|Defiance, OH||Toledo, OH||Sandusky, OH||Cleveland, OH|
|Lima, OH||Marysville, OH||Mansfield, OH||Canton, OH|
|Cincinnati, OH||Wilmington, OH||Lancaster, OH||Marietta, OH|
|Frankfort, KY||Morehead, KY||Huntington, WV||Charleston, WV|
- [SE Columbus, Lancaster (39,-82)]
- [SW Columbus, Wilmington (39,-83)]
- [NE Columbus, Mansfield (40,-82)]
- [NW Columbus, Marysville (40,-83)]
Columbus, OH is split by the 40th North parallel and the 83rd West meridian into four graticules. The intersection is in the Ohio State University campus area. Thus, Columbus geohashers have a choice of four geohashes on any given day.
Columbus also has a Facebook Group.
Main Article: Lancaster, Ohio
Southeast Columbus, including the suburbs of Bexley, Whitehall, Reynoldsburg, Groveport, Pickerington, and Canal Winchester. Outside the metro area it contains Lancaster, Circleville, Chillicothe, and Athens, home of Ohio University. There are a number of ancient earthworks/mounds built by the Adena and Hopewell cultures in this region.
Main Article: Wilmington, Ohio
Southwest Columbus, including Grove City, Grandview Heights, most of downtown, and the late, unlamented village of New Rome. Also includes Wilmington, Springfield, and Washington Court House.
Main Article: Mansfield, Ohio
Northeast Columbus, including Westerville and Gahanna. Includes two major malls (Easton and Polaris), as well as Otterbein College. Beyond the outerbelt lie Mansfield, Pataskala, Newark, Bucyrus, and Ashland.
Main Article: Marysville, Ohio
Includes northwest Columbus, including Hilliard, Dublin, Upper Arlington, and most of Worthington. This graticule contains the largest chunk of the OSU campus. Other notable cities within its borders include Marysville, Delaware, Marion, and Bellefontaine.
- Friday, May 23, 2008 (40,-82): Rattail, Sandy, and Butters made the first documented geohash in the Mansfield, Ohio graticule.
- Saturday, May 24, 2008 (40,-82): Rattail and Sammi went to the Saturday meeting geohash but were half an hour late and nobody was there.
- Wednesday, May 28, 2008 (40,-82): Rattail and Sammi made it to the hash.
- Saturday, June 14, 2008 (39,-83): The Wilmington, Ohio hash was close to Grove City.
- Friday, June 20, 2008 (40,-83): Chris and Alex drove by the Marysville, Ohio hash near Upper Sandusky.
- Sunday, June 22, 2008 (40,-83): Chris and Alex drove by the Marysville, Ohio hash, which was again near Upper Sandusky.
- Sunday, June 29, 2008 (40,-82): Chris, Alex, and their tagalong friend Grace made it to the hash near Bellville, Ohio as they drove back to Columbus from Cleveland.
- Saturday, July 5, 2008 (40,-82): Chris, Alex, and Susan went to the hash, which was in a Kroger parking lot east of Polaris in Westerville.
- Saturday, July 19, 2008 (40,-82): The hash was in a driveway across the street from the Hoover Reservoir.
- Monday, July 21st, 2008 (40,-83): The hash was in a neighborhood in Upper Arlington.
- Saturday, August 9, 2008 (40,-83): The hash was in Dublin, near 161.
- Weednesday, August 20th, 2008 (39,-83): The hash was just south of OSU campus.
- Monday, May 25th, 2009 (39,-82): The hash was just south of the Outerbelt, on the premises of Cardinal Truss & Components, a construction company.
- Wednesday, May 27th, 2009 (39,-83): The hash was in the parking lot of an auto dealership near Hilliard.
- The first documented meetup in 40,-82 was on Friday. May 23, 2008.
- The first documented meetup in 39,-83 was on Saturday, June 14, 2008.
- The first documented meetup in 40,-83 was on Friday, June 20, 2008.
- The first documented meetup in 39,-82 was on Monday, May 25th, 2009.
Kantisto is young and ridiculously fresh to the idea of geohashing. It might be a while before he gets off the ground.