Eugene, Oregon/Archive Feb 2014
|North Lincoln City||McMinnville||Portland|
The Eugene, Oregon graticule is located around latitude 44, longitude -123. Consisting of Benton County, most of Polk County, most of Lincoln County, northwestern Lane County, and parts of Linn and Marion Counties, the Eugene graticule contains a national forest and the Coast Mountains.
- 1 Notable Cities in the Eugene Graticule
- 2 Active Users
- 3 Recent Expeditions
- 3.1 2014-02-03 - Monday
- 3.2 2014-01-13 - Monday
- 3.3 2014-01-12 - Sunday
- 3.4 2013-11-02 - Saturday
- 3.5 2013-10-21 - Monday
- 3.6 2013-10-20 - Sunday
- 3.7 2013-10-06 - Sunday
- 3.8 2013-08-25 - Sunday
- 3.9 2012-06-22
- 3.10 2011-04-08 - Friday
- 3.11 2010-04-14 - Wednesday
- 3.12 2010-02-13 - Saturday
- 3.13 2009-10-31 - Saturday
- 4 Meetup Activity
Notable Cities in the Eugene Graticule
- Corvallis (Oregon State University)
- Eugene (University of Oregon)
- Monmouth (Western Oregon University)
- Salem (Willamette University and State Capitol)
Notice: This should be a very active graticule. With the University of Oregon, Oregon State University, Western Oregon University, and Willamette University there are over 50,000 students in this graticule. What is up? Though all the students are on the east edge of the graticule and the locations are in forests or fields the locations are easy to get to because of logging roads and in the event that the location is too far away check out the Springfield or Oakridge Graticule. When the location is out near Newport the Springfield location is right of I-5.
Please use discuss to find others at the schools to set up big meet-up.
A field west of Adair Village.
Frogman rides his bike up north of Corvallis.
The Unofficial Oregon State Geohashing Club goes on their first expedition of the term, to a hill in the Siuslaw National Forest. Expedition Success.
In a forest near Logsden. Expedition Success.
In the middle of a forest in the Corvallis area near Witham Hill Natural Area. Expedition Success.
Off of the John H. Beuter Road in Peavy Arboretum. Expedition Success.
A corn farm in rural Benton County, Oregon. Expedition Success.
The West Eugene Wetlands, just north of Bertelsen and West 11th. Expedition Success.
Michael5000 01:58, 24 June 2012 (EDT) sends in another puppet -- this time to a street in west Eugene.
|Michael5000 01:49, 24 June 2012 (EDT) earned the Puppet Master Geohash achievement|
In a residential section of Corvallis. Expedition Success.
In farmland Northeast of Monmouth. Expedition Success.
|Michael5000 earned the Puppet Master Geohash achievement|
In a wooded section of Corvallis. Expedition Success.
Off a city street, South Salem. Expedition Success.
- Friday, April 8, 2011: ShinHatsubai finds first geohash!
- Wednesday, April 14, 2010: Michael5000 earns the Puppet Master Geohash achievement by sending Niece #1 to the hashpoint.
- Friday, March 12, 2010: Taper attempts first geohash, blocked by flooded millrace.
- Saturday, February 13, 2010: Jim successfully Graticule Hops from Portland
- Saturday, October 31, 2009: Michael5000 and Mrs.5000 break into the world of geohashing.
- Saturday, May 2, 2009: aaronpk and...? The Roseburg Graticule is just a bit past spencer's butte!
- Saturday, February 7, 2009: Lizzy97396 and Haschel Cedricson attend an Official xkcd Meetup next to a national wildlife preserve, but nobody shows up to meet them.
- Friday, February 6, 2009: A quick detour on the way home to Corvallis leads Haschel Cedricson to an empty field. No pictures.
- Tuesday, February 2, 2009 Haschel Cedricson is denied entry into Holman State Wayside and fails to reach the coordinates.
- Saturday, Oct 11, 2008 First back to school meet-up (and may there be many more)
- Thursday, July 10, 2008 Wade and Robyn visited and tried to reach a hashpoint in Siuslaw Forest.
- Monday, June 2, 2008 Failed, no public access.
- Saturday, May 24, 2008 Meetup GrrArg (AKA Official bigfoot sighting but no Velociraptors)