Drowned Rat Geohash
| This user earned the Drowned Rat Geohash Achievement
| This user earned the Drowned Rat Geohash Honourable Mention
The Drowned Rat Geohash achievement is intended for geohashers who persist to the geohash despite wet, miserable conditions. Walking or cycling in significant rain, traversing a deep swamp, or bushwhacking through water-saturated vegetation might qualify you for the award. If you feel wet and miserable, and especially if someone else looks at you and exclaims, "You look like a drowned rat!" yet you reach the geohash anyway, you have fulfilled the requirements of this award.
It is not in the spirit of this achievement to claim it after a water pistol fight or by jumping in a lake to cool off on a hot day. Driving through torrential rain in a closed automobile probably doesn't qualify you either, unless you had to kneel in the mud to change a tire or were swept off the road by rising floodwaters.
Standard proof for this award would be a photograph of you, looking like a recently washed cat, and holding a GPS at the geohash. However the nature of this award is such that should you qualify by, say, having your canoe overturn, dumping you and all your belongings into cold water, it is hardly fair to ask your camera to function. In lieu of a photograph, a properly told tale of woe and water will suffice.
Winners may link their expeditions here. A list of winners who have placed the above ribbon template on their pages will be automatically generated on the Drowned Rat Category page.*
- Hermann and Felix got soaked biking to the 2008-06-03 Hamburg, Germany geohash.
- Danatar got soaked biking by night to the 2008-10-21 Würzburg, Germany geohash.
- Bishop Wash got wet walking to the 2008-12-14 Albuquerque, New Mexico geohash.
- Koepfel got soaked while biking about 30 kilometers during heavy rain to reach the 2009-04-18 49 7 hashpoint and his clothes were still wet on the following 2009-04-18 49 8 expedition.
- Jan and Fippe got wet by biking during rain to the 2015-08-17 Rheine, Germany geohash.