Hall of amazingness
This is a gallery of amazing geohashing achievements, hilariously described catastrophes or otherwise cool adventures that demonstrate the spirit and practice of geohashing. They aren't all events like the first one-legged unicycle ascent of Mount Everest. Many are things anyone could do, but these people did. Some of the early ones may not seem so extraordinary now, but in the first few weeks of geohashing it was a source of amazement that the sport worked at all. The bar continues to be raised. Add to the gallery if you know of a story that you think deserves a wider audience. Choose an appropriate category and place it in date order, most recent at the top. Include a one-line description that reveals the amazingness.
 Lucky Locations
- 2013-11-30_global - Tilley gets a Couch Potato honorable mention... for a GLOBALHASH
- 2012-02-26_global - You know all those times the global hash is in Antarctica? Ever done anything about it? P
- 2009-08-30 51 -1 - Cubicle geohash for Sermoa - cause for an office party attended by Mapaholic, DavidMiller and Macronencer.
- 2009-07-16 57 16 - Really lucky geohash requiring only a small walk in order to get a well documented déjà vu achievement in an area we've hardly no documented visits in.
- 2009-01-01 36 -75 - Amazingly amazing lucky geohash for the New Year.
 Conquering Nature, Technology and Bodily Weakness
- 2012-03-02 58 18 - Geohasher dares a geohash on rotten ice, using a wetsuit, kiddy boat and a wooden plank.
- 2009-04-11 36 -84 - Rappelling over cliffs in search of a river canyon geohash.
- 2008-12-13 41 -74 - A double-midnight-police-frozen-virgin-no-batteries-minesweeper geohash.
- 2008-10-31 -32 138 - Solo geohasher battles the untamed Australian wilderness.
- 2008-10-31 59 11 - Reaching the (then) coldest Geohash after wading through (even colder) waist deep water.
- 2008-09-21 49 -123 - Navigating on rubber rafts in the dark. Includes a deflating boat, a lost paddle and a broken oar.
- 2008-09-01 49 -124 - 282km via bike, kayak, and ferry, more than 22 hours total travel time.
- 2008-08-07 52 12 - A rubber boat is carried over fifty km by bicycle to reach a water hash.
- 2008-07-12 47 -122 - Three people reached a water hash on board a catamaran.
- 2008-06-01 -35 148 - Logging trails, improvised bridges, thorny ditches, and a picnic.
 Setting New Records
- 2008-11-14 -53 -70 and 2012-02-06 78 15 - Both the northernmost and the southernmost hashes in the world were reached by the same person.
- Michael5000 is claiming the first Endurance Geohashing achievement after 14 Expeditions (10-4) conducted between leaving home on 2011-09-14 and returning home on 2011-09-20.
- 2010-01-12 global - The first globalhash was reached by LuxMundi, NWoodruff and some drag-alongs in Augusta, Georgia.
- Dedicated geohashers make the ultimate sacrifice on 2009-04-12 to provide the first confirmed Sex Geohash.
- Geohashers travel through time to reach both 2009-03-08 33 -85 and 2009-03-08 33 -84 at exactly 12:39 p.m.
- 2008-08-16 52 12 - Geohasher reaches Saturday geohashes in eight different graticules in one day.
- 2008-06-11 31 -84 - Commercial pilot diverts flight for first aerial geohash - another was attempted later with a passenger machine.
 In the Media
- 2009-06-02 49 10 - Three ambulances, a police motorcycle, a police car and a helicopter are summoned to the site of a geohashing accident. German media report the accident.
- 2008-11-19 47 8 - Three reporters from DRS-3 Digital (Switzerland) try to advertise geohashing.
- 2008-09-29 52 12 - Geohashing on TV.
 Weird and Notable
- 2009-2010: Felix reaches hashes in Indonesia, Thailand, China and Nepal.
- 2009-09-20 19 -98 - Two geohashers obtain a private tour from a security officer of a secured district.
- 2009-07-11 49 -123 - A sailboat, a hand-built raft, a rubber boat, two kayaks, a pirate dinghy and two coast guard boats aim for a waterhash.
- 2009-06-07 47 10 - Seven German and two Canadian hashers on (and in) a lake at the base of Germany's highest mountain
- 2009-03-17 50 11 - An unexpected find at the hash point - five (unused) condoms.
- 2008-10-22 49 8 - Stealth hasher smuggles hashmarks into another hasher's photo.
- 2008-09-20 52 -0 - Pre-emptive hot air balloon geohash on previous day.
- 2008-06-08 60 24 - Encounter with ghosts at an ancient burial ground.
- 2008-05-24 -43 172 - Lost geohasher rescued by police via text messages.
- 2008-05-24 53 -113 - Agents assure bystander "don't worry, we're from the Internet".