Déjà vu geohash achievement
| This user earned the Déjà Vu Geohash Achievement
This achievement indicates that the geohasher has visited a geohash on the correct day, but can also prove that he or she was at the same site in the past, before the geohash location became known. This is not an award you can claim without leaving your house. Unless of course the geohash location is *in* your house, in which case it's (a) rather easy to prove you were there before and (b) more exciting to take the Couch Potato Geohash achievement instead. But go ahead, take both if you're greedy.
Ideal proof would consist of a dated photo of you at the site in the past, along with the present day photo of you, at the same place, in a similar pose, holding the GPS. "Dated" does not have to mean the actual date. Signs of aging, development of the site, or it clearly being a different season in your "before" photograph are all acceptable proof.
If the original photo shows you holding a GPS with proof of date and location, then you earn either the Spookily Prescient Déjà Vu Geohash achievement or the Constantly Takes Photographs of Self with GPS achievement. You choose.
Cheating is encouraged for this achievement. That's what makes it comedic. I envision a quick wardrobe change into 70s disco gear, an onsite make-over that takes five years off your appearance (excellent if the geohash is at a spa), an application of (safe, biodegradable) fake snow, or perhaps a quick shave or haircut (swap the "before" and "after" pictures for best results).
History repeats itself
You know, it has to - because nobody listens.
If your hashes lead you to the same places over and over again, an extra ribbon would look nice, wouldn't it?
Use the Template:Gratuitous ribbon for a ribbon like this.
|Ekorren earned the History repeats itself ribbon|
Please link to your Déjà Vu Geohash achievement, explaining if necessary how you achieved the retro effect.
- Joe nearly landed a balloon at the coordinates on the previous day then returned on 2008-09-20 52 -0
- dawidi has taken pictures at the 2008-09-29 49 11 coordinates on that day, and on 2003-02-02.
- Danatar has taken pictures at the 2008-10-08 49 9 coordinates on that day at midnight, and on 2008-10-07 in the afternoon.
- Hessophanes and relet were at 2008-10-16 52 13, on a the street corner next to Hessophanes place.
- The 2008-10-29 49 8 hashpoint was on a footpath ilpadre has been on before.
- At 2008-12-12 in the late afternoon CET when the weekend hashes were known, Arvid responded: I just been on the road next to 2008-12-13 52 6 this morning! With the help of a GPS. A gpx-file with timestamps is on the expedition page.
- 2009-05-20 48 9 was on a road both Ekorren and nick_mz had been traveling countless times before, with tracklogs available for some trips.
- Jonatan and Gabriel visited a quarry at the 2009-07-16 57 16 they had visited only four days earlier, when Jonatan's younger brother did some driving practice.
- 2009-07-18 50 11 was on a forest path that Reinhard rode on before on 2008-08-16 (and has a tracklog of).
- 2009-08-30 51 -1 - geohash being a Cubicle geohash achievement for Sermoa with proof of working there, the photo having been taken 4 months earlier.
- 2010-08-01 -38 144 - previously pased within 20m of the point in a canoe, 6 months earlier. GPS and photographic proof. Stevage 14:31, 30 July 2010 (UTC)
- MathMusic had a tracklog from a Geocaching attempt pass right over the hash. Proof here.
- 2011-01-17 52 0 - multiple previous visits two of which were GPS logged here and here passing within 60 metres on a featureless sandy beach many kilometres long. Sourcerer's best logged visit was on 2007-10-20.
- 2011-12-13 47 -122 Thomcat returns to Subway, his previous photographed visit being on 2009-07-08.
- 2012-08-24 52 5 Eupeodes was in a train going trough the hash and used that train many times before (could proof back then by public transport history that he had used that train often before, proof now gone)
- 2012-09-23 42 -89 RocketMac drove past this cache on June 22nd of this year during a failed attempt at a hash nearby. I have both tracklogs to prove it.
- Per S visited hashes 20 feet apart on July 21, 2011 and October 18, 2012.
- Oisín visited the hash 2014-11-13 51 13 situated directly on the cycle path on his usual way to work
- DODO visited the hash 2015-02-02 49 8 in a train that he has used to travel home (from hashes) several times before.
- Angel visited the hash 2015-02-14 54 -2, which is on a cycle path which leads to a pub he tries to visit at least once each summer.
- TheOneRing visited 2015-02-21 48 11, which was only 162m away from the hash of 2014-06-09
- Pedalpusher revisited the Orchard Park Animal Hospital on 2015-04-27 42 -78 where we had to take Myka after a day in the country in 2013.
- George, Susanne, and Rebekah reached a hashpoint at Equest Center for Therapeutic Riding on 2015-09-06_43_-85, having dropped off and picked up Rebekah to volunteer at that same place almost a year earlier. In fact George and Rebekah had made the 2014-09-18 43 -85 expedition after she was finished with her volunteer shift.
- Quaternary reached a hashpoint on 2016-11-29 -43 172 in a road that I often drive over, and used to cross over all the time when I lived just around the corner about 15 years ago - this was a crossing point on evening walks, etc.
- 2017-01-03 55 37: Dunaril and Katu pass through an incredibly lucky geohash on their way back to the Moscow Sheremetyevo airport. They had taken the same (reverse) trip on their arrival in Moscow.
- 2017-04-12 48 2: Dunaril hashed in a nice Paris square and paid a visit to a geocache he had logged about 3 years earlier, 75m from the cache!
- 2017-04-18 41 -88: RocketMac just happened to be on the COD campus for work the day that the hashpoint was on the COD campus that I used to attend in the 90s even thought I don't live here anymore! The place I spent most of that time is ~500 ft from the hashpoint!
- 2018-09-09 52 10: Fippe visited this geohash, and previously the nearby 2018-08-13 52 10 geohash.