Las Vegas, Nevada
|Baker, California||Wheaton Springs, California||Bullhead City, Arizona|
Today's location: not yet announced
The 36,-115 graticule contains Las Vegas and lots of the Mohave Desert. Approximately one-fourth of it is taken up by the Nellis Air Force Base bombing range, which is based out of North Las Vegas, NV.
Although almost all of Las Vegas lies in this graticule, the Las Vegas Metropolitan Area encompasses parts of the Mesquite (36,-114), Wheaton Springs (35,-115), and Bullhead City (35,-114) graticules. Since the surrounding area is so sparsely populated and relatively inaccessible, this page should probably serve as the central meetup page for these graticules (except maybe if you live in or near Kingman).
 Local Geohashers
- Neil would like to go, but many times it's restricted.
- weltfunk technically lives here.
- GaidinBDJ lives here.
- DavidEGrayson lives here. Might be interested in locations that do not involve miles of hiking through the desert.
- Dune lives here and frequently tracks raptors in the desert.
 Upcoming Meetups
2009-11-21 36 -114 - The hashpoint lies just off the road into the Lake Mead NRA
 Past Geohashes in this Graticule
- 2009-06-23 36 -115 - weltfunk finds a hashpoint in someone's living room in NW Las Vegas
- 2012-07-16 36 -115 - RocketMac visits a pub off strip South of the airport
- 2014-03-10 36 -115 - Dune attempted to access an indian reservation.
 Past Geohashes in LV Metro
The desert is hot! Make sure to bring plenty of water along for those remote geohashes. Bring a friend if you can, but leave a trip plan with a friend if you are headed into the open desert. If you don't come back on time they will at least know exactly where you're headed!
Read up on the flora and fauna of the varied regions you are likely to encounter. This part of the country is home to many wild animals, reptiles, and insects whose homes are being threatened by ridiculously fast expansion, which could make them behave much differently than they would normally in the wild (and not in a "put on silly hats and dance around for your enjoyment" sort of way). Mountain lions and Velociraptors have been known to attack without warning when put in situations like this. Didn't you see Jurassic Park?
 External Links
- Official Geohashing Coordinate Calculator - compute today's geohashed coordinates (available only after 10:30am Central).
- Official Atom feed for 36,-115
- Wikipedia: LV Strip
- Wikipedia:The LV Sign
|RocketMac earned the Virgin Graticule Achievement|