Cambridge, United Kingdom/2009
By 2009, Geohashing was nearly a year old, so many of the people who had initially expressed an interest, or had even gone on an expedition, had disappeared without trace and probably forgotten all about the sport.
The Cambridge graticule was active for the first half of the year, then fell a bit quiet. Here's what happened during 2009.
- 29 September 2009 (Tue): On the road in Carter Street, Fordham. Benjw made it during the afternoon. Exact spot too near a road junction to claim the speed-racer achievement.
- 27 April 2009 (Mon): On the road in Station Road, March. Benjw got his first speed racer achievement, and made it a 22-minute double hash by visiting the Northampton graticule hash, which was coincidentally also in the middle of a road.
- 24 April 2009 (Fri): In a garden in More's Meadow, Great Shelford. Benjw arrived just after 5pm and was granted permission to access and photograph the spot.
- 23 April 2009 (Thu): On the road in Wort's Causeway, Cambridge. Benjw made it just after 4pm, having cycled to the Northampton graticule hashpoint and back.
- 9 Apr 2009 (Thu): On Foulden Common, north of Mundford and Brandon. Benjw found a deer sitting on the hashpoint.
- 7 Apr 2009 (Tue): On a lawn on a farm in Dullingham, south of Newmarket. Benjw cycled a 28-mile round trip, reaching the hashpoint with permission just after 4pm.
- 3 Apr 2009 (Fri): On the pavement in Hills Avenue, Cambridge. Too good to miss; Benjw cycled and was there at 4:30pm.
- Benjw also visited and photographed this spot on 23 April, on the way home from that day's expedition.
- 28 Mar 2009 (Sat): Another Saturday meetup, but only Benjw was there. A planted field, off a public footpath in Ousden, SE of Newmarket. There was hail and squelchy mud.
- 23 Mar 2009 (Mon): The side of a house in Hauxton, very near Cambridge. Benjw was expecting to be an Ambassador, but nobody was at home.
- 19 Mar 2009 (Thu): No expedition. Benjw was planning to go to this Field Geohash between Stretham and Ely, but didn't actually make it in the end.
- 16 Mar 2009 (Mon): Field Geohash northeast of Newmarket, visited by train by Benjw on a hot and sunny afternoon.
- 11 Mar 2009 (Wed): Another Field Geohash, visited by Benjw as part of a Prime Meridian Double Geohash expedition.
- 9 Mar 2009 (Mon): Yet another field, this time in Outwell, near Wisbech. Benjw went as part of a Triple Geohash expedition.
- 6 Mar 2009 (Fri): Another field near Ashdon, Essex, 850m from the 4 Feb hashpoint. Benjw visited in the late afternoon.
- 28 Feb 2009 (Sat): The first Saturday meetup in this grat since last June. Benjw and Stephen Turner met at a stud farm near Newmarket.
- 4 Feb 2009 (Wed): A field near Ashdon, Essex, just off a public bridleway. Benjw made it through the snow at about 4pm, after work.
- 1 Feb 2009 (Sun): At the edge of woodland just off the Roman road north of Horseheath. Benjw made an early morning trip.
- 26 Jan 2009 (Mon): A squelchy field a bit east of March, about 25 miles north of Cambridge. Benjw took the opportunity to try out his new GPS receiver.
 Active geohashers
 Semi-active geohashers
The following user edited the main page but didn't make any expeditions in this graticule.
- Gooseh is bike powered, though willing to cycle within a 15 mile radius of Cambridge provided it's sunny. He can occasionally procure 4 wheeled petrol powered methods of transport. He's unfortunately in more Northerly climes during term time.
 Graticule talk page
Nothing was added to the graticule talk page during 2009.