The achievement can be claimed when you venture to multiple sets of coordinates on the correct day, and take photos of yourself containing the necessary proof, that is, you grinning like an idiot, showing the date and the location of each of your hashes.
The Multihash achievement could require traveling more than 150 miles in one day, or not require travel at all, depending on your location. This achievement is hardest to get for those only a few degrees from the equator, as graticules are largest there, although the equator itself -- like the Prime Meridian -- acts as a 'mirror' for coordinates, which half the time allows two hashpoints to fall less than a graticule's height away from each other.
For someone traveling to the north or south pole, a multihash might be very easy. Conceivably, a person standing on the south pole could get 360 geohashes without moving, given a geohash at the extreme south of a graticule. On 2008-02-27, for example, the hashpoint fell at -89.999896°N -- 11.7 meters from the South Pole, so a quick 73.5-meter walk would have allowed 360 hashes to be claimed, possibly in under a minute.
- Double Hash -- visit two geohashes on one day.
- Triple Hash -- visit three geohashes on one day.
- Ultra Hash -- visit four geohashes on one day.
- MONSTER Hash -- visit five or more geohashes on one day.
 See also
Time-Traveller Geohash -- visit multiple different geohashes on the same local time
Display a ribbon on your user or expedition page to show you have completed this achievement.
|This user earned the Multihash Achievement|
| This user earned the Multihash Achievement
For a complete list, see Category: Multihash achievement. Those below are the ones users specifically added.
- Thomcat reached two hashes on 2008-08-09 and was the first to provide photo proof.
- relet visited nine hashes (and reached eight) on 2008-08-16, two hashes by rail and bike on 2008-09-13, three hashes on 2008-10-19 and four hashes in four different countries on 2009-03-11.
- Arvid reached two hashes on 2008-08-25 --- by Bicycle. And repeated that trick on 2008-10-04, now visiting hashes north of each other, instead of east-west.
- Pardey reached two hashes on 2008-10-13.
- Benjw reached three hashes by car on 2009-03-09, in 52 1, 52 0 and 52 -0. He's also reached two hashes on a few occasions, including by bicycle on 2009-04-23, in 52 -0 and 52 0.
- NCBears reached two hashes on 2009-01-31 and 2009-03-07.
- Woodveil reached two hashes on 2009-02-06: Anniston, AL, USA and Atlanta, GA, USA.
- Nathan reached two hashes on March 21, 2009: Montezuma, IN and Garrett, IL. Nathan reached two hashes again on March 27, 2009: Manteno,IL and Potomac, IL.
- Koepfel reached two hashes on 2009-04-18 in Kaiserslautern, Germany (49,7) and Mannheim, Germany (49,8).
- Ekorren reached two hashes in Germany and France on 2009-05-31, in the Zürich, Switzerland and Basel, Switzerland graticules. On 2009-06-07, he reached a totally unavoidable hash in the Stuttgart, Germany graticule while on the way to the Kempten, Germany hash.
- Wyle & RoadRunner reached two hashes on 2009-06-12 in Casa Grande, Arizona (32,-111) and Tucson, Arizona (32,-110) and again on 2009-06-20 in Tucson, Arizona (32,-110) and Casa Grande, Arizona (32,-111).
- Macronencer reached two hashes on 2009-07-27 in Flitwick, near Luton and Romsey, Hampshire
- Felix Dance reached two hashes on 2009-08-23 in Noogee, Victoria, Australia and Brighton East, Melbourne, Australia by cycling 170kms, catching two trains and hitch-hiking.
- Danatar, thepiguy and srs0 reached five hashpoints on 2009-08-30 (51 13, 51 12, 50 12, 50 11, 50 10) after having reached another four hashpoints two days earlier.
- Macronencer reached two hashes on 2009-10-18 in the Cardiff and Bristol graticules
- Jim reached two hashes on 2010-06-23 in the Portland and McMinnville graticules
- Michael5000 had Triple Hashes two days in a row on 2010-08-28 and 2010-08-29.
- Per S reached two hashes on 2011-07-21 in the Stockholm and Uppsala graticules
- RocketMac visited five hashes and reached three on a trip from MKE to MSP on 2011-08-22
- Michael5000 had four successes out of six attempts on 2011-09-19.
- Calamus spontaneously decided to do 2012-07-08 47 8 on his way back from 2012-07-08 47 9.
- OfficeLinebacker went for two on his second ever geohash expedition 2013-03-24 38 -76 and 2013-03-24 38 -77.
- Pastori claimed a triple hash alongside traditional May Day cruise with The Wife. The journey starts here.
- Neimster reached two hashes on 2013-06-06 in Gainesville and Bonham, Texas.
- Bysmyyr shattered all previous records by successfully visiting a whopping 10 (you read correctly, ten!) hashpoints in a MEGA-MONSTER-hash expedition starting 2014-08-02_59_24. Ok, he used an aeroplane, but so what? This achievement doesn't forbid that.
These geohashers claim a multihash, but have yet to provide proof.
- Garyuuko claims to have hashed on 2008-05-31 in Bellingham, Washington before attending a meetup in Surrey, British Columbia.
- Pixel claims the four 2008-06-28 hashes for Danbury, Connecticut; Hartford, Connecticut; Springfield, Massachusetts; & Boston, Massachusetts all in one day.
- MagicIan claims the four 2010-06-20 hashes for Birmingham, United Kingdom; Northampton, United Kingdom; Cambridge, United Kingdom & Norwich, United Kingdom all in one day.