2015-12-12 52 1
In a field between Eyke and the A12, Suffolk, UK.
Public footpaths and farm tracks led close. It looked as though there was a convenient bridge under the railway. The river Deben blocked the approach from the other direction. I planned to attempt this in the morning on the way to friends in Essex.
Expedition - Fail
- Not reached - too much Christmas cheer! -- Sourcerer (talk) @51.7621,.5509 22:43, 12 December 2015 (GMT)
At first I categorised this as "Did not attempt". This was wrong. I diverted off my route and got to about 1.3 km away from the hashpoint. Then I gave up.
- Wet - not quite snow.
- Hasdog Lyla was recovering from an operation to remove a cancerous lump.
- Too cold to leave the dog in the car.
- Too far for the dog to walk.
- I had been invited to a fairly up-market Italian restaurant later that evening.
- I didn't want to turn up covered in mud. I forgot to pack a change of clothes.
- I decided to visit the hashpoint on my way home. The forecast was for dryer weather but I still had the dog problems.
- I was invited to sleep over at my friends' house in Essex.
- The Italian meal was wonderful. So was the beer. So was the wine. I was given a Santa themed dressing gown. You can see where this is going.
Proof of Fail
| Sourcerer earned the kitty blood trail Consolation Prize
Expeditions and Plans
|Pforzheim, Germany||RecentlyChanged||Near a big road|
|Norwich, United Kingdom||Sourcerer||In a field between Eyke and the A12, Suffolk, UK.|
Update this list.