Buffalo, New York
|Oil City, Pennsylvania||St. Marys, Pennsylvania||Williamsport, Pennsylvania|
Home of the Chicken Wing, The Buffalo, New York graticule is at 42 degrees north, 78 degrees west. In the Northwest corner is the Eastern tip of Lake Erie and the City of Buffalo with most of the surrounding suburbs. The Eastern edge is a little past Batavia and almost includes Leroy. The Southern line is the Pennsylvania border and most of the middle is rural; farmland and County/public forests which also includes Allegany State Park and the Southern tip of Letchworth State Park(The 'Grand Canyon of the East'). Overall, Geohashes should land in accessible areas most of the time for enthusiastic Hashers.
Some Villages and towns in the Graticule include Warsaw, East Aurora, Springville, Salamanca and Olean.
 Notable Events
2014-03-22: The Globalhash was in the Waterloo Graticule next-door to Toronto, but doesn't look like anyone went.
2012-10-10: The Globalhash was in the Corning Graticule and some Hashers were successful.
2012-08-24: The hash lands in a restricted area at a boarding gate of the Buffalo Niagara International Airport.
2009-03-30: The hash lands at the parking garage for the (now former) Millard Fillmore Hospital on Delaware Ave.
2008-06-07 42 -78: Bunsen has the honor of the first hash in the area.
Most recent on top
- 2014-10-19 42 -78 - Next to railroad tracks in Olean
- 2014-10-18 42 -78 - Slightly NW of Alden
- 2014-10-12 42 -78 - Just North and outside Allegany State Park
- 2014-09-27 42 -78 - Hamburg, just off ramp to I-90
- 2014-09-22 42 -78 - South of Hamburg
- 2014-09-18 42 -78 - Franklinville, Mt. Prospect Cemetery
- 2014-09-16 42 -78 - Springville, just off Rt 39
- 2014-09-11 42 -78 - South of Gowanda
- 2014-09-01 42 -78 - Allegany State Park
- 2014-08-17 42 -78 - North of I-86 by Friendship
- 2014-08-08 42 -78 - Arcade, off Bixby Hill Rd
- 2012-08-22 42 -78 - Kinsley Road Shoulder
- 2012-05-11 42 -78 - An old railway bed
- 2012-04-30 42 -78 - An Alfalfa Field
- 2011-06-26 42 -78 - 15 Crown Pl., Kenmore
- 2010-11-21 42 -78 - Pembroke, off of Rte. 33
- 2008-06-21 42 -78 - Clarence, Pine ledge Rd., Off of Main Street
- 2008-06-07 42 -78 - Mills Mills, Off Wiscoy-Mills Rd
 Local Geohashers
(Users with expeditions in the past year)
Please add yourself here if you are visiting the area