Sheffield, United Kingdom
It has been the case in the past that the Sheffield graticule tended to only be active in and around Leeds, plus meetups being 11am local time, for hashpoint arrival at noon. The currently most prolific local geohasher, however, is Sheffield-based and in the absence of anyone else expressing interest is making his trips within or outward from the Sheffield area at various times most suitable for himself, including early morning, during midday lunch breaks, after work or 'whenever'. But he does not begrudge anyone else (local or visiting) making their own arrangements. (It would be nice to actually meet up at a meetup, though, so he'll try to keep an eye on announcements...)
Jonty's in Chesterfield, but also doesn't have a car. If it's ever somewhere close by (within walking distance) then he'll try to make it!
Ajtag is based in Leeds and occasionally has gone on his bike.
Koolkat is an XKCD fan in Leeds, but without a car so if somewhere is close I might turn up randomly.
s0600204 is a student returning home to Leeds at Christmas, Easter and Summer, and would be able to cycle to nearby locations at these times.
Another Leeds fan without a car. Hoping to show up one day.
Lannanos is in Leeds during University term times.
amc is an xkcd fan in Leeds, again without a car, and tends to go hashing in the mornings, so won't be at any 4pm meets.
rvsmortimer lives near Leeds. Have GPS, will travel.
Claire & Jason 2 new geohashers from Halifax looking out for loactions in Leeds, Bradford, Huddersfield, Brighouse and Halifax
somewhereoverarainbow is in Leeds and is going to show up one day out of the blue
Englishdude lives in Sheffield, and may do some.
Fin would love to come but cant drive, any where near Sheffield and I will be there.
Monty has car and near the centre of graticule. No GPS, so map-trips only unless accompanied.
SheffieldRach will make it if she can walk there.
TheGeorge currently living in and attending University in the City of Sheffield, no vehicle.
Zootle lives in Sheffield and does have a car, but still hasn't made it to any locations yet.
Squidfish is waiting for a Geohash to appear in his garden.
Caesium is in Tadcaster and has never been, but will attempt the next nearby Saturday. If it's not raining.
Tuomas is a Wakefield based student, XKCD fan also without a car. Waiting for a Saturday close by.
GydeonMylls lives near Wakefield and snaps up nearby hashes when he can.
Athatar lives in York, has a car and plans to meet up if he isn't working
Djomp is in York so may do some.
 Locale Unknown and Visitors
TomViza has been on a couple of Saturdays.
Elv very much wants to come but cannot drive. She can, however, walk, bus or hire a car-driving friend for the day.
Sourcerer has visited from the Norwich graticule. He lives in Suffolk.
 Took place in 2015
- 2015-12-31 53 -1 Chadders66 visited an alleyway in Wincobank, near the Meadowhall Interchange
- 2015-12-25 53 -1 Sourcerer visited a field between Newhaven and Alsop en le Dale, north of the A515 in a sheep pasture, Derbyshire, UK.
- 2015-05-30 53 -1 GydeonMylls and co. visited the Stölzle Flaconnage Limited glass factory in Knottingley
 Took place in 2013
- 2013-09-02 53 -1 Monday: Mampfred for another success in the country
- 2013-08-21 53 -1 Wednesday: Mampfred success in Doncaster
- 2013-06-11 53 -1 Tuesday: Mampfred and a colleague success near Leeds
 Took place in 2012
- 2012-11-12 53 -1 Monday: Claire & Jason success in a field in Greetland
- 2012-11-11 53 -1 Sunday: Claire solo failure, due to guard dogs
- 2012-11-10 53 -1 Saturday: Claire success, with a friend being dragged along for the journey
- 2012-10-28 53 -1 Sunday: Claire & Jason second expedition, failure, but had fun sneaking in someone's back garden
- 2012-10-22 53 -1 Monday: Claire & Jason first expedition, successful, but no idea how to use the app
- 2012-04-05 53 -1 Thursday: Monty really needs to solve this uploading problem, but today got an 'easy' hash, on a roadside.
- 2012-03-17 53 -1 Saturday: Successful expedition to the edge of a football pitch
- 2012-02-15 53 -1 Wednesday: Successful (if dark-impaired) expedition to the middle of a motorway junction.
- 2012-02-10 53 -1 Friday: Another 'proving run'. Did not enter target house's back garden.
- 2012-02-09 53 -1 Thursday: Second use of Monty's scratch-built GPS application. Failure predicted and got, but a record was taken, this time.
- 2012-02-03 53 -1 Friday: First use of Monty's scratch-built GPS application. Success, but proof ambiguous.
- 2012-01-15 53 -1 Sunday: Did not happen, due to injury...
- 2012-01-14 53 -1 Saturday: Just off Sheffield's ring-road. Monty walked there. Took bus back home due to injury.
- 2012-01-07 53 -1 Saturday: Monty virtually went past that way, today, before realising. Sought it out on the way back home. Very muddy. Loads of horses.
- 2012-01-05 53 -1 Thursday: Visited by Monty in darkness.
- 2012-01-02 53 -1 Monday: An early evening visit by Monty.
 Took place in 2011
(If nobody else has any ideas, I'm hoping to rationalise the whole of 2011 in an easier-on-the-eye format, now it is over. Plus actually post and/or complete the many still incomplete reports. - Monty)
- 2011-12-30 53 -1 Friday: Did not even get off the ground... Not worth mentioning.
- 2011-12-29 53 -1 Thursday: On the edge of the next field over from 2011-07-26 53 -1, really just a few yards away. Wetter, this day. But less vegetation (and crops, although walked on field boundaries).
- 2011-12-10 53 -1 Saturday: Monty's first sight of snow, at this end of the year. Roadside hashpoint, in Peak District.
- 2011-11-?? 53 -1 Still needs to be uploaded, the write-up photos of the trip to Worksop, sometime in November (I think that was all for this month). Monty missed a couple of 'easy' gets due to time constraints, though, even one not far from his town of birth. A slack month.
- 2011-10-21 53 -1 Friday: In the morning, Monty got his feet wet getting to this moorland spot. (Which is one way to beat the nights closing in, work permitting...)
- 2011-10-17 53 -1 Monday: Moorland above Glossop, below Snake Pass. Achieved in failing light
- 2011-10-16 53 -1 Sunday: In a field, not far from Barnsley. Too dark at >9pm to be really doable
- 2011-10-14 53 -1 Friday: Appeared to be inside a shop in Buxton... No takers, it seems
- 2011-10-12 53 -1 Wednesday: On the edge of a lane near Dale Head Farm, in the Peak District parish of Wormhill.
- 2011-10-09 53 -1 Sunday: In a field, just off of a public path on the side of Furnace Hill, below The Strines, western slopes of Sheffield.
- 2011-10-07 53 -1 Friday: I passed by this spot on the 2011-08-12 53 -1 trip. Not sure about access, but certain about accessibility, IYSWIM. Not even attempted, though.
- 2011-10-04 53 -1 Tuesday: Monty really set off too late in the day, and therein lies a tale.
- 2011-09-29 53 -1 Thursday: Someone's back garden, too close to home not to consider. Monty was Ambassadorial. (Write-up/pics slipped mind. Uploading... sometime.)
- 2011-09-27 53 -1 Tuesday: Monty went up to Middleston, near Dewsbury/Wakefield, after work.
- 2011-09-26 53 -1 Monday: An after-work trip to a field near Buxton for Monty
- 2011-09-25 53 -1 Sunday: Expecting to find a Water Geohash that was not going to be achievable, Monty surprised himself.
- 2011-09-13 53 -1 Tuesday: A short but hard slog from Langsett Reservoir.
- 2011-09-09 53 -1 Friday: Oaker, near Matlock. Monty went as night fell.
- 2011-09-01 53 -1 Thursday: By the side of a road, visited at in the morning.
- 2011-08-31 53 -1 Wednesday: More moorland walked upon (and a trip to the top of the nearby hill while I was there).
- 2011-08-20 53 -1 Saturday: Monty went onto another bit of moorland.
- 2011-08-12 53 -1 Friday: Monty went onto the moorland for the Glorious 12th. No birds were harmed during this successful geohash.
- 2011-08-05 53 -1 Friday: Monty woke early, wandered up to Leeds and nabbed this one early on a whim.
- 2011-08-04 53 -1 Thursday: Was off the side of runway at Robin Hood Sheffield Doncaster Barnsley Whatever-It's-Called Airport. If it had been on the runway (or off either end) I reckon that a lot of people would have been able to get an Air Geohash. :)
- 2011-08-03 53 -1 Wednesday: Monty, planned to go down there in the morning, but did it at the end of the day instead.
- 2011-08-02 53 -1 Tuesday: Business premises, Monty failed to get there before they shut their gates, so who knows if permission would have been granted.
- 2011-07-27 53 -1 Wednesday: Stage two of Monty's three-graticle 'coast to coast' birthday expedition. Achieved. Report and photos to come, predictably.
- 2011-07-26 53 -1 Tuesday: Accessible and so close to Monty that it would have been be foolish not to go to when he eventually got out of work. Scouted out on Monday, but actually visited with camera on the day itself.
- 2011-07-20 53 -1 Wednesday: Monty found on the scouting expedition the day before that he actually knew the owner of the property. Went back with a dragalong workmate (being half a mile away). Photos still need uploading, 'nuff said.
- 2011-07-11 53 -1 Monday: A stone's throw off of the Pennine Way, south of Torside Res, near Crowden.
- 2011-06-24 53 -1 Friday: Monty still has to add this write-up. Coming soon.
- 2011-06-22 53 -1 Wednesday: A public green-field area in Campsall, Doncaster. Backlog, backlog, backlog...
- 2011-06-21 53 -1 Tuesday: A shed in a back garden of a house in Frecheville, southern Sheffield. Visited with complete consent of the house-owner.
- 2011-06-20 53 -1 Monday: Appearing to be in the back garden of a house in Intake, southern Sheffield. Monty checked it out, but nobody at home. (Before going home, checked out the 2011-06-21 53 -1 location for Tuesday, a shed in a back garden not far away, but again, nobody answered the door. Probably won't pass that way tomorrow.)
- 2011-06-10 53 -1 Friday: Middle of moorland, SW of Snake Pass. The first solo (borrowed) GPS-only trip for Monty, with interesting results. (Desperately need to get some photos up, but still on a low band-width connection.)
- 2011-06-07 53 -1 Tuesday: Loxley Common, Sheffield. Monty visited with borrowed GPS, but other than photos (coming soon), no cables to download data, but am working on that.
- 2011-05-27 53 -1 Friday: Moorland, off A6024 Woodhead to Holmfirth/Emley Moore road. The usual No Batteries styled attempt by Monty (report coming soon.. backlog...).
- 2011-05-26 53 -1 Thursday: Locke Park, Barnsley. Hashtree identifiable from overhead and everything! Monty got there earlier than planned due to serendipitous circumstances.
- 2011-05-11 53 -1 Wednesday: In woods, near Bawtry. Monty went over more in hope than expectation... and yet succeeded. (Still lacks proper reports/photos.)
- 2011-05-10 53 -1 Tuesday: Wath-upon-Dearne, near Rotherham. Semi-urban location, a public green space behind houses.Monty claims success, with an expedition that was a second cousin twice-removed of a MNIMB achievement. :) (Still having difficulty getting photos up, need to spend some time on a stable internet link, then I can get all this darned backlog of reports up, all really needing their photo proofs to do them justice.)
- 2011-05-09 53 -1 Monday: In a field slightly off the A6187 between Hope and Castleton. Monty circumnavigated the site, on foot, but didn't want to disturb the sheep and lambs in the field. (Report and photos still to be uploaded)
- 2011-05-08 53 -1 Sunday: Not a hundred yards from 2011-02-24 53 -1, on ?Slitherstone Hill?. Monty went up the adjacent bridleway, but with livestock in the field decided to forgo the final few dozen metres. (Report and photos still to be uploaded)
- 2011-05-07 53 -1 Saturday: On the edge of Round Hill, between the Derwent Reservoirs and The Strines, close(ish) to the Dukes Road path, a short walk up a readily identified brook. Monty succeeded. (Report and photos still to be uploaded)
- 2011-05-06 53 -1 Friday: On a field/quarry boundary near Wintersett Reservoir. (Report and photos still to be uploaded)
- 2011-04-26 53 -1 Tuesday: Just off the public path leading towards Sheffield from Baslow Edge. (Report and photos still to be uploaded)
- 2011-04-25 53 -1 Bank Holiday Monday: Within a house in the Clifton area of York. Monty went to the front door and counted as a No Batteries success navigational success. (Report and photos still to be uploaded)
- 2011-04-21 53 -1 Thursday: A field near Penistone/Hoylandswaine, failed by Monty due to not accessing field.
- 2011-04-08 53 -1 Friday: Castle Hills Woods, across the A1(M) from Micklefield, Leeds
- 2011-04-03 53 -1 Sunday: Doe Quarry Lane in Dinnington, SE of Rotherham. An uneventful success.
- 2011-03-28 53 -1 Monday: Hemsworth, near Barnsley/Wakefield. Monty wandered over there.
- 2011-03-27 53 -1 Sunday: North Leeds (nr Harewood House), but farmer's land under crop, beyond locked gate, and no obvious permission-giver for access. Counted a failure for Monty, but a very palpable attempt.
- 2011-03-25 53 -1 (Friday) and 2011-03-26 53 -1 (Saturday) were two places Monty cudda, wudda, shudda gotten to. Oh well.
- 2011-03-22 53 -1 Tuesday: Located within walking distance of Monty's home, but he was busy during the day. Midnight, Sunrise and closing-Midnight visits made.
- 2011-03-20 53 -1 Sunday: Multihash 1 of 5: Sourcerer visited a field north of the A57 at Hollow Meadows about seven miles west of Sheffield, UK.
- 2011-02-24 53 -1 Thursday: Another in a string of Lucky Thursday hits for Monty, to which he'd added a Retrohash of Saturday 19th for good measure, and might have met some potential converts. (Completely forgot to add all he to the intended retrohash report. Coming soon. (Report and photos still to be uploaded!))
- 2011-02-19 53 -1 Saturday: Failure, due to bad planning. But still a nice day out. Still open to being a decent Retrohash destination, the next available Saturday (or other day) when there's time to spare and that day's hashpoint doesn't make it difficult to do.
- 2011-02-18 53 -1 Friday: On a whim, Monty aimed for and probably missed this hash.
- 2011-02-17 53 -1 Thursday: Yet another Thursday geohash for Monty, who is looking forward for a decent Saturday one so as to eschew the car, for once.
- 2011-02-04 53 -1 Friday: myka succeeds again, about 5km out of leeds city center, on a driveway off Green Hill Drive, Bramley
- 2011-02-03 53 -1 Thursday: Did Monty technically get a 1-week Hashiversarry? Probably not.
- 2011-01-27 53 -1 Thursday: amc and myka found a new hasher and met a farmer.
- 2010-10-06_53_-1#Retro_expedition_2011-01-25 Tuesday: amc and myka, retro expedition to Horsforth again.
 Took place in 2010
- 2010-10-06 53 -1 Tuesday: myka at Horsforth Railway stration, possibly in the 'Woodlands Homecare' yard
- 2010-10-03 53 -1 Sunday: myka in the West Wood, near Calverly - failed due to technology
Anyone for tennis? Sunday's location is a tennis court at the Graves Leisure Centre. --Zootle 17:37, 16 January 2010 (UTC)
 Took place in 2009
- 2009-12-12 53 -1 Saturday: Lannanos in Leeds
- 2009-02-10 53 -1 Tuesday: Dan Heller at Waitrose carpark in Sheffield
 Took place in 2008
- 2008-05-31 53 -1 Saturday: 1 unknown attendee at Moorgreen reservoir
- 2008-05-24 53 -1 Saturday: 1 unknown attendee in Matlock