The Toulouse graticule is at latitude 43N and longitude 1E. It encloses the whole metropolitan area of Toulouse (Haute-Garonne), barely scratches the edge of the southern surburbs of Montauban (Tarn-et-Garonne), expands to the south all the way past Pamiers (Ariège), stopping just before Saint-Girons and Foix, covers Castelnaudary (Aude) in the east, and ends several kilometers after L'Isle-Jourdain (Gers) in the east. In the northeast, it cuts Graulhet (Tarn) in half, includes Gaillac but leaves Albi out. Thus, it touches 6 departments in total, the highest number out of all the graticules in the Occitanie region.
Other notable towns include Auterive and Lavaur. It contains the artifical Lac de la Ganguise, as well as a good part of Forêt Domaniale de Grésigne (where one can find beautiful villages such as Puycelsi and Castelnau-Montmiral).
Locations and geohashes
- 2012-03-09 43 1 - Paul Kauphart - in Colomiers
- 2019-03-26 43 1 - Epingchris - on a rural road near Dieupentale, north of Toulouse
- 2019-04-25 43 1 - Epingchris - again on a rural road near Dieupentale, north of Toulouse
- Paul Kauphart: new to GeoHashing, on his way to a virgin graticule achievement.
- Epingchris: another newcomer, with his first achievement on March 2019.