|Placerville, California||South Lake Tahoe, California||Hawthorne|
Today's location: not yet announced
Today's Location: [Reno, Nevada]
The Reno, Nevada graticule is at latitude 39, longitude -119. It completely encloses Reno, Sparks, Carson City, Fernley, Dayton, and Incline Village. The most extreme northern portions of Yerington are also included, as well as the northeastern third of Lake Tahoe. There are innumerable small towns, ghost towns, hiking trails, fire roads, and the occasional legal brothel to be found.
The graticule is about 90% land, albeit mountainous. Rock climbers, hikers, ATV enthusiasts, and fans of stark desert landscapes will enjoy geohashing here. On the recreational water bodies front, the graticule encloses Lahontan Reservoir, Washoe Lake, the southern half of Pyramid Lake, and the aforementioned portion of Lake Tahoe.
All the interested northern Nevada people -- bring friends, games and water.
- User:Fo0bar - Reno.
- User:Moose_Hole - Washoe Valley, will try to get to Saturday meetups, if I'm not sleeping.
- User:Paveman - Sparks. Will try to get to Saturday meetups, if the location is reasonably accessible.
- User:Tashabot - Doesn't have a car right now but will bike to anywhere reasonably near Carson City.
- User:Blunger1 - Brand new to Geohashing. Will be trying it out in the Reno-Sparks area.
 Recent Hashes
- 2013-09-30: 39.2919608, -119.7504018 - Just outside of town south of Reno. (about 30m or 20 miles by car from Reno, Nevada)
- 2013-09-02: 39.6028551, -119.8134778 - Housing development north of Reno (about 15m or 5 miles by car from Reno, Nevada)
 Old Meetup Planning
The Independence Day holiday weekend has arrived, and northern Nevada knows how to party. Geo hash planning for the three-day weekend is up for discussion at the Reno, Nevada talk page. Reno and Sparks put on fantastic fireworks shows, the latter synchronized to a patriotic musical soundtrack. The music will be played on KOH AM 780, so Lee Greenwood will get his once-a-year royalty.
- 2008-07-04: 39.413007, -119.731143 - Grayslake Road, south Reno (about 19 min or 11 miles by car from Reno, Nevada)
- The 4th of July location is actually in Reno, near a road!
 Old Hashes
- 2008-06-21: 39.979317, -119.613963 - Western Pyramid Lake (about 55 min or 39.5 miles by car from Reno, Nevada)
- This looks like it's actually in the lake. There seems to be a nearby campsite, so we may be able to borrow a boat or I may be able to find a small raft in my garage. Perhaps we could use the 38,-119 (South Lake Tahoe, California) graticule instead?
- 2008-06-15: 39.806746, -119.038887 - Northwest tip of Rattlesnake Mountain, toward the base but on a cliff face (about 12 min or 5 miles by car from Reno, Nevada)
- 2008-06-14: 39.806746, -119.038887 - Range land (looks to be in the sand dunes) approximately 19 miles northeast of Fernley (about 58 min or 54 miles by car from Reno, Nevada)
- 2008-06-07: 39.501784229045, -119.114370840919 - BLM land 9 miles northeast of Silver Springs (about 1h 12min or 49 miles by car from Reno, Nevada)
- 2008-05-31: 39.0374870832648067, -119.2812664767643918 - Ranch land northwest of Yerington (about 2h or 83 miles by car from Reno, Nevada)
- 2008-05-26: 39.673128, -119.607309 - Ranch land northeast of Spanish Springs (about 1h or 21 miles by car from Reno, Nevada)
|user:Paveman earned the Virgin Graticule Achievement|
 Getting Around
While Nevadans are familiar with the basic rules of BLM lands, some things bear repeating.
- "The boundaries between grazing allotments are fenced as are the boundaries between public and private land. On higher volume roads there will be a "cattle-guard" on the road which is passable by vehicles but not by cattle. Lower volume roads will have a gate across the road. Always leave the gate in the same condition as you found it - if open leave it open, if closed make sure you close it behind you. Gates leading into private land will sometimes be locked or marked with a "No Trespassing" sign, in which case you should respect the property owner's wishes and find another way to get where you want to go." (Source: )