Today's location: not yet announced
The Indianapolis graticule is at latitude 39, longitude -86. This graticule includes most of Marion County, as well as Bloomington, home of IU. It also has all of Lake Monroe, which is the largest lake in the state.
2009-11-19 39 -86 -- In the Wilson Sports Complex, near the tennis courts. As this is ridiculously close to their home (but just 77 meters too far for a Couch Potato Geohash honorable mention), Erik and Kira make a quick visit. Also their geocaching friend Mouse! stopped by.
2009-09-09 39 -86 -- In the middle of the street in a suburban neighborhood a couple miles southwest of Bloomington. Erik is going to try and convince Kira to try for a very slow Speed Racer Achievement sometime this evening.
2009-08-10 39 -86 -- In front of a home in suburban Indianapolis
2009-03-28 39 -86 -- On the corner of a golf course in Bloomington
2009-03-17 39 -86 -- A few miles east of Bloomington, on the way to Nashville
2008-09-06 39 -86 -- North of Indianapolis in the Bridgefield subdivision near 79th and Ditch
2008-08-30 39 -86 -- Near Lake Monroe, 6 miles SW of Bloomington. Kira, Erik, Neeraj and Duncan were there at roughly 4:15pm. Appeared to be technically private property, so we knocked on the nearest house's front door and asked permission before trudging through their "backyard". Much thanks!
2008-05-25 39 -86 -- The first time an Indianapolis geohash is reached, almost: in someone's front yard.
2008-05-23 39 -86 -- North-west of Gosport, in a forest behind a farmer's field. Suso came here on Saturday, but it was on private property. This may be the first one in this graticule to be attempted.
 Special Events
- For all of you looking to gain the Bill Gates Achievement, scottkuma has compiled a KML file of possible geohash locations for the 2010 Indianapolis 500.
 Local Geohashers
- Eoban might come Saturday if it's anywhere around Bloomington
- Tim might turn up on a Saturday if it's anywhere near Indy
- Evan might turn up on a Saturday if it's anywhere near Bloomington
- Another Evan might show up on Saturday if it's anywhere near Bloomington, and reachable without using a GPS.
- Eli might turn up if he's off work.
- Dan might turn up on a Saturday, schedule and good location permitting.
- Suso might show up if its a Saturday or Sunday and close to Bloomington.
- Josh might show up if it is in Indy and someone points where the location is.
- Anthony might show up if it's near Indy on a Saturday or Sunday.
- Erik might show up if it's near Bloomington on a Saturday or some other day if it's actually in Bloomington (and he remembers to check).
- Mike might show up unless he gets lost due to the fact that he's using the googlemaps app and not an actual GPS.
- Kehla will show up from time to time, and if she does, she'll bring cookies.
- Nick might show up on Saturdays if it's nice out, maybe with a friend.
- Evan might show up if its near Plainfield
- Amy will most likely be there on Saturday if her mom ungrounds her. She also might bring a friend, but only if it's not more than a half hour away from Avon/Plainfield area.
- Zach would like to show up if he can afford the gas.
- Mackenzie will show up if it's near Bloomington and she remembers to check.
- Mouse might show up if Erik happens to point out that it is near Bloomington.
- Alex might turn up on weekends if another point isn't closer
- Jessi might turn up on weekend if another point isn't closer