|Frankfurt am Main||Fulda||Schweinfurt|
Today's Location: Würzburg, Germany
This graticule is at latitude 49, longitude 9. It contains the cities of Würzburg, Aschaffenburg and Heilbronn and many fields and forests. The German Bundesländer (states) touched by this graticule are Baden-Württemberg (EU:DE:BW), Bayern (Bavaria, EU:DE:BY) and Hessen (Hesse, EU:DE:HE).
Saturday meetup time is 15:00 from the end of daylight saving time (last Sunday in October) to the end of January, to allow returning home by twilight instead of total darkness. (proposed by Danatar)
According to Land usage, the chance for your hash to fall into one of the following areas is:
39.21% Fields 38.16% Natural reserves 16.44% Forests 2.54% Roads 1.99% Highways 1.59% Settlements 0.06% Water
 Local Geohashers
- Chemluth - New Geohasher. I live in Mosbach, Ilsfeld and Lauda. (I move around a lot)
- TroLLorT - Nearby Heilbronn.
 Former local geohashers
- Danatar - Lived in Würzburg until 2014 and went on many many expeditions. Then moved to Dresden (51 13).
- thepiguy - Worked at Würzburg university from May 2009 until the end of the year. He had a bike, and he knew how to use it. Now back in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
- srs0 - With thepiguy. He was also working at the university, and also had a bike. Returned the same way.
most recent first
- 2015-03-22 (Hausen): Chemluth and DODO met each other next to a field and didn't let an airplane fly over the hashpoint.
- 2015-02-08 (Würzburg): In the forest behind a cemetery, Danatar walked there.
- 2015-01-18 (Neuenstadt am Kocher): Q-Owl visited the hashpoint in a cold and wet little brook valley.
- 2015-01-12 (Bad König / Zell): Q-Owl visited the hashpoint in the small Hessian part of the Würzburg graticule.
- 2014-07-12 (Höchberg): Danatar was blocked by a gate in a residential area.
- 2014-05-08 (Zell am Main): Danatar did a cycling tour to a meadow on a hill.
- 2014-04-20 (Faulbach): No trespassing onto private property by Danatar.
- 2014-04-18 (Bad Friedrichshall): Danatar visited a sun-lit empty field.
- 2014-01-28 (Klingenberg): TroLLorT made his first, short expedition.
- 2013-11-22 (Weibersbrunn): Danatar took a walk in the forest.
- 2013-11-02 (Helmstadt): In a wet forest, Danatar found a historical monument.
- 2013-09-04 (Tauberbischofsheim): Danatar had to crawl through the underbrush multiple times to reach this hashpoint.
- 2013-08-27 (Höchberg): GeorgDerReisende walked to a meadow after hitchhiking, while Danatar had cycled there a few hours earlier.
- 2013-06-23 (Gerbrunn): Danatar enjoyed the many plants on a small path.
- 2013-05-25 (Reicholzheim): Danatar celebrated Mouseover Day and Towel Day with a train ride and a walk.
- 2013-05-05 (Ilsfeld): Chemluth made his easiest hash so far.
- 2013-04-09 (Oberdielbach): Chemluth On some open land next to some trees.
- 2013-03-27 (Distelhausen): Chemluth went up a steep hill and over railroad tracks.
- 2013-03-06 (Gissigheim): Chemluth Walked over a smelly field.
- 2013-02-22 (Fahrenbach): Chemluth´s first geohash.
- 2013-02-09 (Würzburg): Danatar did another tron expedition, this time on foot.
- 2013-01-20 (Mosbach): ilpadre went there by train.
- 2012-10-13 (Giebelstadt): Danatar cycled to a field, on a tron route.
- 2012-09-04 (Weikersheim): Next to a road, Danatar enjoyed the nice weather.
- 2012-05-26 (Würzburg): Gefrierbrand and Danatar met in the forest near Würzburg.
- 2012-02-22 (Massenbach): lovertux reaching his first in a cabbage field.
- 2012-02-21 (Würzburg): Danatar walked up a hill.
- 2012-02-17 (Margetshöchheim): On a path between two houses, Danatar went there.
- 2011-09-17 (Würzburg): Danatar cycled to the Steinbachtal forest.
- 2011-09-07 (Gramschatz): In the forest south of Gramschatz, this time Danatar went by car for his third hashiversary.
- 2011-09-04 (Gramschatz): In the forest north of Gramschatz, Danatar went there by bike but returned by taxi.
- 2011-05-25 (Gramschatz): Danatar cycled along a long country road for Towel Day.
- 2011-05-24 (Würzburg): In bushes near the Main river, Danatar cycled there.
- 2011-04-10 (Würzburg): Euterkuh and fivetonsofflax found the hashpoint in Maidbronn. So did Danatar, on his own.
- 2010-10-24 (Breuberg-Sandbach): Danatar walked around the hashpoint in a large circle before noticing the easy direct approach.
- 2010-10-10 (Würzburg): First Danatar walked there in a juggernaut line, later he went again and brought two friends along.
- 2010-10-09 (Kirchheim): Sunny Saturday meetup by Danatar.
- 2010-09-07 (Külsheim): Danatar's second hashiversary in a foggy forest.
- 2010-06-21 (Rimpar): Cycle tour to the Gramschatzer Wald by Danatar.
- 2010-05-27 (Würzburg): Danatar walked to the IKEA, where he found a hashdog and returned by a different route for the Tron achievement.
- 2010-05-25 (Würzburg/Kist): Towel Day! Danatar cycled to the Steinbachtal and returned by a different route for the Tron achievement.
- 2010-05-22 (Bad Mergentheim): Mouseover Day was celebrated by Danatar.
- 2010-05-16 (Karlstadt): Next to the Main, Danatar finally went by bike again.
- 2010-05-08 (Gemmingen): In the very west of this graticule, between two fields. Koepfel was there.
- 2010-03-28 (Laudenbach): A thorn-covered hillside next to the Main river visited by Danatar, after a long time without expeditions in this graticule.
- 2009-12-11 (Retzbach): thepiguy took the train for a little walk.
- 2009-11-26 (Würzburg-Rottenbauer): Evening expedition by thepiguy.
- 2009-10-31 (Mosbach/Hessen): First part of thepiguy's Halloween doublehash, about 600 m from the 2009-08-23 hashpoint.
- 2009-10-18 (Buchen): Danatar took a small walk into the forest.
- 2009-10-17 (Schöntal): A field with wind power plant, Danatar went there, then continued to his displaced origin.
- 2009-10-16 (Güntersleben): Danatar almost got lost during a walk in the dark forest.
- 2009-10-12 (Würzburg-Heidingsfeld): After-turkey expedition by srs0, thepiguy and Danatar.
- 2009-09-20 (Würzburg-Rottenbauer): Tram geohash by thepiguy, srs0 and Danatar.
- 2009-09-19 (Tauberbischofsheim): Arrr, thepiguy be bike-rrriding on talk-like-a-pirrrate-day.
- 2009-09-18 (Arnstein): thepiguy cycled to the Gramschatzer Wald forest. Danatar went by car but missed him.
- 2009-09-06 (Zellingen): Danatar and srs0 cycled to a farmer's field.
- 2009-08-23 (Schaafheim): Danatar detoured to a Hessian hashpoint.
- 2009-08-14 (Würzburg/Güntersleben): Late evening cycle tour by Danatar.
- 2009-07-30 Euterkuh and fivetonsofflax went to the hashpoint near Bödigheim.
- 2009-07-25 A walk geohash by srs0 and thepiguy, and they met Danatar at the hashpoint, which is by the Flugplatz Würzburg-Schenkenturm (an airstrip).
- 2009-07-22 Another midnight geohash at a field by Danatar, srs0, and thepiguy.
- 2009-07-17 thepiguy dressed up as a spy, and infiltrated a field at midnight along with the less sneaky Danatar, in formal wear, and srs0, in normal clothes.
- 2009-06-30 Danatar left markings that thepiguy found.
- 2009-06-24 Danatar and Srs0 met in a forest near Rottenbauer.
- 2009-06-11 thepiguy and Danatar cycled to a sugar beet field near Herchsheim.
- 2009-05-28 srs0 and thepiguy reached this forest geohash at around 19:10, and Danatar reached it a bit later.
- 2009-05-27 Not reached! thepiguy and srs0 went to the field near Bütthard, but were stopped 100m from the point by no tresspassing. This was their hashiversaries!
- 2009-05-25 Towel day! Danatar and thepiguy took "stylish" photos in a forest, wearing only their towels, while srs0 took pictures for them.
- 2009-05-23 thepiguy and srs0 biked to a forest for Mouse Over Day!
- 2009-05-16 Long bike ride by thepiguy to Hollenbach.
- 2009-05-11 Not reached! Danatar wasn't allowed to enter company property in Aschaffenburg.
- 2009-05-10 thepiguy, srs0 and Danatar met in the deep forest near Retzstadt.
- 2009-05-09 lyx, relet and the gang celebrated an unsuspecting tree near Michelstadt.
- 2009-04-13 ekorren did a long detour on the way to Stuttgart and found a quiet valley at Obersontheim-Herlebach.
- 2009-04-10 Not reached! Danatar had a flat tire.
- 2009-02-21 Danatar almost stood in deer droppings in the forest near Erlabrunn/Würzburg.
- 2009-02-12 In Würzburg, 0.85 km from Danatar's home.
- 2009-01-29 In the forest near Waldbrunn/Würzburg (Danatar)
- 2009-01-08 Danatar lowered the temperature record to -9.6°C on a field near Würzburg-Rottenbauer.
- 2008-12-09 Not reached! Danatar blew up his bicycle with a tire inflator before reaching the hashpoint.
- 2008-12-08 Danatar cycled through the Guttenberger Wald forest to Kist.
- 2008-11-27 In Fuchsstadt near Würzburg, you have to guess who went there by bike.
- 2008-11-24 ilpadre and Danatar built snowmen next to the church in Bad Wimpfen.
- 2008-10-24 Danatar cycled to the Gramschatzer Wald forest near Würzburg/Rimpar.
- 2008-10-21 A meadow near Neckarsulm, Danatar made a detour while going to his parents by train.
- 2008-10-13 A forest between Zellingen and Billigshausen, Danatar by bike again.
- 2008-10-08 Danatar achieved a midnight déja-vu walk geohash in a vineyard in Würzburg.
- 2008-10-02 A forest near Retzstadt, Danatar had a hard time getting there by bike.
- 2008-09-20 A sugar beet field near Vilchband. Danatar went 30 km by bike to be the only one at a Saturday 4pm Meetup.
 Graticule statistics
as of 2013-09-24
|Different people on expeditions:||17|
|Largest meetup:||5 on 2009-05-09|
|Average expeditions since 2008-05-24:||1.22 /month|
|Average expeditions since the first one:||1.30 /month|
| The Würzburg, Germany graticule earned the Mostly Active Graticule achievement
 In this graticule
Located on the river Main, Würzburg (population: 130 000; geohashers: none any more) is the administrative center of the Unterfranken administrative region (part of the state Bayern/Bavaria). Famous sights include the Residenz, Festung Marienberg, the Romanesque Dom, the baroque Käppele church (de), the Falkenhaus, and the Alte Mainbrücke (Old Main Bridge, de). The University of Würzburg is one of the oldest in Germany (founded in 1402) and location of the discovery of the X-rays.
Würzburg is also a center of wine production, mainly of white wines like Müller-Thurgau and Silvaner in the traditionnal Bocksbeutel bottle, with the famous Würzburger Stein vineyard site just north of the city. Most of the famous people from Würzburg are long dead, but Basketball fans might know the name Dirk Nowitzki (Dallas Mavericks).
Heilbronn is more or less famous for producing wine, food (Knorr, Campina), car components (Audi in Neckarsulm, Mercedes Benz in Stuttgart), and paper products (Brunnen).
 Public transport
 Journey planners
- Bayern/Bavaria: http://www.bayern-fahrplan.de/ http://www.bayerninfo.de/auskunft
- Baden-Württemberg: http://www.efa-bw.de/
 Local cooperations
- Verkehrsgemeinschaft am Bayerischen Untermain - in north-western part of graticule
- Verkehrsunternehmens-Verbund Mainfranken (VVM) - in north-eastern part of graticule
- Verkehrsverbund Rhein-Neckar (VRN) - in western part of graticule
- Heilbronner Hohenloher Haller Nahverkehr (HNV) - south-western to eastern part of graticule
- KreisVerkehr Schwäbisch Hall (KVSH) - south-eastern part of graticule
For detailed information use e.g. http://www.nahverkehr.info/.