Ever had an experience at a geohash that made you say "we deserve a ribbon for this!" but there was no such ribbon? How about failed to reach a geohash but had a glorious day anyway and wanted to celebrate your geohash? Ever been tempted to take a ribbon you hadn't earned? Just like pretty ribbons?
Well this ribbon is for you. Inspired by the mysterious Ate At Myponga Achievement, this ribbon is fully customizable for whatever you need to commemorate. You can have as many different gratuitous ribbons as you like. You may also add those that you have taken or awarded to others to the Gratuitous ribbons list.
If many people claim the same gratuitous ribbon, it might become a real achievement some day, see Gratuitous ribbons for proposed achievement.
No proof is required for implementations of this ribbon, but you are expected to explain in some detail what you did to earn it, as part of your expedition report.
 Ribbon Template
Copy the template and fill in all the parameters. The category will remain Gratuitous Ribbon Achievement, but other than that it looks like any other ribbon.
A good selection of icons can be found by browsing the Icons Category.
Users created these gratuitous ribbons. See more of them here.
| UnwiseOwl, TheJosh and Jessie earned the Ate at Myponga Achievement
- by having a meal at famous Myponga on 2009-03-14 after having seen a geohash from afar.
| Yerushalmi and his wife earned the Unleavened Geohash achievement
- by eating matzo and pastrami sandwiches at the (31, 34) geohash on 2009-04-10.
| Meghan earned the Attendance in Effigy Ribbon
- by having other geohashers build snowmeghans representing her presence at the (49, -123) geohash on 2009-03-09.
| Buttercup and friend earned the Flat Tire Achievement
- by getting a flat tire after successfully reaching the hash (40, -86) geohash on 2013-02-27.
The ribbon always comes out orange, no matter what colour you specify.
- That's because you specified a color, instead. -- relet 00:05, 26 March 2009 (UTC)
 See Also
You may also be interested in the Radio Yerevan ribbon if there is an achievement that you should have won, except ...