|Victoria, British Columbia||Bellingham||North Cascades National Park|
|Olympic National Park||Seattle||Snoqualmie|
|Astoria, Oregon||Mt. St. Helens||Mt. Rainier|
Latest Coordinates and Map Quick-Links
|Thursday 2014-12-18||47.9323598, -122.1867795|
Today's Location: [Seattle, WA]
The Seattle, WA graticule is at latitude 47, longitude -122. It completely encloses the cities of Seattle, Tacoma, and Olympia, as well as the surrounding large cities. This graticule encloses most of the Puget Sound and essentially encompasses the major hub of western Washington.
38.44% Other Land/Fields 30.46% Water 14.73% Settlements 4.88% Natural reserves 4.75% Industrial/Military 4.01% Near roads 2.73% Near highways
If the geohash is close to shore, be sure to check the Tide Chart before you go.
Expedition planning is primarily on the discussion page.
Most recent (and future) geohashes on top, Saturday meetups in bold.
2014-12-07 47 -122 -- Next to someones house, near Hickman Park in Woodway, with a mystery field to the east.
2014-12-01 47 -122 -- Parking lot of a Lynnwood apartment complex.
2014-11-03 47 -122 -- Someones front yard off Blue Ridge Drive in Lynnwood.
2014-10-30 47 -122 -- A circular drive in downtown Bellevue.
2014-09-15 47 -122 -- Linden Ave N, just south of the Woodland Park Rose Garden (and Zoo).
2014-06-29 47 -122 -- In a road in the Port of Seattle, on Harbor Island.
2014-06-28 47 -122 -- A warehouse in Kent.
2014-06-12 47 -122 -- 11th ave NE, near Northgate.
2014-05-28 47 -122 -- Driveway for Chestnut Montessori School in Bellevue, close to 520 and Burgermaster.
2014-05-21 47 -122 -- A hillside off 95th Avenue in Bothell.
2014-05-17 47 -122 -- Just off the road leading into Hidden Valley, in Juanita.
2014-05-16 47 -122 -- Redmond Ridge East, just off the Woodpecker trail.
2014-04-08 47 -122 -- Between a trail and a stream in Lake Sammamish State Park.
2014-03-30 47 -122 -- In a road in an office park in Bothell
2014-03-12 47 -122 -- The backyard of (another) Jack in Wedgwood.
2014-03-11 47 -122 -- NW 80th Street in Ballard, between 21st and 22nd ave NW.
2014-02-21 47 -122 -- Behind the Polyclinic in downtown Seattle.
2014-02-12 47 -122 -- The backyard of 5517 37th Ave NE in Bryant.
2014-02-04 47 -122 -- The backyard of 16341 Interlake Ave North in Shoreline.
2014-02-03 47 -122 -- Magnuson Park, south of the Kite Hill and north of the Boat Launch.
2014-01-25 47 -122 -- On the grounds of Pinehurst K-8 School.
2014-01-16 47 -122 -- East of the Maltby Cafe down Paradise Lake Road.
2013-12-09 47 -122 -- Across the street from Cascadia CC near Bothell.
2013-11-24 47 -122 -- Someone ELSE's Redmond front
2013-11-16 47 -122 -- Someone's front yard in Bridle Trails, aka the Bellevue/Redmond area.
2013-11-10 47 -122 -- In a wood north of Lacey, part of a Multihash.
2013-11-03 47 -122 -- The back of an industrial building in SODO.
2013-10-28 47 -122 -- Near a house on 64th St. SE, just east of Lakeland Hills Way.
2013-10-21 47 -122 -- 2716 20th Ave S on Seattle's Beacon Hill.
2013-10-19 47 -122 -- Down a ravine just outside Bridgehaven, Olympic Peninsula.
2013-10-14 47 -122 -- On the street in front of Everett Christian School.
2013-10-01 47 -122 -- Down the railroad tracks in the Southcenter neighborhood.
2013-09-29 47 -122 -- In a residential street in Mountlake Terrace.
2013-09-15 47 -122 -- In a front lawn in Kirkland.
2013-09-07 47 -122 -- Inside a Rite-Aid across from Tacoma Community College
2013-08-29 47 -122 -- Adjoining the freeway in a residential lot near Shoreline.
2013-08-19 47 -122 -- Just inside the fence at Paine Field in Everett.
2013-08-15 47 -122 -- A relatively new neighborhood ("Oakpointe") near Auburn under a gibbous moon.
2013-08-03 47 -122 -- Saturday meetup in Broadview neighborhood, on Phinney between 120th and 122nd.
2013-07-14 47 -122 -- In some very overgrown woods in Kent near I-5 and S. 272nd St
2013-07-07 47 -122 -- On the beach in Steilacoom, just south of a park.
2013-06-25 47 -122 -- A parking strip in an apartment complex just off Bothell Way.
2013-06-16 47 -122 -- Alley behind an auto body shop in White Center.
2013-06-01 47 -122 -- Someone's front lawn in north Bellevue, near Microsoft (but ended up in Seattle).
2013-05-25 47 -122 -- Near the House of Awakened Culture, on Suquamish land, in Kitsap county.
2013-05-15 47 -122 -- In the Roosevelt Reservoir in North Seattle.
2013-04-21 47 -122 -- On the pitch at David Rodgers Park in Queen Anne, right in front of the goal.
2013-04-04 47 -122 -- A Federally Protected forest near Maltby.
2013-04-02 47 -122 -- Off 242nd Ave in Redmond, near the top of the bluff overlooking Duvall.
2013-03-28 47 -122 -- The southern boundary of a field in Kirkland.
2013-02-24 47 -122 -- Woods just behind someone's back fence, in south Bothell
2013-02-23 47 -122 -- A train yard in the Everett Boeing plant
2013-01-11 47 -122 -- Backyard in English Hill
2013-01-06 47 -122 -- Backyard in Shorewood (didn't end up happening)
2012-12-29 47 -122 -- Trees near Route 18 in Maple Valley
2012-12-18 47 -122 -- Private property near Crystal Lake in NE Woodinville
2012-12-15 47 -122 -- In a field near Useless Bay, south Whidbey Island
2012-12-12 47 -122 -- At the edge of an outbuilding in Edgewood.
2012-10-29 47 -122 -- The middle of Boren Ave near Stewart on Seattle's Capitol Hill.
2012-10-26 47 -122 -- The back corner of a property in Puyallup.
2012-10-22 47 -122 -- Just off 7th Street South in Kirkland, a neighborhood called Feriton.
2012-10-20 47 -122 -- Lawn at the end of a cul de sac in Steilacoom.
2012-10-09 47 -122 -- Private property in Bothell/Woodinville.
2012-10-08 47 -122 -- Just off SR 507 just inside JBLM Boundary not accessible to the public.
2012-09-24 47 -122 -- On the shoulder of 244th Ave NE in Sammammish, south of Redmond-Fall City road.
2012-09-20 47 -122 -- In a foggy Lynnwood park.
2012-09-18 47 -122 -- On North 62nd St, just West of Greenlake.
2012-09-17 47 -122 -- On a jogging/dog trail in Mill Creek.
2012-09-15 47 -122 -- The front yard of a house in Kent.
2012-09-09 47 -122 -- On a fence between an apartment complex and a duplex south of Tacoma.
2012-09-04 47 -122 -- On the road (37th NE) in Lake Forest Park, near the county line.
2012-08-25 47 -122 -- A house on 23rd Ave SW in Delridge, West Seattle.
2012-08-18 47 -122 -- A house on 141st Ave SE in Factoria.
2012-08-16 47 -122 -- Intersection of 51st and Latona NE in Seattle.
2012-08-15 47 -122 -- Field near a treeline on Whidbey Island. Failed :(
2012-08-10 47 -122 -- Just west of a wetland park near Mill Creek.
2012-08-04 47 -122 -- In the water -- alternate meetup at Licton Springs
2012-07-24 47 -122 -- The back corner of a house just north of Seattle
2012-07-22 47 -122 -- Up a driveway west of Bremerton (chickened out again)
2012-07-06 47 -122 -- Inside the Silverdale Best Buy
2012-07-04 47 -122 -- FREEDOMHASH!!!
2012-06-28 47 -122 -- A private driveway in Lynnwood
2012-06-23 47 -122 -- On the peninsula - alternate Math 'n' Stuff
2012-06-17 47 -122 -- Front of a large property east of Maltby (didn't end up happening)
2012-06-09 47 -122 -- A Chevron station in Tacoma, near Sprague and S. 11th. Multiple success.
2012-05-28 47 -122 -- A
backyard cliff in the Rainier Valley, near MLK and Graham. Failed.
2012-05-20 47 -122 -- In some nettles just off the road in west Auburn, in a partial solar eclipse. Success.
2012-05-19 47 -122 -- 100ft off the north tip of Mercer Island. Kayak success.
2012-05-04 47 -122 -- Someone's front yard in Madrona. Expedition did not happen.
2012-04-28 47 -122 -- Parking lot in a business park near Southcenter. Success.
2012-04-01 47 -122 -- View Ridge Park in North Seattle -- Big meetup success.
2012-03-24 47 -122 -- Meet at alternate site in Cowen Park, Seattle U-District.
2012-03-20 47 -122 -- Boggy thorn-guarded woods north of Kenmore -- Success.
2012-03-17 47 -122 -- Empty lot in Lake Stevens -- Success.
2012-03-15 47 -122 -- Residential street crossing a petroleum pipeline -- Success.
2012-02-25 47 -122 -- Just off the shore by the Duwamish Bikeway and Kellogg Island (near miss).
2012-02-20 47 -122 -- In a parking lot south of Port Orchard (near miss).
2012-02-11 47 -122 -- In Green Lake (!!) , just offshore from Aurora and 70th (failure)
2011-12-13 47 -122 -- In front of a Subway in Redmond.
2011-09-27 47 -122 -- On the track at Skyview Junior High in Bothell.
2011-08-12 47 -122 -- Geohash in the back yard of a residential home.
2011-05-09 47 -122 -- On the grounds of the Seattle Times North Creek facility.
2011-01-27 47 -122 -- In the Emergency Vehicle Turnaround off I-405.
2011-01-24 47 -122 -- On Tukwila Parkway between I-405 and Southcenter Mall.
All older expeditions.
|Marcy earned the Virgin Graticule Achievement|
| The Seattle, Washington graticule (47 -122) earned the Most Active Graticule achievement
| The Seattle, Washington graticule (47 -122) earned the Most Active Graticule achievement
...along with several monthly awards.
 Local Geohashers
- User:AnuCash is secret Seattle based ninja. Will come to next meetup without divulging their identity. Go Dinosaurs!
- AeroIllini lives in the Capitol Hill area of Seattle.
- Angelina lives on Capitol Hill and wishes she had a boat to facilitate accuracy.
- Austin Spafford is getting a GPS receiver in the mail, and is eager to attend any local meetings.
- Ben lives in Puyallup.
- Bluesheep would be happy to join in a few saturdays this summer!
- Brakos is trapped in Port Orchard, but should be able to escape if there's a Kitsap geohash one of these days.
- bmvaughn lives in Ballard but has only a simple GPS on his blackberry.
- Cahlroisse is most often free Saturdays until around 6 or 6:30. I also know a few other people who read the comic who I'm sure I can rope into coming with me sometimes.
- Catherio moves to Boston in August.
- User:chronomex will come within reasonable busing range from central Seattle.
- ColinMacLeod lives in View Ridge, but doesn't have a GPS.
- Dave LeCompte Drove past [the May 28th] location. I might make Saturday meetups if they're convenient to 405.
- David is new to the Geohashing, and XKCD for that matter. Looking to make it to a meet soon.
- Christian Campbell
- Dravendaughter lives in Bellevue and is just plain amazing. She also has Apples to Apples.
- Drewloid lives near Duvall and nearer to the the border between the Seattle and Snoqualmie graticules.
- Eehk lives right on the border between this and the Snoqualmie graticules.
- Emperor is in the South Seattle area
- Farlox is in downtown and is willing to head out to any scenic route on a saturday.
- FiveOfOh attends SPU, and will be around occasionally during the summer, and just might make a meetup if it's convenient.
- geekxx has an airplane which could make for some interesting adventures, and the ability to travel to other graticules.
- google has a phone with GPS and is willing to travel anywhere within 20 miles of Lake Washington.
- Greg has a Twister set!
- grishnav moved to Seattle from Portland, where he dabbled in Geohashing before. Hope to see you guys soon!
- Harlequin lives halfway between redmond and the middle of nowhere.
- HarlequinsDad lives less than 1 mile from the July 3rd hash location. Probably older than you.
- Jack lives in downtown Seattle and has a very small boat for geohashes on Lake Washington.
- Jedipus is eagerly awaiting his geocaching time this summer.
- Jim McKeeth is in the Everett area (north). Frequently busy on Saturdays, but willing when it works out.
- kckd wrote the Geohash application for the iPhone.
- Kevin would like to Geohash from his home in Bellevue, but gas prices say otherwise until he gets a better job.
- Leoger lives in Cap Hill and is willing to go a reasonable distance and maybe carpool.
- Litho lives in Bremerton and works in Seattle.
- Marcy lives in Olympia, and sometimes visits Seattle on weekends. She's hoping to find other xkcd people in the southern part of this graticule.
- Mizu is a geosciences major at PLU in Tacoma. She may be spotted mumbling incoherently about granitic intrusions while ambling about most of Western Washington.
- mrbene has a bicycle and a downtown location and a bus pass. I'm pretty good at converting satellite views into physical location, from memory, a habit that feeds into itself.
- Narfy Lives in Seattle and may want to try and be active again!
- NMcCoy lives in Tacoma and has limited access to transportation, but needs to get out more.
- Nukewaste Lives in Bremerton, and refuses to talk about himself in third person. ...dammit!
- origo lives in Kent (relocating to Tacoma this fall) and may attend convenient meetups given that they occur on weekends. Has a healthy appreciation for pie.
- OtherJack just realized he should add himself here. Lives in Maple Leaf / Roosevelt ish, but about to move around the lake to Phinney Ridge.
- P4r4digm Lives in Ballard, long time xkcd-fanatic, first time geohasher. Nexus in hand and hat on head let's do this.
- Peter thinks this is the most challenging graticules for metropolitan areas.
- Rainst0rm sometimes brings the party favors.
- RedBeard lives in Shoreline, and has a ballpit in his house.
- Rocketgeek just relocated from the high nothing of California.
- SalusaSecondus lives in Queen Anne and denies everything.
- Shriver lives in Roosevelt and neglects to mention his part in the military/industrial complex.
- Sparkamusprime lives in Duvall and denies that SalusaSecondus is in denial.
- SparroHawc lives in Renton. He agrees with Peter; the Puget Sound will make things interesting for us.
- Stalefries lives in Everett, but will attend WWU in the fall. So I'll be hopping between the Seattle and Bellingham graticules.
- T. Management lives in Port Orchard and works for Goodwill, which eats up most of his Saturdays.
- Thom lives in Ballard and works in Bothell.
- Traveller just got a shiny new Android phone and isn't afraid to use it.
- Trevor lives in Auburn and hopes a meeting will be nearby someday.
- Tyson Just installed the geohash app on his iPhone and is looking to explore.
- Vinay lives in Renton and should be able to make the meetups if they're close by.
- Whiskers lives on Queen Anne and may come if the location can be reached by bus. Also, can bake delicious things.
- Widdershins has a reliable GPS. As far as games go, airsoft might be an extremely fun option for many locations.
- Kellsbells is a UW student, has quite a bit of geocaching experience (complete with GPS!), and a lot of free time.
- Akari.Blue lives on the Kitsap Peninsula and loves geocaching.. Might try to find some geohash spots some Saturdays!
- Nokooose Lives in Lakewood, new to geocaching, will try to make it to an expedition. Have motorcycle, will travel.
 First Thursday Club
On the first Thursday of each month, all the major museums in Seattle are free. This would be a good time to get some culture, and maybe meet up with some people who like XKCD. Check the websites for current exhibits, to plan which ones you care to visit.
- Seattle Art Museum Downtown Seattle 10 AM - 9 PM
- Seattle Asian Art Museum Capitol Hill 10 AM - 9 PM
- Museum of History and Industry Capitol Hill 10 AM - 8 PM
- Burke Museum of Natural History University District 10 AM - 8 PM
- Henry Art Gallery University District 11 AM - 8 PM
- Museum of Flight South Seattle/Tukwila 5 PM - 9 PM
Everyday free museums that are free everyday