Buffalo, New York
|Oil City, Pennsylvania||St. Marys, Pennsylvania||Williamsport, Pennsylvania|
Today's location: not yet announced
Home of the Chicken Wing, The Buffalo, New York graticule is at 42 degrees north, 78 degrees west. In the Northwest corner is the Eastern tip of Lake Erie and the City of Buffalo with most of the surrounding suburbs. The Eastern edge is a little past Batavia and almost includes Leroy. The Southern line is the Pennsylvania border and most of the middle is rural; farmland and County/public forests which also includes Allegany State Park and the Southern tip of Letchworth State Park(The 'Grand Canyon of the East'). Overall, Geohashes should land in accessible areas most of the time for enthusiastic Hashers.
Some Villages and towns in the Graticule include Warsaw, East Aurora, Springville, Salamanca and Olean.
 Notable Events
2015-01-24: The Buffalo graticule makes it into the top 100 graticules for number of expeditions.
2014-03-22: The Globalhash was in the Waterloo Graticule next-door to Toronto, but doesn't look like anyone went.
2013-11-11: The hash lands in Buffalo, right next to the Albright Knox Art Gallery in the parking lot.
2012-10-10: The Globalhash was in the Corning Graticule and some Hashers were successful.
2012-08-24: The hash lands in a restricted area at a boarding gate of the Buffalo Niagara International Airport.
2012-04-25: The hash lands next to what looks like the exercise areas of Attica State Prison.
2010-12-17: The hash lands on Grand Island for the first time in the Buffalo Graticule.
2008-09-02: First landfall of the hash in Canada for the Graticule.
2008-06-07 42 -78: Bunsen has the honor of the first hash in the area.
Most recent on top
- 2015-08-01 42 -78 - North of Little Valley, in the woods; Close to Dobbins Memorial State Forest
- 2015-07-06 42 -78 - Behind a shared parking lot for the Southtowns YMCA
- 2015-07-03 42 -78 - Another No Trespassing, this time in the woods of Aurora by Rt 240
- 2015-06-30 42 -78 - Private property in Eden
- 2015-06-26 42 -78 - Edge of Mill Rd, East of Jewettville
- 2015-06-21 42 -78 - Next to a swamp by Big Lots in Yorkshire(by Arcade)
- 2015-06-18 42 -78 - Parking lot of the Town Court in Clarence
- 2015-06-07 42 -78 - Allegany State Park, by Quaker Lake
- 2015-05-31 42 -78 - At the end of the sidewalk next to the 400 ramp on Union in West Seneca
- 2015-05-28 42 -78 - Next to a driveway in West Seneca on Transit by Caz. Creek
- 2015-05-23 42 -78 - In a field in Collins
- 2015-04-27 42 -78 - Parking lot of the Orchard Park Veterinary Medical Center
- 2015-04-21 42 -78 - Crab Hollow State Forest
- 2015-04-12 42 -78 - Allegany State Park, a bit North of Science Lake
- 2015-03-26 42 -78 - In a field in Orchard Park, next to Rt.219
- 2015-03-15 42 -78 - At the St. Bonaventure Cemetery next to the office
- 2015-03-05 42 -78 - In the trees at the Allegany Hills golf course
- 2015-03-01 42 -78 - On the Sidewalk on Delaware Ave by the I-290
- 2015-02-07 42 -78 - In the woods North of Ashford
- 2015-01-24 42 -78 - Getting the car stuck South of Cuba
- 2015-01-21 42 -78 - South of Hamburg in the Boston Forest County Park
- 2015-01-08 42 -78 - South of Hamburg, by the Braymiller Market in the woods
- 2014-12-20 42 -78 - Portageville, in front of the Portageville Baptist church, just South of Letchworth State Park
- 2014-11-08 42 -78 - North of Colden, on Private Property
- 2014-10-19 42 -78 - Next to railroad tracks in Olean
- 2014-10-18 42 -78 - Slightly NW of Alden
- 2014-10-12 42 -78 - Just North and outside Allegany State Park
- 2014-09-27 42 -78 - Hamburg, just off ramp to I-90
- 2014-09-22 42 -78 - South of Hamburg
- 2014-09-18 42 -78 - Franklinville, Mt. Prospect Cemetery
- 2014-09-16 42 -78 - Springville, just off Rt 39
- 2014-09-11 42 -78 - South of Gowanda
- 2014-09-01 42 -78 - Allegany State Park
- 2014-08-17 42 -78 - North of I-86 by Friendship
- 2014-08-08 42 -78 - Arcade, off Bixby Hill Rd
- 2012-08-22 42 -78 - Kinsley Road Shoulder
- 2012-05-11 42 -78 - An old railway bed
- 2012-04-30 42 -78 - An Alfalfa Field
- 2011-06-26 42 -78 - 15 Crown Pl., Kenmore
- 2010-11-21 42 -78 - Pembroke, off of Rte. 33
- 2008-06-21 42 -78 - Clarence, Pine ledge Rd., Off of Main Street
- 2008-06-07 42 -78 - Mills Mills, Off Wiscoy-Mills Rd
 Local Geohashers
(Users with expeditions in the past year)
Please add yourself here if you have, are or will be visiting the area
 Graticule Ribbons
|Buffalo, New York earned the Largest geohash achievement|