The New Orleans Graticule
New Orleans is split among 4 graticules NW (30,-90) NE (30,-89) SW (29,-90) SE (29,-89). Because all 4 graticules contain large amounts of water (Lake Pontchartrain and the Gulf of Mexico), whenever it comes time to choose a location suitable for meeting, the closest to New Orleans that is not located in a body of water should be chosen.
Expedition categories: Category:Meetup in 30 -90, Category:Meetup in 30 -89, Category:Meetup in 29 -90 and Category:Meetup in 29 -89.
 Neighboring Graticules
 Alternative Meeting Points
Because New Orleans is a Split city and is surrounded by water and swamp, an alternative meeting point may be useful for most meet ups.
Alternative meeting points may also include bars, parks or other interesting locations around New Orleans. Please suggest alternatives here:
 NE graticule
 SW graticule
 Local Geohashers
- DemosDemon will try to make most of them over the summer, if not the Baton Rouge or Lafayette graticules.
- Dziban probably won't bother due to the marshy characteristics of the region and the high price of gasoline. You go ahead, though.
- mtastic thinks this is a cool idea and might show up to a meetup if it happens to be within city limits.
- Jorge would love to go to one of the locations provided by one of the 4 graticules, provided they're not in the backwater swamp.
- Not_Dice will keep his eye on the Saturday graticules for any interesting locations.
- anaraug never knows if he'll show up or not.
- Atreides will try to make any of them that aren't in water, provided they are in the northeastern section.