Norwich, United Kingdom
|Skegness||North Sea||North Sea|
|London East||Canterbury||Dunkerque, France|
This graticule covers the parts of the United Kingdom (UK) from 52° to 53° latitude, and from 1° to 2° longitude. A bit over half of it is land, including parts of Norfolk and Suffolk and much of their coastlines. Most of the terrain is agricultural. Some areas are very flat. Other areas include low rolling hills. This easy terrain is balanced by coastal mud flats and salt marshes which can be tricky to reach. The Norfolk and Suffolk Broads are man-made lakes created by peat digging. They are reached by river or canal.
 Planned Expeditions
Please post your expedition plans here.
 2014 Expeditions
- 2014-09-10 (Wednesday): Sourcerer visited Rectory Road between Brome and Brome Street south of Diss, Suffolk, UK.
- 2014-08-18 (Monday): Sourcerer visited a wheat field, close to a public footpath east of Bucklesham, near Ipswich, Suffolk, UK.
- 2014-08-12 (Tuesday): Sourcerer visited wooded park land south of the coastal resort of Cromer, famous for its crabs, Norfolk, UK.
- 2014-05-31 (Saturday): Sourcerer visited the hashpoint in a small patch of woodland north of Roughton Road railway station, Cromer, Norfolk, UK.
- 2014-05-10 (Saturday): Sourcerer visited the hashpoint 14 metres off a public footpath through a wheat field close to Brampton railway station, Suffolk, UK.
- 2014-04-27 (Sunday): Sourcerer visited the Black Tiles pub, Martlesham, Suffolk, UK.
- 2014-03-06 (Thursday): Sourcerer visited a roadside hashpoint close to North Walsham railway station, Norfolk, UK.
- 2014-02-07 (Friday): Sourcerer visited a field boundary across the road from the Tally Ho Tea Rooms, Mettingham, Suffolk, UK.
- 2014-01-21 (Tuesday): Sourcerer visited an oil seed rape field about 75 metres from the road, south of Diss, Norfolk, UK.
- 2014-01-20 (Monday): Sourcerer visited a field boundary 75 metres west of Redisham road just south of Redisham village, Suffolk, UK.
- 2014-01-19 (Sunday): Sourcerer visited a roadside drainage ditch half way between Norwich and Diss, Norfolk, UK.
 Annual Expedition Archives
Twenty one expeditions took place during 2013. These are detailed on the 2013 archive page.
- Jaydublu - 3 expeditions, all successful.
- MagicIan - 7 expeditions 2 failed. 1 was a retrohash.
- PaintedJaguar - 1 successful expedition.
- Sourcerer - 14 expeditions. 12 were successful. The 2013-02-19 52 1 expedition was Sourcerer's 100th success.
The numbers don't add up because, for the first time, multiple geohashers visited the same hashpoint. None of us met though.
Twenty expeditions took place during 2012. These are detailed on the 2012 archive page.
- aaronboardley - 1 successful expedition.
- Jaydublu - 1 successful expedition.
- MagicIan - 1 successful expedition.
- Sourcerer - 18 expeditions. 15 were successful.
Twenty five expeditions took place during 2011. These are detailed on the 2011 archive page.
- Sourcerer 24 Expeditions - He missing the element of competition being by far the most active Norwich geohasher in 2011.
- MagicIan 2 expeditions - He got lazy at both going on expeditions and updating the Wiki when he did so
Twenty five expeditions took place during 2010. These are detailed on the 2010 archive page.
Three expeditions took place during 2009. These are detailed on the 2009 archive page.
 Local Geohashers
- Aaronboardley, based in Lowestoft.
- Benjw, based in Cambridge, has visited this graticule.
- Jaydublu, based on the North Norfolk coast, doesn't do boats or Suffolk.
- MagicIan, based in Mulbarton, just south of Norwich. His Geohashing exploits are sporadic to say the least.
- PaintedJaguar, based in the Cambridge graticule.
- Sourcerer, lives in Beccles, Suffolk. He visits local hashpoints and on his travels, any hashpoint near enough to reach.