North Cascades National Park, Washington
|Surrey, British Columbia||Chilliwack, British Columbia||Princeton, British Columbia|
|Bellingham||North Cascades National Park||Lake Chelan|
Today's Location: [North Cascades National Park]
Mount Baker figures prominently in this mostly mountainous region. The National Park takes up a little less than one third of this graticule, which also contains towns of Darrington and Granite Falls. It is only crossed by one road, the North Cascades Highway.
- 2012-12-24 -- An accessible forest road near Lake Cavanaugh.
- 2010-08-21 -- Off a forestry road in Snoqualmie National Forest, near Echo Lake. Failed: no public access.
- 2009-06-18 -- Just northeast of Darrington. Failed: no trail access.
- 2009-04-17 -- Off a forestry road by a campground north of Darrington. Success!
- 2008-09-13 -- Off a forestry service road near Maple Falls. Failed: too steep.
- 2008-07-19 -- Just off the Mountain Loop Highway, near Granite Falls. Failed: private property.
- 2008-06-25 -- Failed due to too much snow.