Albury Wodonga, Australia
Albury Wodonga (graticule -36, 146) is officially two towns, located side by side on the New South Wales (Albury) / Victoria (Wodonga) border. Albury Wodonga is in the far north east corner of the graticule, geohashers in Albury Wodonga might also consider attending locations in the Corryong graticule (-36, 147), the Corowa graticule (-35, 146), or the Wagga Wagga graticule (-35, 147).
The Albury Wodonga region has a combined population of about 101,000. Albury City is the slightly larger of the two with 46,000 people, Wodonga has about 30,500 inhabitants.
The other major city in this graticule is Wangaratta. Wangaratta is home to just over 15,500 people.
Features of the graticule include the Murray river, and part of Lake Mulwala, which offers a slight chance of a water geohash. The wine growing areas of Oxley and Rutherglen are dotted with vinyards and cottage wineries, touring the local wines is a popular tourist activity. Nearby Wangaratta is a well know Cathedral City.
The graticule includes the Chiltern Mt Pilot National Park, the Mt Buffalo National Park, the Mt Samaria State Park and parts of the Wabonga State Park. The mountainous areas to the South East of the graticule offer plenty of opportunities for making us Mother Natures Bitches.
Coordinate and map links -36, 146
|Friday 2018-08-17||-36.1612158, 146.5950060|
|Thursday 2018-08-16||-36.3944212, 146.9770359|
Co-ordinates for the "Tallangatta / Mt Beauty" graticule can now be found on the Corryong page.
Add details of any expeditions you plan on mounting here.
Show up to the geohash co-ordinates at 4pm on any given Saturday, you never know who might be there.
Actually, the odds of that happening are pretty low around here, but if you do happen to attempt a hash in -36 146, send Kieran a message on 0430509913 and he might join you.
- 2015-12-31 -36 146 - Success! Next to the Ovens River near Wangaratta, on a cycle tour.
- 2012-06-01 -36 146 - Livestock Fail :(
- 2010-05-21 -36 146 - success!
- 2010-05-17 -36 146 - Near miss ... although I thought I'd done it at the time!
- 2009-09-07 -36 146 - success
- 2009-08-30 -36 146 - Near miss...
- 2009-07-24 -36 146 - Success
- 2009-07-17 -36 146 - Fail
- 2009-01-02 -36 147 - success! Virgin geohash in Corryong graticule.
- 2009-01-01 -36 146 - failed!
- 2008-12-23 -36, 146 - success!
- 2008-09-29 -36, 146 - success!
Add your name here if you want to get in touch with other geohashers in the Albury Wodonga area.
- Acajou - doesn't have a login, but joins us from time to time.
- Fi - get's dragged along by Kieran from time to time.
- Kieran - When I'm not in Canberra. Contact me on 0430509913
JOIN THE FACEBOOK GROUP! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=59113165329
A selection of photos from past meetups in our area.
Acajou walking back to the car from 2008-09-29 -36, 146
An echidna near 2009-01-01 -36 146
Footings of an old building on the floor of lake hume, near 2009-01-02 -36 147
Trees, with the soil washed away from the roots, near 2009-01-02 -36 147
|Kieran and Acajou earned the Virgin Graticule Achievement|