Category talk:Achievement award templates
 20 different squishies...?!
Ok, I was JUST defending creative additions to the achievements on another page (someone suggested there shouldn't be so many), but... do we REALLY need the combinatorial explosion that comes with mixing multiple achievements?! The "5 start underground circus night squishy" seems a bit of overkill, IMO.
Can we trim it back to just the squishy? Or maybe keep 10 and 100* squishies, and people can use place-digits to create their count. But the other mix-ins should probably be separate achievements. Ted 16:28, 4 June 2008 (UTC)
Could someone please explain how I add the achievements to my page? I'm not accustomed to working in wiki code. Also, why Squishy? Robyn 15:10, 5 June 2008 (UTC)
I moved the Squishy achievements other than the first to their own page -- there were just too many here. It seems inappropriate for a majority of this page to be for an achievement that requires a purchase at a specific business--Ahecht 18:25, 7 June 2008 (UTC)
Maybe the Squishy achievements could be generalized to be any squishy-like product so as to avoid patronage of a specific business and allow hashers to pick their favorite slush beverage - Orbatos 14:15, 20 June 2008 (UTC)
 How does one create a template?
(I need one for no batteries & Circus :) Ted 04:28, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
 Color Bars
Can we have some sort of vote or discussion on whether or not to include the color bars in these templates? It seems like they go back and forth between bars and no bars almost daily.--Ahecht 13:56, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
- If you mean the vertical decorative stripe on the left edge, I've not seen no-bars. Also, I like 'em. Ted 15:05, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
- I agree, I like them too, but as of this posting I see no bars--Ahecht 21:08, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
Okay, I was under the impression that the bars were being added and removed daily. Turns out it was me switching between Firefox and IE7. The bars don't appear in IE7. Is there a way to fix this?--Ahecht 21:17, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
 Ribbon/template artwork
I'd like to suggest that the ribbon template artwork "standardize" around xkcd-esque stick figures. So, for example, while I think the speed-racer hash is a great achievement, something pulled from the xkcd archives might be better than the original speed-racer cartoon. Etc.
Or am I all wet on this one...? 126.96.36.199 00:03, 11 June 2008 (UTC)
- I'm a little iffy on this one. The ribbons are all about community and enjoying personal achievements. If you see an xkcd comic with a dude in a racecar, by all means suggest it. But if we have to resort to drawing our own stick figures for the sake of keeping it stick-like, the ribbons might come off as a bit bland. I vote on keeping the ribbon-making progress non-strict, as long as the ribbons do not become obscene or rediculous. (That and I made the Police Geohash badge and I'm too stubborn to change it up!) -Jon
- I worry about copyright kosher-ness, but I don't think we're policing it, or really doing any harm by not policing it. $0.02 -- Jevanyn 14:53, 11 July 2008 (UTC)
- I think xkcd artwork would be best, but that lack of artwork shouldn't stop people from making ribbons. Maybe Randall will see fit to fix up the lamer ones, or future strips will provide useful material. Robyn 19:50, 20 July 2008 (UTC)
 Ribbons for users or expeditions?
Is it better to put ribbons on a meetup page, or on the user page? -- Jevanyn
I'm putting them on both when I remember. There's no shortage! -Robyn 21:48, 28 July 2008 (UTC)
 Why are the templates on the category page
I've been adding templates for the achievements and I'm finding it a real pain to navigate this page. Why are the templates on the category page? Why are they categorized differently than on the main page. Would anyone be distressed if I deleted all the templates from here? I will ensure that each template page is linked from the appropriate achievement. -Robyn 20:49, 29 July 2008 (UTC)
- Sounds fine by me. I've been wondering about the categories myself. I think there hasn't been a consensus, or anyone willing to untangle them. -Jevanyn
- Okay, I'll wait another week or so to see if there is some wikiorganizational thing I've missed and then I will categorically categorize them.