- Allentown, Pennsylvania redirects here
|Berwick||Scranton||Newburgh, New York|
|Harrisburg||Allentown, Pennsylvania||Newark, New Jersey|
|Baltimore, Maryland||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania||Atlantic City, New Jersey|
|District of Columbia||Salisbury, Maryland||Cape May, New Jersey|
Philadelphia is split between two primary graticules, as the city is bisected by the 40th parallel. The southern Philadelphia graticule is at 39 N, -75 W. The northern graticule is at 40 N, -75 W. Parts of the Far Northeast are in the Newark, New Jersey graticule, and many of the South Jersey suburbs are in the Atlantic City, New Jersey graticule; those may be more convenient to get to for some people, depending on the coordinates of the day.
Come visit the Geohash - Philadelphia Facebook group.
 Today's Locations
 Areas within the North Graticule
- Half of Philadelphia, including Northwest Philadelphia, North Philadelphia north of approximately Allegheny Avenue, and most of Northeast Philadelphia
- About half of Chester County
- Most of Montgomery, Bucks, and Berks Counties, including Reading, Doylestown, Norristown, and most of the Main Line
- All of the Lehigh Valley
- Most of Carbon and Monroe Counties
- Small parts of Luzerne and Pike Counties
- New Jersey
- Parts of Hunterdon and Warren Counties
 Areas within the South Graticule
- Half of Philadelphia, including Center City, South Philadelphia, West Philadelphia, and North Philadelphia south of approximately Allegheny Avenue
- Most of Delaware and Chester Counties
- All of New Castle County including Wilmington and Newark
- Most of Kent County including Dover
- Most of Delaware Bay
- Most of Cecil County, and parts of Kent, Queen Anne's, and Caroline Counties
- New Jersey
- Parts of Camden County including Camden and Haddonfield
- Parts of Gloucester and Cumberland Counties
- All of Salem County
(The South Graticule is one of 14 (or so) known graticules to span 4 US states.)
 Local Geohashers
- jake is in Willow Grove, cycle equiped, and has a portable grill.
- Casey is in Philly and willing to visit geohashes in the city.
- TLP is here, but lazy and car-less. Will attempt (very) nearby hashes.
- Olorwen is also here, but also currently car-less. Will attempt some Delaware hashes!
- cpthomp is here in Newark, and has a car, up for Delaware, PA, MD hashes
- cshulse is in Philadelphia and is hoping for a Saturday Meetup between 39.5 and 40.5 because gas is quite pricey these days.
- rkweicker lives in Philly - and will definitely hit up any hashes that are in and around the city.
- tjs204 lives in Bethlehem - goes to Lehigh - and is quite un-car'd. Will attempt any local, Bethlehem area Meet-Ups
- TheWaySheGoes is in Philadelphia and ready to give hashing a try! Bicycle and car equipt up for all kinds of hashes.
- Skavoovee is in Collegeville and would love to give this a shot! Has a car and is willing to drive around a bit!
- rseasmith is in the Bethlehem area near Lehigh University. Every now and then he'll check the site to see if any are close to him.
- TexasDex is in Philly but is without car until... probably a long time. I'd happily attempt a meetup that is SEPTA/bike accessible; other meetings probably not, unless my car-owning XKCD friend is interested.
- IchiroKatsuo is smack-dab in the middle of south jersey, and is another car-less 'hasher. will also attemt some AC geohashes, cause he's within walking distance of the border.
- Jsharpminor is a musician in the Allentown area who had seen the Geohashing comic and didn't think much of it until 24 July 2008...now he's interested in possibly doing some meetups!
- Chris is a Jerseyite in the North region who caught the bug on July 24th, 2008 with his first hash! Has a car! Range extends with interest!
- Kyla can't believe Chris got her into this. From the Bethlehem area, owns a car, recognizable by a black fedora.
- Peppage Lives in south Jersey and is ready to drive/go exciting places.
- Jevanyn lives in Somerville, and is a supporter of the Museum of Art (the one with the Rocky statue), so he's in the city on occasion.
- Madmaxie hails from the Spring Garden neighborhood, has an aging road bike, lives a block from a beer distributor, and will gladly bring slightly warm, shaken-up refreshments to a meeting, along with a frisbee and an iPod laden with horrible 80's music.
- Blastercorps Car-equipped newbie to geohashing, will go to any nearby locations.
- RugbyBeef is in University City, Prius equipped with GPS, and is hoping to make this a routine thing.
 Attempted Geohashes
- Friday, September 24, 2010 -- Success! Details: 2010-09-24 40 -75
- Sunday, March 7, 2010
- Monday, December 7, 2009
- Friday, December 4, 2009
- Friday, November 27, 2009
- Saturday, May 9, 2009
- Saturday, January 10, 2009
- Saturday, January 3, 2009
- Saturday, December 6, 2008
- Saturday, October 18, 2008
- Saturday, September 6, 2008
- Saturday, July 12, 2008
- Saturday, June 28, 2008
- There seems to have been an expedition to 2008-06-07 40 -75 as well (was not linked).