Santa Rosa, California
From Geo Hashing
(Redirected from 38,-122)
|Bodega Bay||Santa Rosa||Sacramento|
|Farallon Islands||San Francisco||San Jose|
Today's location: not yet announced
Today's Location: [Map]
The Santa Rosa, California graticule is at latitude 38, longitude -122. It includes most of Marin, Sonoma, and Napa Counties, and major cities Napa and Vallejo.
|Sylvia, Javier, Tian, Casey, Paul, Cameron, Adam, Kevin, Katherine, and Brandon (cameraman) earned the Virgin Graticule Achievement|
- 2008-05-24 10 people reach the coordinates for this graticule's 1st expedition.
- 2008-10-25 This point was located in a field near Skaggs Island Road, which was evocatively littered with shell casings and fast food debris. Point demarcated in photo by intrepid pair, one hatted, one not.
- 2010-01-16 JBQ traveled from the San Francisco graticule to reach a point right by the beach in Point Reyes National Seashore
- 2013-01-27 Up the Olema Valley Trail, just off Highway 1, in the Point Reyes National Seashore park.
 Interesting coordinates nobody went to
- 2008-05-26 Located inside Robert Louis Stevenson State Park; about seven miles north of Calistoga.
- There's a note about a park monument to when Robert Louis Stevenson took his honeymoon here. The entrance to the park is probably nearby, and the geohash point is about 1-2 miles almost north of there.
- It appears that Castiloga has an "Old Faithful" geyser.
- The park encloses (but seems to not contain?) the Mt St Helena peak. The geohash location is on the side of the mountain, only about 1950 feet elevation.
- 2008-06-26 Located on Raegan Way in Santa Rosa, not too far from 4th Street. Anyone going?
- 2008-07-26 Only 400 ft from the official location (which was in a fenced off vineyard), three separate groups, for a total of 7 attendees, met in Springwood Park in Napa. Games consisted of Tsuro, Ra, Uno, and Frisbee. Refreshments included peanut butter cookies, soda, and string cheese.
- 2008-08-03 a point about a mile from the road, dead west of Novato. User:CipherSwarm is attempting this one in a few hours: if no one hears back, send a search party ;)
- 2008-08-24 Point located on private property, however, access might be obtained by politely asking rancher. There is a PG&E road that goes almost to the point. Elevation is 1200'. With aerial photo, you can see road with turn around for vehicles as well as the stone bbq pit area.