|Tel-Aviv (Goosh Dan)||Haifa East||Az Zarqā', Jordan|
|Mitzpe Ramon||Aţ Ţafīlah, Jordan||Al Jafr, Jordan|
Today's Location: [Jerusalem, Israel]
The graticule (31,35) contains Jerusalem, much of the southern West Bank, the Dead Sea, and some of Jordan (including the capital, Amman).
Due to the political situation in the Middle East, it may be difficult to travel between these areas to reach geohashes. Therefore, neighbouring graticules or the alternative Israel graticule could be a good fallback option, if their hash locations are more reachable.
On the other hand, the inclusion of the Dead Sea (being the lowest point on Earth) in this graticule makes it the ideal one in which to get the Low Geohash achievement.
Boating on the Dead Sea
It will be important for geohashers to try and figure out how to take a boat on the Dead Sea. This is a serious challenge for several reasons. In practice it is not done. It is a military area because it is on the border between Israel and Jordan. The area is considered dangerous because of sink-holes. Nonetheless, there is a point in the Dead Sea on average at least once a month which would be a major success.
- July 28th 2008 - Alternative location cheat. Um, yay?
- December 29th 2013 - Omri and Lilac walk from Motsa to Beit Zait, arriving the the garticule's first successful hash.
- July 10th 2017 - Yosef was blocked from entering a construction site next to Beitar Ilit
- July 25th 2017 - Yosef was in a forest near Nebi Samuel, West Bank, Israel.
- July 27th 2017 - Yosef and his wife were in a forest on Har HaRuach near Nataf, Israel
- September 14th 2017 - Yosef arrived at a low point of -337 meters near Beit Hoglah, Israel