|Port Lavaca||Freeport||Gulf of Mexico|
The Houston, Texas graticule is located around latitude 29, longitude -95. This area is mostly land, with only a small portion of Galveston Bay and the Gulf of Mexico in its southeast corner. The graticule contains a large portion of Harris County including all points inside Sam Houston Toll Road/Beltway 8, most of Fort Bend and Brazoria Counties, and a small portion of Galveston County. There is a category of all of our geohashes, their pages, and the maps of the locations.
 Notable Dates
May 24, 2008 - the first Saturday after the launch
|A group (which may include Photosinensis, Pturing, and/or Bscott) earned the Virgin Graticule Achievement|
July 10, 2009 - Dreadnought3000 got close outside the gates to the geohash property.
August 15, 2009 - Houston, Texas right in between the beltway 8 and the feeder road. was my first geohash-- Tenari
 Considered geohashes
2008-05-26 - The location for this day is literally someone's backyard. Kinda interesting. --Photosinensis 03:19, 25 May 2008 (UTC)
 Local Geohashers
- Phineas is now enjoying geohashing in this graticule
- pturing is planning to attend Saturday May 24th
- Hgraves plans on coming out soon..
- BigJ, Tophat and Tony tried to make it, but due to car death were unable to.
- photosinensis may or may not make it. The location seems a bit remote.
- bscott is planning on coming out Sat. May 24th
- superprofundo wants to play, but not this weekend.
- Amy will be in Houston next week, but probably won't be able to get away from her friends long enough to make it.
- Newly created Facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=119920572392