Dunkirk, New York
|Waterloo, Ontario||Toronto, Ontario||Lockport|
|Youngstown, Ohio||Oil City, Pennsylvania||St. Marys, Pennsylvania|
This graticule is located at 42,-79 and is split between Ontario, Canada and New York, USA. It is significantly covered by Lake Erie and also includes Chautauqua Lake. Another interesting water landmark is the Lake Erie Terminus of the Welland Canal in Ontario, Canada which bypasses Niagara Falls for ships traversing the Great Lakes.
On a historical note, Lucille Ball was born here, and is home to the Lucy Desi Center for Comedy in Jamestown, NY.
Towns of the Graticule
|In Ontario, Canada:||On the US side:|
- 2016-07-07 42 -79 - On Center Rd next to a driveway just south of Sheridan, NY
- 2016-04-15 42 -79 - In the woods of Harris Hill State Forest.
- 2015-11-28 42 -79 - In the grass behind a corner house in Irving, on the edge of the Seneca Nation Territory.
- 2015-06-13 42 -79 - In the woods of Hatch Creek State Forest.
- 2015-05-01 42 -79 - A bike ride to a posted wooded area in Angola.
- 2015-03-22 42 -79 - A successful multi-hash finishing here, West of Jamestown.
- 2014-08-24 42 -79 - A successful hash by bike, east of Evangola State Park off Rt 5.
- 2014-08-17 42 -79 - A multi-hash expedition starting here at a hash North of the small village of Ellington in a forested area.
- 2012-04-26 42 -79 - Hic Sunt Laganum is the first to successfully reach a hash here, and at the Dunkirk Airport, none-the-less.