|San Antonio||San Marcos||El Campo|
The Austin, Texas graticule is located around latitude 30, longitude -97. This area is mostly land, but does include a number of lakes. The graticule contains a mix of both urban and country locations which should lead to an interesting mix of meeting places.
Today's Location: [Austin, TX]
most recent first
- 2014-05-10: randomdune attempts to find a hash, but finds it in the middle of a field
- 2013-06-14: Gerti and Alex reach a hash in an upscale neigborhood.
- 2012-10-16: Yamaplos says: Today's the easiest I've seen in a while, Walnut Creek preserve, between 290 and Old Manor, East of 183. Might drop by on my way to class
- 2011-05-07: William picks off an easy one in a boring, lonely manner.
- 2009-10-21: Lkearbey thinks it's more about the journey than the destination.
- 2008-05-27: s3g2 goes from 70 mph to 0 as quickly and safely as possible.
- 2008-05-24: Meat.Paste and mrusso just missed each other.
- 2008-05-23: Sigma found it convient to head to this geohash.
- 2008-05-21: Shinwa reached this hash-in-the-wild and snapped photos.
- sheu 01/02/2010. If there's one geohash that 'should' happen, it's should be first official one of the year. Accessibility looks fine; it's about 4 mile south of Mansfield Dam (west of Westlake). According to the Google maps satellite image, it's on unbuilt land about a hundred feet off Palisades Pkwy ([linky]. There's probably already something built there by now, but the road is a still a decent meetup location.
- 02 January 2010, after-action report: just me, my laptop, and a fruitless search for unsecured wireless. I hung around for about an hour -- I guess definitions of "probably be there" vary.
- mthreat 01/02/2010. I agree, this location looks good, I will probably be there. Update: I was there, but I left just after 4pm, I had to go somewhere - sorry. The area was beautiful.
- nblasier 12/25/2009? We're a city full of people orphaned from their families, therefore free of holiday obligations. On Christmas the city is ours! I just heard of this and it seems like a lot of fun, even if I'm apparently 1 yr+ behind its inception. I'm interested in pretty much all days between 12/24 and 12/26.
- Noname Never done this before; thought I might give it a try if the location's convenient. Anyone going 8/2/08?
- Moonwick I'm thinking of trying to make it out for 5/24/08 at 4PM; anyone else going to be there? :)
- mrusso I'm in for some Saturdays at 4PM. I'll post on my profile page if I'm going to make it.
- Dustbin Saturdays at 4PM sounds good
- Shinwa I'll be out on Saturdays, and most weekdays (after 5). I hope to see people there!
- JeWeY I can make it this Friday (5-23-2008) shortly after 5
- Meat.Paste I showed a little late at the saturday meetup, but no one was there.
- icicole I'd be up for the official meetup this Saturday (5/31). I also would be up for any lunchtime picnicky meetups during the week, especially if they're in the southeastern quadrant (I work near ABIA).
- s3g2 will try to make himself available for Saturday meetups and any other convenient hashes.
- Jon the Geek has a conflict most Saturdays at 4, but will work on remedying that.
- Peekay I may be there at 4 PM for the 31st; more likely to make it to the weekend after that.
- Eddo Work 9-5 Mon-Fri but am always looking for great stuff to do on the weekends!
- Scherzade and two other Jacksonville, FL XKCD fans will be in the Austin, TX graticule on Saturday, 8/16. We would love to meet up if you guys are going to be there.
- Q Just got back to Austin.
- Tdsfp Arrived on 8/25/08 for college, hoping to meet some fellow Geo Hashers in the coming months.
- Gimmickless Relocating from (26, -80) in May '09.
- Lkearbey I just stumbled across this recently but I'd be interested in Sat meetups if anyone else is though it looks like this area has been quiet for a while.
- Outer_Bongolia 01/02/2010 will be my first. I hope I won't be too late for the 4pm meeting.
|Shinwa earned the Virgin Graticule Achievement|