Last man standing achievement
Take this achievement if you are the only geohasher to report a visit on any given date. This is to encourage people to visit hashes on those busy days where no one seems to have time to go. And everyone loves a good story!
Note that this is not an award for being the only one to turn up at a given set of coordinates. No, it's for being the only one in the whole world to report a geohash on a given date. Including the Australians, who are always geohashing. Upside-down, even. It's amazing.
- a) reach your coordinates, and
- b) be the only one to report on an expedition for that date.
If others mounted expeditions that failed, you are not the last man. You have to be alone in the world geohashing and succeed in your quest. If others reach the same hash point (with or without you), you fail.
 How to Find Out
Don't worry, you don't have to scour the entire wiki to find out how many people attempted geohashes on the day of your expedition. Start by going to the page called Category:Meetup on YYYY-MM-DD (except with numbers instead of letters for the YYYY-MM-DD part). You can get there by clicking the link at the bottom of your wiki-published expedition report (the category will be generated automatically if you use the (highly recommended) graticule template, or you can type in the search box, the whole thing including the word Category and the colon. Then look at the list of expeditions. For example Category:Meetup on 2008-07-18 yields five expedition reports and 24 pictures. So no one earned this achievement on that day.
You might want to wait for a week or two until the reports come in, before declaring yourself a winner.
Also, it can always happen that a ninja expedition or poorly categorized page turns up later, invalidating your achievement.
| This user earned the Last Template Page standing achievement
- Robyn on 2008-07-14, 2008-08-24, 2008-12-19
- Brett on 2008-09-03
- Relet on 2008-11-14
- Ekorren on 2008-11-18, 2010-06-29, 2011-06-02, 2011-07-25, 2011-10-26
- Matty on 2008-12-05
- Danatar on 2008-12-08, 2011-01-11, 2011-09-07
- ilpadre on 2008-12-10, 2011-07-14
- thepiguy on 2008-12-11, 2008-12-21, 2009-11-26
- Applesandvodka on 2008-12-22
- Thomcat on 2009-01-13
- arvid on 2009-03-31
- Nathan on 2009-04-01
- NWoodruff on 2009-10-08, 2009-12-09, 2010-06-17, 2010-10-14, 2010-12-17, 2010-12-22, 2011-05-16
- Macronencer on 2009-11-17
- Rwh on 2010-01-17
- Muffin on 2010-02-24
- beanmj on 2010-02-26
- Dvdllr on 2010-03-01, 2011-04-11
- Reinhard on 2010-03-16, 2011-06-27
- NCommander on 2010-05-20
- Nn2s2u on 2010-06-03
- Greenslime on 2010-06-24
- Benjw on 2010-07-19
- Sourcerer on 2010-09-20
- Felix Dance on 2010-09-23
- Mampfred on 2010-10-18
- Splitdipless on 2010-12-09
- Traveller on 2011-01-24
- Fivetonsofflax on 2011-04-07
- Llavids on 2011-04-13
- Mr. Pi on 2011-06-08
- TheOneRing on 2011-06-15, 2012-11-03
- Steingesicht on 2011-07-08
- RocketMac on 2011-10-13, 2011-11-29
- Jack1254 on 2011-11-11
- Suurnesu on 2011-11-18
- Sourcerer on 2012-10-03
- Hic Sunt Laganum on 2012-10-10
- GeorgDerReisende on 2013-08-14, 2014-05-07
- ModernMagi on 2014-01-10
- Calamus on 2014-01-14
- Juja on 2014-04-04
- patrizius on 2014-08-16
- Q-Owl on 2014-11-15
- DODO on 2014-12-10
- some other, see below and list yourself.
More possible dates, on which probably only one person went hashing and this person reached the coordinates, found by inspection (from the beginning through 2011-12-31). Although this list probably is complete, it's not guaranteed to be.
Be careful about adding a candidate date in the first week after the expedition, since many geohashers need some days before they add their reports. Always be sure to check again before claiming the achievement, and remember to remove the date from the list.
- Archiewood on 2010-09-21 (story without pictures)
- QuarterCacher on 2011-08-11 (claim only, without story or pictures), 2011-10-24 (claim only, without story or pictures)
- Starbird on 2011-12-01 (claim only, without story or pictures)
- Michael5000 on 2011-12-07 (no sufficient proof, but story is convincing)