Latest Coordinates and Map Quick-Links
|Thursday 2014-04-24||25.9366848, -80.4022729|
|Fort Myers||Palm Beach||26,-79|
|Marco Island||Miami||Bimini, The Bahamas|
|Key West||Islamorada||Caribbean Sea|
Today's Location: [Miami, Florida]
Unfortunately, the Miami graticule (25° N, 80° W) is primarily taken up by water and the Everglades (downside of living in a tropical paradise). That is, on any given day, most geohashes cannot be reached without either a (normal) boat or an airboat. Below are listed some of the recent geohashes to give an idea of accessibility.
 Local Geohashers
Gimmickless - No GPS, but has car for four. Based in Fort Lauderdale, toils at Miami Int'l Airport.
Zer088 - has four wheels and white iPhone 3G.
Screahingturtle - A turtle with four wheels.
The_Flashbot - Has a turtle with four wheels and can use google maps.
Floating_Shark - A student at the University of Miami, will try to implement Geohashing if I can find xkcd fans with cars.
 Current or upcoming
 Completed geohashes
- 2010-11-07 -- In the middle of a two-lane road, in the Everglades. Rhonda and Million zillion completed a tandem Speed Racer achievement.
- 2009-06-28 -- In a Publix supermarket in Miami Lakes. Luckily indoors as it was storming. Dtobias, Million zillion, and aperfectring all showed up for South Florida's first 3-person meetup.
- 2009-05-30 -- In the street next to a Starbucks at Lincoln Road Mall. The scenery was nice; the weather was lousy.
- 2008-11-05 -- Located in south Kendall on top of a house just off 100th SW Circle and 122nd Ave. Gimmickless was there at 1630-1700, listening to All Things Considered.
- 2008-10-02 -- Located just off the southwestern tip of Miami Int'l. Airport's runway. Gimmickless and Zer088 met at this hash on 1630 and caught an airplane with the aid of creative photography.
 Past locations considered
- 2008-05-21 -- Wooded portion of the everglades less than a mile North of the shoreline and about a quarter-mile west of the Dade-Monroe county line. Near a wind farm? So says google earth.
- 2008-05-22 -- Continuing to skirt the edges of Miami-Dade county, this geohash is not 100 meters North of county line road in the vicinity of Calder racecourse and a mile North of Dolphins stadium. Not a recommended walk, as it is in the middle of a ten lane highway.
- 2008-05-23 -- Middle of nowhere in the Everglades. About 9 miles west of the nearest development and 2.5 miles south of a road. Nearest landmark is Long Pine Key to the east.
- 2008-05-24 -- Again, middle of nowhere in the water among the keys. About a mile east of uninhabited Park Key and 2.5 miles south of Tern Key.
- 2008-05-25 -- Finally, a good location. Freakishly close to Geohasher (and author) Alex's house. In the median of the bend in Miami Garden's Dr. in North Miami Beach. About 300 meters SW of Snake Creek. Less than 1/2 mile east of I-95.
- 2008-05-26 -- Another middle of Everglades location. About 7.5 miles West of the Hammocks. No nearby road apparent (in Google Earth).
- 2008-05-27 -- Offshore about 12 miles SSE of North Key Largo. No nearby landmarks besides Carysfort Reef Light 7 miles to the West.
- 2008-05-28 -- In the water again, but more accessible by boat. In the intracoastal halfway between Coral Gables and Key Biscayne.
- 2008-05-29 -- ::Sigh:: Offshore again, about 9 miles east of Elliot Key. Some good wreck diving in the area, thats about it.
- 2008-05-30 -- Back to the city. A geohash smack in the middle of the suburbs. West Little River at NW 87 st and NW 29 Ave. SE of Hialeah. The parking lot of an office complex.
- 2008-05-31 -- More wreck diving. 10 miles SE of US1 at John Pennekamp State Park and Key Largo.
- 2008-06-01 -- Way out in the 'glades. About 3 miles West of the County Line and 2 miles North of Roberts River Chickee, the nearest landmark.
- 2008-06-02 -- Way out in Redland, in the middle of a citrus grove. SW 202 Ave @ SW 272 st.
- 2008-06-18 -- About 20km east the Key Largo shoreline. There was a suggested alternate location right off US1 in Largo. Maybe come Saturday, we'll get something reachable.
- 2008-07-27 -- OMG, WTF. A few blocks south of Lincoln road on South Beach, near the actual beach. In the front lawn of Fienberg Elementary. Someone do this hash!
- 2010-06-12 (Saturday) - A chance for a Golf geohash achievement as it falls on a golf course in Miami Beach. In fact, it's right at the tee for hole 4 at Miami Beach Golf Club.
- 2011-09-27 (Tuesday) - Along a residential street leading to the bayshore, just north of downtown Miami.
- 2014-03-30 (Sunday) - In the median of Biscayne Blvd. on the downtown Miami waterfront, next to a Metromover station. A very reachable spot.