St. Louis, Missouri
|Hannibal||Jacksonville, Illinois||Springfield, Illinois|
|Washington||St. Louis||Belleville, Illinois|
The St. Louis graticule is at latitude 38, longitude -90. It includes the St. Louis metropolitan area as well as parts of Franklin, Jefferson, and St. Charles counties.
The first so-called "activity" was on May 25, 2008. It was done by Drew and Mike. Nothing happened, we were just bored. For the record, this was not a full-fledged meetup. It was just something to do.
- 2008-05-25 - Drew and Mike made the first attempt at this graticule, but it was on private property.
- 2008-07-12 - Somebody anonymous claims to have visited the geohash, which would be the first successful expedition in this graticule.
- 2012-03-01 - niffrig and aemoore365 reached a hash in the city of O'Fallon near Mexico Road.
- 2012-04-05 - RocketMac is in town visiting from Milwaukee.
- 2012-05-24 - Kbh3rd heads for the hashpoint, but turns back for fear of chiggers.
- 2012-06-18 - RocketMac is back in town visiting from Milwaukee. Went hiking and found a geocache.
- 2012-08-04 - Kbh3rd speeds through a hash point.
- 2012-10-27 - An easy location on a pretty day in a nice public space. Who could resist?
- 2013-01-23 - Team Tismon I noticed that today's was fairly close to our way home. So after picking up the rest of the team, we set out and had few issues other than a long light and a muddy field.
- 2013-01-28 - Team Tismon Eh, why not. I've got a few minutes at lunch.
- 2013-03-16 - Team Tismon I said that I was going to, just didn't expect to do it so late.
- 2013-08-03 - Vik-Thor visited a hash on a driveway.
- 2014-02-22 - Kbh3rd and wife found a hash in the woods.
- 2015-02-07 - Kbh3rd and wife went to where the buffalo roam.
- 2015-09-26 - Kbh3rd and wife found a spot in the woods that looks just like the other spots in the woods.
Someone in St. Ann, Mo on Sims Ave potentially won the Couch Potato Geohash award on August 29th, 2008.
Total Solar Eclipse in the Southern area of the graticule August 21st, 2017.
2008-07-12 - Unknown geohashers report meeting in Missouri Botanical Garden.
|An anonymous geohasher earned the Virgin Graticule Achievement|
NOTE:The first successful expedition was claimed by an unknown individual, who never provided any evidence. Thus, this Virgin graticule award could be disputed.
- A. Chivetta
- Chesto- Actually in Shiloh IL, but St. Louis has more activity.
- The Dave
- Ender4978 - Geohash virgin, but hopefully fixing that soon. Border of Jefferson and St. Louis County.
- LSLGuy - New as of 2012-10
- Marsupial Vomit - keeps getting disappointed at all the August coordinates
- MToolen - has a limited range mostly to Madison County
- niffrig - Has written a Geohash app for Google Glass. Ask him about it if you'd like.
- The DL - is ALSO a Geo Hash virgin in St. Louis County
- Wise Guy - is a Geo Hash virgin in St. Louis County
- Team Tismon
2008-11-15 - Enigmocracy planned to be there with benbw
2009-06-13 Ender4978 plan on being there, possibly with others.
2009-06-13 Diceman plans on being there. Perhaps with my wife (She might not find out that "the internet decided where we will go" until we actually get there.) It looks like this weeks Hash is right next to a creek in JeffCo.