself a winner.
Also, it can always happen that a ninja expedition or poorly categorized page turns up later, invalidating your achievement.
| This user earned the Last Template Page standing achievement
- Thomcat at 2008-09-24 47 -122
- Relet at 2008-11-14 -53 -70
- Ekorren at 2008-11-18 48 9
- Danatar at 2008-12-08 49 9
- ilpadre at 2008-12-10 49 8
- NWoodruff at 2009-10-08 33 -84
- NWoodruff at 2009-12-09 33 -84
- Muffin at 2010-02-24 48 -123
- Dvdllr at 2010-03-01 40 -89
- Reinhard at 2010-03-16 50 11
- NCommander at 2010-05-20 41 -73
- NWoodruff at 2010-06-17 33 -84
- Sourcerer at 2010-09-20 52 1
- Mampfred at 2010-10-18 50 10
- Llavids at 2011-04-13
- Llavids at 2011-04-14
- TheOneRing at 2011-06-15
- Steingesicht at 2011-07-08
- ilpadre at 2011-07-14 49 8
- RocketMac at 2011-10-13
- Sourcerer at 2012-10-03 52 1
- TheOneRing at 2012-11-03
- GeorgDerReisende at 2013-08-14 53 10
- some other, see below and list yourself.
More possible dates, on which probably only one person went hashing and this person reached the coordinates, found by inspection (from the beginning through 2009-08-31). Although this list probably is complete, it's not guaranteed to be.
Be careful about adding a candidate date in the first week after the expedition, since many geohashers need some days before they add their reports. Always be sure to check again before claiming the achievement, and remember to remove the date from the list.
- Category:Meetup on 2008-07-14 (Robyn)
- Category:Meetup on 2008-08-24 (Robyn)
- Category:Meetup on 2008-09-03 (Brettdaniel)
- Category:Meetup on 2008-09-08 (Khadgar)
- Category:Meetup on 2008-09-14 (Juventas)
- Category:Meetup on 2008-11-05 (Thomcat)
- Category:Meetup on 2008-11-14 (Relet)
- Category:Meetup on 2008-12-05 (Mattyk)
- Category:Meetup on 2008-12-11 (Thepiguy)
- Category:Meetup on 2008-12-19 (Robyn)
- Category:Meetup on 2008-12-21 (Thepiguy)
- Category:Meetup on 2008-12-22 (Applesandvodka)
- Category:Meetup on 2009-01-13 (Thomcat)
- Category:Meetup on 2009-03-31 (arvid)
- Category:Meetup on 2009-04-01 (Gigahz83)
- Category:Meetup on 2009-11-09 (Hanpet)
- Category:Meetup on 2009-11-17 (Macronencer)
- Category:Meetup on 2009-11-26 (user:thepiguy)
- Category:Meetup on 2010-01-17 (user:Rwh)
- Category:Meetup on 2010-02-26 (user:beanmj)
- Category:Meetup on 2010-12-09 (Splitdipless)